Wednesday, July 27, 2011

King-Size Homer (1995)




http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F05.html

King-Size Homer

Original airdate in N.A.: 5-Nov-95


Homer climbs the side of the ready to burst tank. He passes signs pointing to the "manual shutdown" switch. As the workers count off the last few Iroquois Twists, Homer struggles to reach the switch, only to fall and grab clutching at the catwalk above the tank. "Stupid switch!" he laments, "I wish I had my reaching broom! Wait a minute, there's probably a --" The tank explodes, venting green gas with great force. Homer falls screaming into the tank opening, his tremendous girth sealing the opening and ending the crisis.

Later, all the employees gather to applaud Homer.

Burns: Homer, your bravery and quick thinking have turned a potential Chernobyl into a mere Three Mile Island. Bravo!

[Places an award around Homer's neck.]

Lisa: I think it's ironic that Dad saved the day while a slimmer man would have fallen to his death.

Bart: And I think it's ironic that for once Dad's butt prevented the release of toxic gas --

Marge: Bart!

Burns: [to Homer] We'll have you out of there as soon as our tech boys get you decontaminated.

Homer: Thank you Mr. Burns -- [giggles as the technicians hose off his lower half] It was pretty scary up there -- [laughs] -- for a while I feared for my life -- [laughs more]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104257/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

A Few Good Men (1992)


Judge Randolph: *Consider yourself in Contempt!*

Kaffee: *Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?*

Judge Randolph: You *don’t* have to answer that question!

Col. Jessep: I'll answer the question!

[to Kaffee]

Col. Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.

Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*

Kaffee: *I want the truth!*

Col. Jessep: *You can’t handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F05.html

King-Size Homer

Original airdate in N.A.: 5-Nov-95


Homer uses a broom to hit at the keyboard in the general vicinity of the "Y" key. Several kids gather outside to watch him through the window.

Milhouse: Uh...what's your dad's job again?

Bart: He's a nuclear safety technician.

Nelson: What's he doing with that broom?

Bart: [sheepish] Uh...what isn't he doing?

Jimbo: I heard that guy's ass has its own congressman.










http://www.cswap.com/2002/28_Days_Later.../cap/en/25fps/a/00_23

28 Days Later...


:23:44
They died peacefully.
You should be grateful.





http://www.cswap.com/2002/28_Days_Later.../cap/en/25fps/a/00_23

28 Days Later...


:23:52
My...

:23:54
parents and my sister,
we went to Paddington Station,

:24:01
hoping maybe we could get on a plane,
maybe we could buy our way onto a plane.

:24:07
I remember my dad had all this cash,

:24:09
even though cash was completely useless.

:24:14
About 20,000 other people had the same idea.

:24:19
Crowd was surging.

:24:22
I lost my grip on my sister's hand.

:24:26
I remember the ground was soft.

:24:31
I looked down
and I was standing on all these people.

:24:35
Like a carpet.