Sunday, October 18, 2015

That's not 'irony', moron.




Just demonstrates how you are lame and unimaginative.



































10800_DSC01244.JPG



































10800_DSC01245.JPG



































10800_DSC01246.JPG



































10800_DSC01247.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 16, 2006


Was I with the Blue Angels ????

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/index.htm

The Blue Angels’ mission is to enhance Navy and Marine Corps recruiting efforts and to represent the naval service to the United States, its elected leadership and foreign nations. The Blue Angels serve as positive role models and goodwill ambassadors for the U. S. Navy and Marine Corps.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 3, 2006


Damn. I was going to go down there for the tour. At least I got see the Blue Angels when I was sitting outside VA today waiting for the bus.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


I started thinking about this movie again today. I think it is because the F6F Hellcat was the first aircraft the Blue Angels used in their demonstrations. Also, I read in the Seattle Times today that there have only been something like 215 pilots that have flown with the Blue Angels and something like only 31 people have even commanded the Blue Angels squadron. I started thinking after I read that information that I was not only a member of the Blue Angels while a midshipman, but I later was the commander of the team, perhaps in 1989. Don't actually remember anything about it though.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


Every calculator I find produces a different result when converting 1.6 Mach to MPH.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels


Today is a very special and memorable day in your military career that will remain with you throughout your lifetime. You have survived the ultimate test of your peers and have proven to be completely deserving to wear the crest of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.

The prestige of wearing the Blue Angels uniform carries with it an extraordinary honor — one that reflects not only on you as an individual, but on your teammates and the entire squadron. To the crowds at the air shows and to the public at hospitals and schools nationwide, you are a symbol of the Navy and Marine Corps' finest. You bring pride, hope and a promise for tomorrow's Navy and Marine Corps in the smiles and handshakes of today's youth. Remember today as the day you became a Blue Angel; look around at your teammates and commit this special bond to memory. "Once a Blue Angel, always a Blue Angel," rings true for all those who wear the crest of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Welcome to the team.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-308.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X08 - HERO

Original Airdate (SciFi): 17-NOV-2006


Cottle: Have Dr. Stoffa call me as soon as you arrive. And, Bulldog, you're gonna be fine. Just remember it'll take some time.

Bulldog: All right.

Adama: Lieutenant... you forgot something.

(He proffers a Fleet uniform.)

Bulldog: I can't. Bill, I --

Adama: Take it. You're not gettin' off that easy.

(He takes the uniform.)

Adama: once a pilot, always a pilot, Bulldog.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: auto-confirm@amazon.com [mailto:auto-confirm@amazon.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:10 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Your Order with Amazon.com


Thanks for your order, Kerry W Burgess!


Kerry Burgess


RENTON, WA 98056-8471

United States


Delivery estimate: June 22, 2010 - June 26, 2010


Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

1 "Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 June 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica

And all of this, this just makes it worse, whatever it is I am doing. I see it everywhere I go. In here in this madhouse, it just gets worse. Outside, I see it, everywhere, it just is lunacy.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 April 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:41 AM Friday, August 13, 2010


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels


In December, 1974 the Navy Flight Demonstration Team downsized to more economical subsonic McDonnell Douglas A-4F Skyhawk II and was reorganized into the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron. This reorganization permitted the establishment of a commanding officer, a flight leader, added support officers, and further redefined the squadron's mission emphasizing the support of recruiting efforts.


1946: The "Navy Flight Exhibition Team" is formed and takes the name Blue Angels.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels


Today is a very special and memorable day in your military career that will remain with you throughout your lifetime. You have survived the ultimate test of your peers and have proven to be completely deserving to wear the crest of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.

The prestige of wearing the Blue Angels uniform carries with it an extraordinary honor — one that reflects not only on you as an individual, but on your teammates and the entire squadron. To the crowds at the air shows and to the public at hospitals and schools nationwide, you are a symbol of the Navy and Marine Corps' finest. You bring pride, hope and a promise for tomorrow's Navy and Marine Corps in the smiles and handshakes of today's youth. Remember today as the day you became a Blue Angel; look around at your teammates and commit this special bond to memory. "Once a Blue Angel, always a Blue Angel," rings true for all those who wear the crest of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Welcome to the team.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-308.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X08 - HERO

Original Airdate (SciFi): 17-NOV-2006


Cottle: Have Dr. Stoffa call me as soon as you arrive. And, Bulldog, you're gonna be fine. Just remember it'll take some time.

