Thursday, September 29, 2011

Inventors




http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


What I want to ask you is this:
Even if you had invented
a time machine, what of it?
What's its use? Who'd buy it?
How much would it cost?
Have you thought of the
commercial possibilities?
No, I haven't.
George...! There's a war on
in South Africa.
The Boers are putting up a fight.
The country needs inventors like you.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/windtalkers-script-transcript-wind-talkers.html


Windtalkers [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


You a rich man, Whitehorse?
We do okay.
Taxis, a whole stinking fleet of them.
That's how I'll make my millions.
Then, I'm going back to the motherland.
I'm building myself a villa
on the cliffs of Santorini.
Santorini, my friends. That's living.
Sounds nice. What about you, Zee?
I'm thinking about teaching.
Teaching. Bring something back
to the reservation?
Actually, I'm more interested in bringing
some of the reservation back to the world.
Hoping to teach college. American history.
That's just what we need.
Yahzee teaching college boys
about Custer's scalping at Little Bighorn.
And what about what Kit Carson
did to the Navajo in the Long Walk?
Ever read about that?
I didn't think so.
How about you, Joe?
What?
What are you doing after this mess?
It's got to end some time.
Dear Joe, we got great news today.
President RooseveIt announced
the end of blackouts on Hawaii.
We thought the day wouId never come.
There"s still a .: curfew,
but that doesn"t matter to me.
After a -hour shift,
I"m too tired to do anything but write letters.
There is a real sense that the war
is going well and could be over soon.
I think about you more and more,
if you"re alive or dead out there.
I check the mail every day,
knowing there"s going to be an answer.
Are you reading these, Joe?
Are you listening?