Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Well, it has happened."




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:12 AM Saturday, September 03, 2011


When was it that cat showed up? Less than a week ago but maybe close to exactly a week ago. I have thought about it often because I have wondered if the arrival of the cat was synchronized in a manner unexplainable to other observations I made around the time of the arrival of the cat.

I do not now recall specific details but I do now as I sit here think vaguely that there were some details I wondered about. I had been watching on DVD the 2004 film "Dawn of the Dead" around the time the cat arrived. I might have been watching the DVD at the time the cat arrived but I do not now recall that specific detail. Scanning back through my journal that seems to have been the last post of the morning of 31 August 2011. I consistently think since then, even now as I write this, that if, as I do now, write about that then there is something I will forget and that I wanted to note and that seemed relevant and prescient.

I had seen the cat before as it walked around the yard in front of my apartment and I assumed it was a neighbor's pet. But when I write about the 'arrival' of the cat, that was the time when it jumped down on my patio and was definitely trying to get into my apartment. I saw it nudging with its nose my screen door on the patio and it was trying to get into my apartment late one night and I think, as best I recall, that was in the three o'clock time frame in the morning. It jumped down more times after that but that first night, I think, I was trying to give it some food. It seemed healthy and clean and that first time I held out my hand with food in it the cat came up and sniffed at the food I had for about a second or two and then I saw its eyes look up at me and I guess it didn't like the food I brought out to it. In the days after that it has not jumped down on my patio but I did hear a commotion near my other window about twelve hours ago and the cat was there doing something that I could not tell in the dark. I think tonight about how its calico fur reminds me of "Gizmo" although the cat has since that first time I got close to it become skittish enough that it moves away when I come out onto my patio. I have been wondering if that is because I ignored it when it was trying with it nose to nudge open my screen door. Other times I have just wondered if it does not want to become a zombie cat.

Doesn't that make sense? I have thought several times since it arrived. There will be people who survived who will want cats to survive. I have thought extensively about how my niece Michelle would want to see her rabbit alive again. And while that inspires a lot of complicated thoughts in my mind I think of how that is all obvious. To me and to her.

So why would not that cat arrive. First, is the time traveler effect. I write about an observation, and so on. But there is also something else in terms of how there might be other people who do want cats to survive, too. I keep thinking there was another observation I wanted to make here but it slips my mind and I cannot recall what that was. As I finalize the details for this post I think to myself that the material content I wanted to publish has slipped my mind and I cannot recall the relevant detail I wanted to reference here and for a purpose the will reduce the amount of time I have to spend here in this hellish existence.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 September 2011 excerpt ends ]










http://www.cswap.com/1971/The_Andromeda_Strain/cap/en/25fps/a/00_59

The Andromeda Strain


:59:03
Whatever killed them at Piedmont

:59:04
is still there and
still as potent as ever.

:59:06
If potent's the word.

:59:08
Let's try a rhesus.

:59:09
Yeah. We'll want
a postmortem on it anyway.

:59:23
Housekeeping to level 5.

:59:25
Clean sweep schedule "B" now in effect.

:59:28
Germfree animal technicians,

:59:30
please consult schedule "A".

1:00:22
So, okay.

1:00:23
Isolate and identify.

1:00:26
Right. You and I'll scan
the capsule, Ruth.

1:00:29
Charlie, you work on these in autopsy.










http://www.cswap.com/1971/The_Andromeda_Strain/cap/en/25fps/a/01_02

The Andromeda Strain


1:02:07
Let our distinguished surgeon
handle the knife.

1:02:09
Fine, but not for a while.

1:02:12
First, I'm a pediatrician
and a geriatrist.

1:02:16
Take it easy.

1:02:17
Charlie will have a technician.

1:02:32
What's been done for them?

1:02:36
Just plasma for the old man,

1:02:38
dextrose for the baby.

1:02:39
Your therapy?

1:02:41
No. Medcom's.

1:02:44
Do I call you Miss Medcom?

1:02:46
If you like, Dr. Hall.

1:02:48
My name's Karen Anson.

1:02:50
Good. I couldn't cope with two machines.

1:02:53
How does this work?

1:02:54
You're lucky.

1:02:55
Medcom's got one of the best minds here.

1:02:58
It's a medical data analyzer

1:03:00
that can diagnose as well as prescribe.

1:03:02
It's hooked up to the
main computer on level 1.

1:03:05
Every console and
instrument in Wildfire

1:03:07
is plugged into the main computer

1:03:09
on a time-sharing basis.

1:03:11
All our key lab studies

1:03:12
are done on automated machines.

1:03:13
I prefer the personal touch.

1:03:15
It's hard to come
by in those suits.

1:03:24
Have you worked in them?

1:03:25
Not for real.

1:03:25
But I've been drilling for three months.

1:03:28
Thank God for an expert.

1:03:29
This sort of thing's new to me.

1:03:31
It's new to all of us.

1:03:33
Until now, Wildfire's been like a game.

1:03:35
We've even had simulation
biowar games here

1:03:38
with live subjects... volunteers.

1:03:42
I mean, I'm scared.

1:03:45
I never believed
this could really happen.

1:03:48
Well, it has happened.










http://www.tv.com/star-trek-voyager/the-gift/episode/10709/trivia.html

tv.com


Star Trek: Voyager

Season 4, Episode 2

The Gift

Air Date

Wednesday September 10, 1997

Quotes


Janeway: I can tell by the expression on your face that you've got some bad news.

Tuvok: I have no expression on my face. However, you are correct.










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/w/windtalkers-script-transcript-wind-talkers.html

Windtalkers


From the halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli
We wil fight our country"s battles
On the land and on the sea
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marines
Hi.
How's that ear?
Not that you'd ever admit it,
but if it starts to ache, take two pills...
and call me in the morning.
You're not gonna be here
in the morning, are you?
Shipping out
without even buying me a drink.