Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"Well, it's not 12:00 yet."




http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pinkfloyd.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

album: "The Division Bell" (1994)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/highhopes.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb


Gremlins (1984)

Quotes


Kate: What are they, Billy?

Billy Peltzer: They're gremlins, Kate, just like Mr. Futterman said.










From 2/14/1964 To 5/4/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks Opening Expo '74, Spokane, Washington ) is 3732 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/21/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Mars and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) is 3732 days



From 2/14/1964 To 8/15/1972 ( Richard Nixon - Message to the Congress on Plans for an International Exposition on the Environment To Be Held in Spokane, Washington ) is 3105 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/4/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks Opening Expo '74, Spokane, Washington ) is 3105 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 2/14/1964 is 1276 days

1276 = 638 + 638

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/2/1967 ( Walter Terence Stace deceased ) is 638 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 2/14/1964 is 1276 days

1276 = 638 + 638

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/2/1967 ( Walter Terence Stace deceased ) is 638 days





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002090/bio

IMDb


Zach Galligan

Biography

Date of Birth 14 February 1964, New York City, New York, USA

Birth Name Zachary W. Galligan










1984 film "Gremlins" DVD video:


Gerald: You haven't seen my new apartment.

Kate: I haven't seen your old apartment.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=gremlins

Springfield! Springfield!


Gremlins (1984)


Morning, Billy.
Get in there and be quiet.
- You just made it.
- Again.
Will you sign this petition?
Sure. What's it for?
To declare Dorry's pub a landmark.



































092315_a_spwl_ (60).jpg










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=gremlins

Springfield! Springfield!


Gremlins (1984)


And have a Merry Christmas.

You're rolling with Rockin' Ricky Rialto... ...the voice of Kingston Falls, U. S.A!










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


I


But some philosophical people have been asking why three dimensions particularly—why not another direction at right angles to the other three?—and have even tried to construct a Four-Dimension geometry. Professor Simon Newcomb was expounding this to the New York Mathematical Society only a month or so ago. You know how on a flat surface, which has only two dimensions, we can represent a figure of a three-dimensional solid, and similarly they think that by models of three dimensions they could represent one of four—if they could master the perspective of the thing. See?'

'I think so,' murmured the Provincial Mayor; and, knitting his brows, he lapsed into an introspective state, his lips moving as one who repeats mystic words. 'Yes, I think I see it now,' he said after some time, brightening in a quite transitory manner.










http://www.britannica.com/biography/W-T-Stace

Encyclopædia Britannica


W. T. Stace

British philosopher

W. T. Stace, (born Nov. 17, 1886, London, Eng.—died Aug. 2, 1967, Laguna Beach, Calif., U.S.), English-born philosopher who sought to reconcile naturalism with religious experience. His utilitarian theories, though empiricist in nature, acknowledged the necessity of incorporating mystical and spiritual interpretations.

Educated at Bath College and Fettes College, Edinburgh, and at Trinity College, Dublin, Stace held positions of magistrate and judge in the British civil service in Ceylon (1910–32), where he studied Hinduism and Buddhism before teaching philosophy at Princeton University (1932–55) in the United States. Influenced by the German philosopher G.W.F. Hegel, he published many works exploring commonalities of human thought as related to religious empiricism. His key books include The Philosophy of Hegel (1924), The Theory of Knowledge and Existence (1932), The Concept of Morals (1937), Time and Eternity (1952), and Mysticism and Philosophy (1960).










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


VIII


'Suddenly Weena came very close to my side. So suddenly that she startled me. Had it not been for her I do not think I should have noticed that the floor of the gallery sloped at all. [Footnote: It may be, of course, that the floor did not slope, but that the museum was built into the side of a hill.—ED.] The end I had come in at was quite above ground, and was lit by rare slit-like windows. As you went down the length, the ground came up against these windows, until at last there was a pit like the "area" of a London house before each, and only a narrow line of daylight at the top. I went slowly along, puzzling about the machines, and had been too intent upon them to notice the gradual diminution of the light, until Weena's increasing apprehensions drew my attention. Then I saw that the gallery ran down at last into a thick darkness. I hesitated, and then, as I looked round me, I saw that the dust was less abundant and its surface less even. Further away towards the dimness, it appeared to be broken by a number of small narrow footprints. My sense of the immediate presence of the Morlocks revived at that. I felt that I was wasting my time in the academic examination of machinery. I called to mind that it was already far advanced in the afternoon, and that I had still no weapon, no refuge, and no means of making a fire. And then down in the remote blackness of the gallery I heard a peculiar pattering, and the same odd noises I had heard down the well.

'I took Weena's hand. Then, struck with a sudden idea, I left her and turned to a machine from which projected a lever not unlike those in a signal-box. Clambering upon the stand, and grasping this lever in my hands, I put all my weight upon it sideways. Suddenly Weena, deserted in the central aisle, began to whimper. I had judged the strength of the lever pretty correctly, for it snapped after a minute's strain, and I rejoined her with a mace in my hand more than sufficient, I judged, for any Morlock skull I might encounter. And I longed very much to kill a Morlock or so. Very inhuman, you may think, to want to go killing one's own descendants! But it was impossible, somehow, to feel any humanity in the things. Only my disinclination to leave Weena, and a persuasion that if I began to slake my thirst for murder my Time Machine might suffer, restrained me from going straight down the gallery and killing the brutes I heard.

