Saturday, June 18, 2016

Not by choice.























today.jpg










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/krusty-gets-kancelled-1366/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 4 Episode 22

Krusty Gets Kancelled

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 13, 1993 on FOX

Quotes


Krusty: Now boys, the network has a problem with some of your lyrics. Do you mind changing them for the show?

Anthony: Forget you, clown.

Chad: Yeah, our lyrics are like our children, man. No way.

Krusty: Well okay, but here where it says, "What I got you gotta get and put it in ya," how about just, "What I'd like is I'd like to hug and kiss ya."

Flea: Wow. That's much better.

Arik: Everyone can enjoy that.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 6:47 AM Thursday, May 31, 2007 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2007/05/this-is-your-trial-before-trial.html


http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_doors/break_on_through_to_the_other_side.html

THE DOORS lyrics

"Break On Through (To The Other Side)"

You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run
Tried to hide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side, yeah


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 May 2007 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


FLASHBACK. Colonel Young is in his kitchen with his wife.

EMILY (sarcastically): Well, it's always just one more year.

YOUNG: It's a command.

EMILY: Where?

YOUNG: Well, it's a lot safer than other tours I've done.

EMILY: You've put your time in, Everett.

YOUNG: When this tour's over, I promise ...

EMILY (interrupting): You know what? (She glares at him for a moment, then looks away.) Never mind. Don't bother. You always end up choosing somewhere other than here.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/104.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

DARKNESS

EPISODE NUMBER - 104

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.16.09


YOUNG RESIDENCE. The colonel is sitting in the living room while Emily stands nearby. He has apparently just explained the whole situation to her.

EMILY: It's just - it's ridiculous.

YOUNG: It's true.

EMILY: Let's say that it is. Why? Why are you putting me through this?

YOUNG: Because I-I wanted to say ...

(He gazes at her as she looks back at him, waiting. Eventually he lowers his head. She turns away, sighing.)

YOUNG: I'm sorry. I didn't choose my job over you.

EMILY: It wasn't just about the job.

YOUNG: I know.

(Realising there's nothing more he can say, he starts to walk away, but then turns back to her.)

YOUNG: I love you.

(He walks out the front door, leaving Emily confused and unhappy.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/krusty-gets-kancelled-1366/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 4 Episode 22

Krusty Gets Kancelled

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 13, 1993 on FOX

Quotes


Bette Midler: Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be.

Krusty: You can fly higher than an eagle.

Bette/Krusty: Cause you/I are/am the wind beneath my/your wings.










http://www.azlyrics.com/m/modestmouse.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

album: "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" (2004)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/theworldatlarge.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"The World At Large"

Ice-age heat wave, can't complain.
If the world's at large, why should I remain?
Walked away to another plan.
Gonna find another place, maybe one I can stand.
I move on to another day,
to a whole new town with a whole new way.
Went to the porch to have a thought.
Got to the door and again, I couldn't stop.
You don't know where and you don't know when.
But you still got your words and you got your friends.
Walk along to another day.
Work a little harder, work another way.

Well uh-uh baby I ain't got no plan.
We'll float on maybe would you understand?
Gonna float on maybe would you understand?
Well float on maybe would you understand?

The days get shorter and the nights get cold.
I like the autumn but this place is getting old.
I pack up my belongings and I head for the coast.
It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most.
The days get longer and the nights smell green.
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

I like songs about drifters - books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.
Walked on off to another spot.
I still haven't gotten anywhere that I want.
Did I want love? Did I need to know?
Why does it always feel like I'm caught in an undertow?

The moths beat themselves to death against the lights.
Adding their breeze to the summer nights.
Outside, water like air was great.
I didn't know what I had that day.
Walk a little farther to another plan.
You said that you did, but you didn't understand.

I know that starting over is not what life's about.
But my thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/174.htm

The Best of Both Worlds, Part One [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 43989.1

Original Airdate: Jun 18, 1990


[Borg ship]

(Borg approach the away team. They shoot at least two each)

SHELBY: Shelby to Enterprise. Encountering resistance. Prepare to beam us back on my signal.

(The next wave of Borg are shielded)

SHELBY: They're adapting to the frequencies.

(We see a familiar profile)

CRUSHER: Jean-Luc!

(He turns to face us, and a red laser attachment stares us in the eye)

WORF: Captain!

(Worf approaches Picard, but a forcefield knocks him down)

SHELBY: Enterprise, get us out of here.

[Bridge]

(The away team enter)

RIKER: The Captain?

DATA: We were unable to retrieve him, sir. Sir, The Captain has been altered by the Borg.

RIKER: Altered?

WORF: He is a Borg.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:51 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 18 June 2016