Monday, February 29, 2016

Estes




When was that? I think I documented my earlier memory somewhere in a post in this massive blog. I think that must have been about the 7th grade. I wrote about the time I purchased several explosive rocket motors from Estes and through the U.S. mail. I constructed rocket fuselage and then detonated those explosive motors in rockets from the football practice field at the elementary school in De Queen Arkansas.

That might have been the 6th grade. Thedia's friend asked me to paint the interior her house and with the twenty dollars she paid me I bought the model rocket fuselage and the explosive rocket motors. Man, how I loved that.

The image reminds me of how much I wanted one of those Apollo-Saturn rockets. I never did purchase one. The launch pad base is different from the one I purchased from Estes.

So when was that. The year 1977? That sounds about right. Maybe 1976. I should be able to document such events by comparing my memory of Thedia's ex-husbands.























https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/JMS_0067Crop.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:17 AM Pacific Time USA Thursday 16 August 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/08/93-and-91.html


I knew it. I knew that was going to happen. Right on time. Just like clockwork. Right on cue. It never fails.

He sells televisions at the Mall.










1993 film "Bodies, Rest & Motion" DVD video:

00:14:11


Nick: Hey, Chip.

Chip: Supposed to hit 110.

Nick: Well, it's good practice for Hell.

Chip: [ laughs ] I'll remember that one.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 August 2012 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:31 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 29 February 2016