Thursday, February 25, 2016

Scared Stiff





























2016_Nk20_DSCN0982.jpg










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=dead-like-me&episode=s01e05

Springfield! Springfield!


Dead Like Me

s01e05


From birth, we hit the ground running.
Put one foot in front of the other and anything's possible.
That's all bullshit.
The truth is from evolution to revolution, things hardly ever change gradually.
They change suddenly in great leaps.
For those who understand this, life is a constant search for the next big jump.
For the rest of us, all that jumping seems kinda stupid.
Are you mad at me? - Beside myself.
- Give it to me.
Both barrels.
You don't mess with fate, peanut.
There's no discussions.
Life's done, it's done.
- I know that.
- You of all people should know that.
I have to go to work.
- Wanna talk? - I don't wanna talk.
- Have some French fries.
- They're cold.
I gotta go.
That's when it occurred to me.
I really didn't have any friends.
I just had co-workers.
And I really wanted a friend.
As a young undead woman out on my own in the world, where would I find that friend? Maybe at my day job.
Maybe at Happy Time.
Maybe Delores wasn't just my co-worker.
Maybe she could be my friend.
Hi! How's the little engine that could? Or not.
- I'm almost finished.
- Wonderful.
The embossed binders are in a white box by my desk.
We'll do the cover page last.
Gayle's making changes.
- Did you know she's colour-blind? - No.
- That's unusual for girls.
- Really? Sure.
My sister's colour-blind.
Everyone made such a fuss because it's so rare.
But she's a little masculine so we weren't surprised.
Has a wispy little moustache.
She sounds pretty.
Do you have a sister, Millie? I know George has a sister.
Had a sister.
But does Millie? - I didn't mean to stump you.
- I pulled something outta my ass.
I have an older brother.
His name is Luke.
He's a jet pilot.
He bombed the crap out of Baghdad.
- A jet pilot?










From 4/27/1953 ( premiere US film "Scared Stiff" ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 13779 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/25/2003 is 13779 days



From 4/27/1953 ( premiere US film "Scared Stiff" ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 13779 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/25/2003 is 13779 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 7/25/2003 is 4514 days

4514 = 2257 + 2257

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/7/1972 ( Richard Nixon - Letter Announcing Candidacy for Renomination and Reelection ) is 2257 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/dead-like-me/reaping-havoc-252249/

tv.com


Dead Like Me Season 1 Episode 5

Reaping Havoc

Aired Unknown Jul 25, 2003 on Showtime

AIRED: 7/25/03










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/25/2006 1:23 PM


That reminds me of Colleen Hunter-Gale, who was our group manager at Microsoft.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/15/07 7:53 PM
What that scene in the dream I had a few hours ago, where I fired the football back to the quarterback, reminds me of very well is a time I kicked a volleyball back to Colleen Hunter-Gale.

We were at a group picnic at that park across the lake from the Issaquah office and Colleen and Sean O'Driscoll were playing volleyball with a couple of other people on the other side of the net.

The volleyball got away from her and was rolling to me as I had my back to them. She called out for me to catch it and I turned around and took a few steps to it and then kicked it, not unlike a field goal kick, which was a thought that occurred to me at the time as I was watching my foot intersect with the ball. I think she stopped as soon as I turned around and I kicked it right to her, although she had to stretch a little to her right to catch it, but I noted to myself that she kept her feet in the same place. Sean had something like a look of awe on his face after she caught the ball and he was saying something about how I was an athlete.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 December 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046280/releaseinfo

IMDb


Scared Stiff (1953)

Release Info

USA 27 April 1953



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046280/fullcredits

IMDb


Scared Stiff (1953)

Full Cast & Crew

Dean Martin ... Larry Todd
Jerry Lewis ... Myron Mertz










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/11/2006 2:43 PM
Reading about Mars moon, Phobos, reinforces some thoughts I have been having recently that I walked on that surface too in 1976. The part in this article about Phobos breaking apart some day reminds me of that element of the recent remake of “The Time Machine.”