Bulldog: All right.

Adama: Lieutenant... you forgot something.

(He proffers a Fleet uniform.)

Bulldog: I can't. Bill, I --

Adama: Take it. You're not gettin' off that easy.

(He takes the uniform.)

Adama: once a pilot, always a pilot, Bulldog.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 August 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/19/07 2:25 PM
I was thinking that other day when I was reading this that it could reflect that I had been a Commanding Officer three times already by that point. One of those could have been as the Commanding Officer of the Blue Angels. The inside joke could be that by that point - or even a decade earlier - I could have just sit back and rested on my past accomplishments, but I kept seeking new and greater challenges.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 February 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/07 2:36 AM
So I wonder if there are some details out there associating me to when I became the Commanding Officer of the USN Blue Angels team.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 October 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/07 2:47 AM
Now I'm thinking I was the CO of the Blue Angels in 1992. I feel compelled to look for details along that line for 1992.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/07 2:50 AM
Did Phoebe and I live in Memphis in 1992?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 October 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/13/07 9:39 AM
It must be those rivets or bolts or whatever they are on that bar in the canopy of the F/A-18 Hornet that I dreamed of that time. Looking at that photo of the Blue Angels jets matches perfectly what I saw in that dream.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/13/07 9:43 AM
I made an illustration on that photo from the Hornet that represents what I saw in that dream a while back.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 October 2007 excerpt ends]










Well, I finally gave up trying to find a reference in my offline journal I am not even certain I ever made.

Perhaps 'irony' is how I value the images I capture now from a cheap camera I didn't want to purchase back then, those years of 2007 and 2008 and into 2009.

I sat there many hours on the roof-top deck in the evenings at The Vermont in downtown Seattle and I remember very well the day the US Navy Flight Demonstration Team was practicing over Seattle.

One day I was up there and a woman I doubtfully half-suspected was a zombie commented about the one Blue Angels jet "never" flew that close over our location. I saw the pilot clearly pass by us. I commented to her something about how I was going back below because of something about getting sunburned, out there in the bright sunlight.

Checking just now the Seafair website the Blue Angels fly over in August so I am guessing that day on the rooftop deck of The Vermont there just as The Space Needle towered over us was in August 2008. I might have recorded that in my journal but I really have no idea.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:33 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 03 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/us-and-them.html


From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 3:36 PM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: RE: Chief of Staff


http://athlinks.com/result/48353/72800/33322024/33020650


athlinks


KERRY BURGESS

Age: 37 Class: M 35 to 39 Home: WA


Benaroya Research Institue Triathlon At Seafair 2003

Seattle, WA - Sun, Jul 20th, 2003

Swim Transition Bike/Cycle Transition Run Final Time & Place (A/G/O) Time

19:53 05:04 39:18 02:19 33:09 1:39:43


http://athlinks.com/result/96331/134804/33322024/54100176

athlinks


KERRY BURGESS

Age: 37 Class: M 35 to 39 Home: WA

Beaver Lake Triathlon 2003

Beaver Lake Park, WA - Sat, Aug 16th, 2003

Swim Transition Bike/Cycle Transition Run Final Time & Place (A/G/O) Time

09:43 03:24 51:28 01:53 42:34 1:49:03


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 March 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 09/12/08 5:19 AM
I had some kind of dream about being on a bus but there only seemed to be one seat on the bus or something like that. That is confusing now that I think more about it after waking up. But that particular scene that I remember among many others I do not seemed to be heavy on aviation. There was dialog about a blue flight suit. There was dialog with air traffic controllers and there was some dialog about how the aircraft we were flying in was a bumblebee, although it was only referred to in the dream a a bee. After waking up, the flight suit reminds me of the Blue Angels flight suit


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 september 2008 excerpt ends]


























http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/sts-71/sts-71-crew.gif










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Apollo: We're coming in a little hot, don't you think?

Starbuck: No? Not really?
























http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/history/shuttle-mir/photos/sts71/mir-imax/hmg0016.jpg


















https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/446721main_clay.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:57 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 18 October 2015