Sunday, December 17, 2023

Today is 12/17/2023





by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/16/2023 11:50 PM

I've been following tv-news on Channel 2 in Spokane since I moved back here in September 2013

I posted about it many times in my blog

The most lasting impact is of *me* trying to figure out in my mind which of this stuff could have been caused conventionally by conspiracy

I cannot prove the thoughts in the heads of other people

I cannot prove their thoughts caused them to post information that is convienent for the associations of my original work code pattern

Whatever it is, is not meant for me to question them directly. Because they never respond and they've had more than ample opportunity to respond back to me directly

Looking back through my images collection, the weather patterns aren't that much different from now than from 10 years ago. We *seem* to be in a sort of a snow-drought for this time of year but the patterns I see in the tv-news weather isn't that much different










DSC02403 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/14/2014










DSC02525 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/20/2014
DSC02526 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/20/2014
DSC02527 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/20/2014










10800_DSC01514 krem










20161116_131111 .jpg, me, Kerry Wayne Burgess circa 1989, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex, USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy
USS_Wainwright_(CG-28) , US Navy .jpg, from internet










2016_Nk20_DSCN4815 krem









From 11/2/1965 to 9/8/1966 ( premiere USA TV series "Star Trek" ) is 10 months , 6 days









On Now, MeTV channel Spokane 11:00 pm Saturday 12/16/2023

Star Trek

MENAGERIE, THE (PART 2)

"Spock's court-martial continues as he attempts to justify his abduction of Pike, the theft of the Enterprise, and his heading for a planet declared forbidden by Starfleet."









From 2/28/2019 ( debut of "Space Engineers" by Keen Software House ) To 4/12/2021 ( ) is 774 days

774 = 387 + 387

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/24/1966 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Menagerie - Part II" ) is 387 days









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Rigel 7]

VINA: Come on, we must hide ourselves. Come, come, hurry. It's deserted. There'll be weapons and perhaps food.

PIKE: This is Rigel Seven.

VINA: Please, we must hide ourselves.

PIKE: I was in a cage, a cell, in some kind of a zoo. I must still be there.

VINA: Come on.

PIKE: They've reached into my mind and taken the memory of somewhere I've been.

VINA: The Kaylar!

PIKE: It's starting just as it happened two weeks ago, except for you.










2021-04-12_1
2021-04-12_2
2021-04-12_3









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

VINA: But that's not enough. Don't you see? They read my thoughts, my feelings, my dreams of what would be a perfect man. That's why they picked you. I can't help but love you and they expect you to feel the same way.

PIKE: If they can read my mind, then they know I'm attracted to you. I was from the very first moment I saw you in the survivor's camp. You were like a wild little animal.

VINA; I'm beginning to see why none of this has worked for you. You've been home, and fighting as on Rigel. That's not new to you, either. A person's strongest dreams are about what he can't do. Yes, a ship's captain, always having to be so formal, so decent and honest and proper. You must wonder what it would be like to forget all that.

[Open air party]

(a band plays, and a green woman dances sensuously)

TRADER: Nice place you have here, Mister Pike.

PIKE: Vina?

[Hearing room]

KIRK: That's Vina again, as the green Orion slave girl? (flash)

MENDEZ: They're like animals, vicious, seductive. They say no human male can resist them.

KIRK: Strange evidence from the past, how the Talosians, planning to breed a society of human slaves, tempted Captain Pike with the Earth woman they held in captivity. And as she appeared to him in many forms, each more exciting than the last, Pike was beginning to weaken.









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Hearing room]

SPOCK: A brilliant deduction by Captain Pike, gentlemen. Yes, he was still inside his cell, but knowing that couldn't help him.

KIRK: The Talosians controlled his brain.

SPOCK: And could make him live any place, any time, any situation they wished. He would see, taste, suffer with the same reality as you gentlemen sitting there.

PIKE [on screen]: Longer hair, different dress, but it is you, the one the survivors call Vina. Or rather the image of Vina. But why you again? Why didn't they create a different girl?

[Rigel 7]

VINA: Quick. If you attack while it's not looking.

PIKE: But it's only a dream.

