Sunday, June 19, 2016

"And all of a sudden, there were five new ones like this one."




I know I wrote before in my journal about something I cannot now find a reference for.

I wrote about one morning I was driving to Ashdown High School in my red 1967 Ford pickup.

I was traveling from home towards Ashdown and the shifting rod linkage locked up again.

I had to pull off on the side of the road to pull up the hood and yank on the linkage to free the shifter of that manual transmission.

Just as I cleared the jammed linkage, the truck began rolling forward.

The truck pushed me straight back into that fence and I had enough time to start to feel concerned. And in the briefest moment insight gained of just how large is that truck.

Then it plowed into me and jammed me against that fence gate and that was when I really started to feel concerned.

In only a moment though the latch popped on that gate after I was rammed against it and the truck stopped rolling and I was standing there in that field thinking of just how lucky I was the truck hadn't killed me.

I know I wrote before about that but I cannot find any references in my journal.













https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7079407,-94.1239412,3a,75y,128.15h,93.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s512UNx2dWRVpvPGKeinhDQ!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Google Maps


Hicks Rd

Ashdown, Arkansas










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/07 10:18 PM
We almost didn't go anywhere on that camping trip though. I was at Anthony Bowman's house and backing out of his driveway when my brakes locked up. It must have been that day when another person with us, one of the chaperone's, explained that it was a problem with the master cylinder. He showed me how to fix it temporarily and I don't think I ever it got it permanently fixed. The problem was that when the weather was really hot, the pressure would build up in the hydraulic lines and cause the brakes to lock. The temporary solution was to bleed off the pressure by using a wrench to loosen a fitting on the side of the master cylinder while pushing the brake pedal down to the floor. At first, it required two people, but since the master cylinder was on the left side of the engine compartment side of the firewall, I could raise the hood and then get back in that cab and stand on the brake pedal while loosening the fitting on master cylinder under the hood. I have also written about how the shifting rod would lock up sometimes


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 January 2007 excerpt ends]










From 1/13/2007 To 6/19/2016 is 3445 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA ) To 4/9/1975 ( Gerald Ford - Remarks to Participants in the National Explorer Presidents' Congress of the Boy Scouts of America ) is 3445 days










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie5.html

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)


[Earth - forest]

CHEKOV: Admit it. We're lost.

SULU: All right, we're lost. But we're making good time.

UHURA (on communicator): Commander Sulu, come in please.

SULU: I don't believe this. Commander Sulu here.

[Enterprise-A bridge]

UHURA: Bad news, gentlemen. Shore leave is cancelled.

[Earth - forest]

CHEKOV: Rescued at last.

UHURA (on communicator): Return to the prearranged coordinates for pickup.

CHEKOV: You can't tell them we're lost. We'd never live it down.

[Enterprise-A bridge]

UHURA: Is there a problem, gentlemen?

[Earth - forest]

SULU: Er, ...yes. Er... We've been caught in a blizzard!

CHEKOV: Shhhh, Shhhh, and we can't see a thing. Request you direct us to the co-ordinates.

[Enterprise-A bridge]

UHURA: My visual says ...sunny skies and seventy degrees.

CHEKOV: Sulu! Look! The sun's come out! It's a miracle!

UHURA (on intercom): Don't worry, fellas. Your secret's safe with me. I'll send the shuttlecraft to pick you up.

SULU: Uhura, I owe you one.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb


Gremlins (1984)

Quotes


Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: Gremlins...

Murry Futterman, Billy's neighbor: You got-you gotta watch out for them forgeiners cuz they plant gremlins in their machinery.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=gremlins

Springfield! Springfield!


Gremlins (1984)


Gremlins!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:26 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 19 June 2016