I also drew a comparison to how Phobos is a similar name to that girl I knew from Camp Couchdale named Phoebe Bailey. While there are several elements of symbolism that don’t seem connected, I did just notice that Saturn actually has a moon named Phoebe. But as far as symbolism goes, it would not work to give me a girlfriend named “Phobos,” especially because that name is for the son of Mars. I am thinking that this symbolism represents that I went to the Phobos surface from Cape Canaveral, which is represented by the “C.C.” of Camp Couchdale. My earliest writing on this subject, in terms of interpreting the symbolism, suggested that Camp Couchdale represented my trip to Israel in 1981 on the Osirak strike. There was something about that name “Phoebe” that made me think that was true, as well as remembering that I took classes on “Hunter Safety,” “Defensive Driving,” and “First Aid.” There was also that “big dance” I wrote about, but that could represent either one, especially in terms of landing on Phobos as that would have probably taken a lot of planning and calculation.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/19/2006 12:43 PM
I feel as though there are more details trying to surface in my mind about the trip to Saturn. I think the basis of the event is based on some thoughts I was having a few months ago. It was when I was still thinking Mars was in my future instead of actually in my past. I was having thoughts of a problem with my spacecraft and I was not going to make it back to Earth because I was going to run out of oxygen sometime between the time I left Mars to return to Earth. I was thinking that the situation was so hopeless by the time I got to Mars that ground control and I weren’t even talking that much anymore. But on Mars, I figured out how to extract oxygen from the ice and I was able to replenish my tanks. Over the past few days, I keep thinking about that scene from “The Abyss” where he is diving to find that nuclear bomb and disarm it. My thoughts suggest that some micro-meteroids hit my ship, not unlike in “Mission To Mars,” while I was outbound to intercept the comet that threatened the inner planets. I fixed the leak, reminiscent of me helping George Campbell fix a cooling system component of the search radar but which kept leaking for a long time because the welder couldn’t get the hole patched, but I lost a lot of oxygen before I got it fixed. Ground control told me to turn around and they had an alternate plan to try again. I rejected that plan because I was already out there and with that comet getting closer every day, there was no guarantee that a second attempt would fare any better. I might have told them that I was lucky to even have any oxygen left at that point and what if on the second trip, something even worse happens. They brought in my family, reminiscent of the scenes from “The Abyss” and “Deep Impact” to say goodbye and even to try to talk me into returning but I wasn’t coming back. I have thoughts that I even disabled the electronics that would allow ground control to automatically control the ship.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/14/07 12:47 AM
I've not yet latched onto the dates I was on the Saturn moon Phoebe. But I have written, I think, that it was 6/7/76 through 6/9/76. The 6/7/76 makes sense with everything considered. The 6/9/76 could make sense because it is 3 weeks, 3 days, before 7/3/76, although I don't find that as interesting as I would like to.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/14/07 12:58 AM
Every single, trivial detail represents something else.

It takes every ounce, although I'm exaggerating, of strength to resist the urge to not beat the crap out of zombies that hassle me. They hassle me simply by being zombies. I see them every where I go outside.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/14/06 1:06 AM
It's hard to believe I spent a year in that homeless shelter in Pioneer Square. There was nothing symbolic about that. That was pure victim of terrorism. A year in Pioneer Square the victim of terrorism.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/14/07 1:17 AM
300 days I was in the Pioneer Square homeless shelter.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 January 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/14/07 8:09 PM
The date I think I landed on Phoebe at Saturn, was 6/7/76, a Monday. I am thinking that by that time, after leaving Mars, we thought I was on a one-way trip.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/foreigner/long+long+way+from+home_20054849.html

It was a monday
A day like any other day
I left a small town
For the apple in decay

It was my destiny
Its what we needed to do
They were telling me
Im telling you

I was inside looking outside
The millions of faces
But still Im alone
Waiting, hours of waiting
Paying a penance
I was longing for home

Im looking out for the two of us
I hope well be here when theyre through with us

I was inside looking outside
Oh the millions of faces
But still Im alone
Waiting, hours of waiting
I could feel the tension
I was longing for home

Im looking out for the two of us
And I hope well be here when theyre through with us
Im coming home

Monday, sad, sad monday
Shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home

Sad, sad monday
Shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home

Sad, sad monday
Oh shes waiting for me
But Im a long, long way from home


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046280/taglines

IMDb


Scared Stiff (1953)

Taglines

They're making a spook-tacle of themselves!










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=dead-like-me&episode=s01e05

Springfield! Springfield!


Dead Like Me

s01e05


And in that instant I invented Millie.
- I had no idea.
- Neither did I.
OK, back to work.
We'll have to save this for a latte one of these mornings.
Millie.
Have you ever kept a scrapbook? Uh No.
- You all know Millie? - Hi, Millie.
- Hi, Millie.
- Hi.
She's getting her feet wet with the whole Excel system.
- We all know how that can be.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/professor

Dictionary.com


professor

a teacher of the highest academic rank in a college or university, who has been awarded the title Professor in a particular branch of learning; a full professor

the principal lecturer or teacher in a field of learning at a university or college; a holder of a university chair










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/28/2006 4:13 PM


Some dumbass at Microsoft even said something like that to me at work one day. We were in some training class, I can’t remember the name of it, the instructor had used me to demonstrate something about not giving in to a salesperson or something where I was the person who was non-committal. Then we broke up into groups of three to practice and this one guy said something about making breakfast in bed for me. Earlier, another guy was telling me that he had been an Apache helicopter pilot.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 October 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:55 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 25 February 2016