'Well, mace in one hand and Weena in the other, I went out of that gallery and into another and still larger one, which at the first glance reminded me of a military chapel hung with tattered flags. The brown and charred rags that hung from the sides of it, I presently recognized as the decaying vestiges of books. They had long since dropped to pieces, and every semblance of print had left them. But here and there were warped boards and cracked metallic clasps that told the tale well enough. Had I been a literary man I might, perhaps, have moralized upon the futility of all ambition. But as it was, the thing that struck me with keenest force was the enormous waste of labour to which this sombre wilderness of rotting paper testified. At the time I will confess that I thought chiefly of the Philosophical Transactions and my own seventeen papers upon physical optics.










1984 film "Gremlins" DVD video:


Randall Peltzer: [ telephone conversation ] The competition's a little more advanced than I expected.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=gremlins

Springfield! Springfield!


Gremlins (1984)


No wonder you gotta drag
people in off the street.
Go ahead, mister.
Look around.
See if there's something you like.
Are these things real?
I told you. Everything's real.
You do have
interesting artifacts here...
...but there's one thing
you don't have.
And what's that?
Let me show you.
I'm an inventor. I made this.
The Bathroom Buddy.
The invention of the century.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4324

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969-1974

244 - Address to the Nation Announcing Decision To Resign the Office of President of the United States

August 8, 1974


I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as President, I must put the interests of America first.










http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/19/AR2006041901099.html

The Washington Post


By Art Buchwald

Tuesday, July 30, 1974; Page B01


In an old blue shoe.
Just go, go, GO!
Please do, do, do, DO!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=3525

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

255 - Message to the Congress on Plans for an International Exposition on the Environment To Be Held in Spokane, Washington.

August 15, 1972

To the Congress of the United States:

In accordance with Public Law 91-269, I wish to inform the Congress today of current plans for the six-month International Exposition on the Environment to be held in Spokane, Washington in 1974.

This exposition will be a particularly welcomed event in America. The Spokane exposition and the 1976 Winter Olympics are now the only internationally recognized events scheduled for this country during our Bicentennial Era. In addition to stimulating trade and cultural exchanges, the exposition through its theme--"How Man Can Live, Work and Play in Harmony with His Environment"--will also focus fresh attention on one of the most pressing concerns of our time.

In November 1970, Expo '74, the nonprofit corporation which is sponsoring the exposition and is responsible for its planning and operation, applied for Federal recognition of the exposition under the provisions of Public Law 91-269. After reviewing the plans of the sponsor, the Secretary of Commerce submitted to me the detailed report required under Section 2(a)(1) of Public Law 91-269 and recommended Federal recognition. A copy of the Secretary's report is transmitted herewith. In this report the Secretary indicated that the sponsor had fulfilled all of the requirements of that law and the regulations issued thereunder (15 CFR § 667).

The Secretary concluded that the environmental theme of the exposition was relevant to current national concerns and was appropriate to the exposition site. He also determined that the sponsors had obtained from the State of Washington, the local governments involved, business and civic leaders of the region and others the financial and other support necessary to assure the successful development of the exposition.

The Secretary of State also reported under Section 2(a)(2) of Public Law 91-269 that the event qualified for registration by the Bureau of International Expositions as a Special Category event.

Based on these favorable reports, I advised the Secretaries of State and Commerce on October 15, 1971, that the exposition warranted Federal recognition as provided by statute. I also indicated that it was my intention to extend this Administration's fullest possible support to foster a successful event.

On November 24, 1971, upon request of the United States, the Bureau of International Expositions in Paris officially recognized the event as a Special Category exposition and approved its General Rules and Regulations by unanimous vote. At its meeting on May 16, 1972 the Bureau also established procedures for sanctioning the special rules and regulations for the exposition.

On January 31, 1972, I issued a proclamation [4103] directing the Secretary of State to invite such foreign countries as he may consider appropriate to participate in this event. The Secretary issued those invitations through diplomatic channels on February 15, 1972. Thus far, Canada, the USSR, and Iran have accepted-and many other countries are now expected to accept. In that proclamation, I also indicated that I planned to appoint a United States Commissioner General to exercise the responsibility of the United States Government for fulfillment of the Convention Relating to International Expositions of November 22, 1928, as modified. Pending this appointment, I am designating the Secretary of Commerce to serve in that capacity on an acting basis. In addition, the Secretary is currently preparing a plan for Federal participation under Section 3 of Public Law 91-269, which I will transmit to the Congress at some later date.

RICHARD NIXON

THE WHITE HOUSE,

August 15, 1972.

Note: On September 22, 1972, the President transmitted to the Congress a proposal for participation by the United States Government in the exposition.










1985 film "Back to the Future" DVD video:


Dr. Emmett Brown: Time machine? I haven't invented any time machine.





1985 film "Back to the Future" DVD video:


Marty McFly: Okay. I'll prove it to you. Look at my driver's license.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:18 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 27 October 2015