VINA: You have to kill him as you did here before.

PIKE: You can tell my jailers I won't go along with it. I'm not an animal performing for its supper.

VINA: It doesn't matter what you call this, you'll feel it. That's what matters. You'll feel every moment of what happens to you.

(so Pike fights the Kaylar, first with mace and shield, then whatever he can grab. He is pushed off a ledge, and as it jumps off after him, he impales it on a barbed spearhead)

[Pike's cell]

VINA: It's over. (she hugs her hero, then sees the Talosians)










1990-01-17_1










2004-11-14_3









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Pike's cell]

VINA: Perhaps if you asked me some questions I could answer.

PIKE: How far can they control my mind?

VINA: If I tell you, then will you pick some dream you've had and let me live it with you?

PIKE: Perhaps.

VINA: They can't actually make you do anything you don't want to do.

PIKE: But they try to trick me with their illusions.

VINA: And, er, they can punish you when you're not co-operative. You'll find out about that.

PIKE: Did they ever live on the surface of this planet? Why did they go underground?

VINA: War, thousands of centuries ago.

PIKE: That's why it's so barren up there?

VINA: The planet's only now becoming able to support life again.

PIKE: So the Talosians who came underground found life limited here and they concentrated on developing their mental power.

VINA: But they found it's a trap, like a narcotic, because when dreams become more important than reality, you give up travel, building, creating. You even forget how to repair the machines left behind by your ancestors. You just sit, living and reliving other lives left behind in the thought record.

PIKE: Or sit probing minds of zoo specimens like me.

VINA: You're better than a theatre to them. They create the illusion for you, they watch you react, feel your emotions. They have a whole collection of specimens, descendants of life brought back long ago from all over this part of the galaxy.









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

PIKE: Or do they do more than just watch me? Do they feel with me, too?









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

TYLER: It's Captain Pike they've got. He needs help.

SPOCK: If we start buzzing about down there, we're liable to find their mental power's so great they could reach out and swat this ship as though it were a fly.

TYLER: Now that entry may have stood up against hand lasers but we can transmit the ship's power against it, enough to blast half a continent.

NUMBER ONE: Engineering deck will rig to transmit ship's power. We'll try blasting through that metal.

[Talosian monitoring room]

TALOSIAN: Thousands of us are already probing the creature's thoughts, Magistrate. We find excellent memory capacity.

MAGISTRATE: I read most strongly a recent death struggle in which it fought to protect its life. We will begin with this, giving the specimen something more interesting to protect.










2021-04-12_4









"The Menagerie, part 2" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

Personal log, stardate 3013.2. Reconvening court-martial of Mister Spock and the strangest trial evidence ever heard aboard a starship. From the mysterious planet now only one hour ahead of us, the story of Captain Pike's imprisonment there.

[Hearing room]

PIKE [on screen]: Why are you here?

VINA [on screen]: To please you.

PIKE [on screen]: Are you real?

VINA [on screen]: As real as you wish.

[Pike's cell]

PIKE: No, no. No, that's not an answer. I've never met you before, never even imagined you.

VINA: Perhaps they made me out of dreams you've forgotten.

PIKE: What, and dress you in the same metal fabric they wear?

VINA: I can wear whatever you wish, be anything you wish.

PIKE: So they can see how their specimen performs? They want to see how I react, is that it?

VINA: Don't you have a, a dream, something you've always wanted very badly?

PIKE: Or do they do more than just watch me? Do they feel with me, too?

VINA: You can have whatever dream you want. I can become anything, any woman you, you've ever imagined. You can have anything you want in the whole universe. Let me please you.

PIKE: Yes. Yes, you can please me. You can tell me about them. Is there any way I can keep them from probing my mind, from using my thoughts against me? Does that frighten you? Does that mean there is a way?

VINA: You're a fool.

PIKE: Since you're not real, there's not much point in continuing this conversation, is there?










2016_Nk20_DSCN4813 krem










star-trek-tos_season1-ep12-1966_00h-14m-45s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep12-1966_00h-14m-50s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 12:52 AM Pacific-time USA Sunday 12/17/2023