Saturday, December 16, 2023

Today is 12/16/2023





by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/16/2023 5:08 PM

I post a lot of this stuff because it intrigues me

I did not purposely make a choice *because* I was already aware of the code-pattern in my original-work

This observation was made only today by me

I make random-seeming choices and then I go back and wonder if there's anything interesting about the calendar-day I made that random choice, as happens in this example









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734622/

IMDb

The Twilight Zone

S2.E20

Static

Episode aired Mar 10, 1961

An old radio is taking bitter bachelor Ed Lindsay back to a happier time before what he considers worthless tripe on television when he starts picking up radio programs from the 1930's and 1940's.









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

Static

Quotes

[opening narration]

Narrator: No one ever saw one quite like that, because that's a very special sort of radio. In its day, circa 1935, its type was one of the most elegant consoles on the market. Now, with its fabric-covered speakers, its peculiar yellow dial, its serrated knobs, it looks quaint and a little strange. Mr. Ed Lindsay is going to find out how strange very soon - when he tunes in to The Twilight Zone.









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

Static

Quotes

The Boy: [who just helped him carry a huge, heavy 1935 console radio upstairs] Think it still works?

Ed Lindsay: [starts to turn on radio] Sure. Of course, it works. They made things to last in those days, boy.









From 2/14/1977 ( from Princeton Weekly Bulletin publication, Princeton University: New Book By Jaynes On Origin Of Consciousness Is Sure To Spark Controversy ) To 6/27/2018 ( ) is 15108 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/15/2007 ( premiere USA TV series episode "True Life"::"I'm a Genius" ) is 15108 days



From 3/10/1961 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Static" ) To 6/27/2018 ( ) is 20928 days

20928 = 10464 + 10464

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/1994 ( the US NASA Stargazer Pegasus rocket failure ) is 10464 days



From 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) To 6/27/2018 ( ) is 18505 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/2/2016 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrated here ) is 18505 days



From 12/1/2011 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: ELEVATOR MUZAK ; Street Critiques The Background Music At All Of Your Favorite Princeton Haunts ) To 6/27/2018 ( ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days










2018-06_27_1









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

Static

Quotes

Vinnie: You can't change what you are and neither can I. We had our chance and missed it, Ed. But I'll tell you one thing that's true... And I know it's true. You did love me as much as a man ever loved a woman. Didn't you?

Ed Lindsay: Yes, Vinnie. That's true. I did, yes.

Vinnie: And now you love what we were; what we might've become together. So just about this time every year... It would have been our anniversary... You start getting unhappy. You want to go back to 1940 and start all over again. Why do you think you keep hearing "Getting Sentimental Over You" on the radio? That was our song, Ed. And those programs... We used to listen to them together... In the dark. I'd forgotten. When you hear those programs, you're like a young man again with all of your life ahead of you. But it isn't so, Ed. It's all over between us. We missed our chance. We can't go back.










coldplay .jpg, image captured by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/02/2016, for illustration











https://youtu.be/d020hcWA_Wg?si=-IHHOAgl31ftCEYr

Coldplay - Clocks









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian20111201-02.2.2&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Princeton University

Daily Princetonian, Volume 135, Number 113, 1 December 2011

ELEVATOR MUZAK

Street critiques the background music at all of your favorite Princeton haunts









IMDb

The Twilight Zone

Static

Quotes

The Boy: [listens to some modern, loud, blaring, rock 'n' roll instrumental music on the radio] Hey, that's pretty wild, alright.

Ed Lindsay: [upset that he likes modern music, shows him the door, gives him some coins] Get out. Go buy yourself a switch-blade!









From 11/6/2007 ( ) To 6/27/2018 ( ) is 3886 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/23/1976 ( premiere USA film "Logan's Run" ) is 3886 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 11/06/07 2:44 AM

When I wake up, as I have on many occasions, and realize I am holding a knife in my hand, which I was not holding when I went to sleep, I wonder what I was dreaming about.









IMDb

Logan's Run (1976)

Quotes

Logan: Question: What is it?

Computer: That is the name of the object: Ankh. Do you identify this word? Sanctuary?

Logan: Negative.

Computer: Sanctuary is a pre-catastrophe code word. Used for a place of immunity.

Logan: I don't understand?

Computer: The object Ankh has been identified with the code word Sanctuary. The object and the word both relate to runners who have not been accounted for.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 10/01/08 2:44 PM

What the hell must I have been dreaming about that makes me realize I am clenching a knife in my hand when I wake up.









by me, Kerry Burgess: April 26, 2017

Add one more to the body count of people I've killed up close in my sleeping dreams. As seen from my perspective.

Crazy guy with a knife. I locked the door. He's got a little knife, about to break the window between us next to the door I locked. I know he's going to kill me. He's already violently attacked a woman, who should be dead because of the injuries I observed him cause. I find a bigger knife on a shelf beside me by the door. Tap it against the window. He just stands there. I open the door and stab it into his neck and twist. Watch him die.

Crazy and vivid dream. So much other stuff. Doesn't seem that important to write about.

Nearby I had been standing outside in very cold weather and I was very cold and then Lucifier showed up. He went over to one of The Crazies nearby but that guy's head exploded after he took off his helmet. Then Lucifier was asking me questions I couldn't answer. He wanted to know about 199th Avenue and if I recall correctly then he was trying to find a mental hospital there, which I guess after waking up, was in downtown Seattle. Despite having been congenial up to that point, he made an angry comment to me about not knowing anything as he turned and I saw him hurry off towards 199th.

Such a vivid dream. I could feel the knife grip in my hand and other such details.









album: "Viva La Vida" (2008)

Coldplay

"Viva La Vida"

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing,
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world










somewhere-in-the-night_00h00m10s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h01m32s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h01m37s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h02m30s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h02m46s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h02m36s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h03m41s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h06m58s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h07m06s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 5:42 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 12/16/2023