Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"But somebody wouldn't let us win!"




http://www.azlyrics.com/m/modestmouse.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

album: "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" (2004)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/theworldatlarge.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"The World At Large"

Ice-age heat wave, can't complain.
If the world's at large, why should I remain?
Walked away to another plan.
Gonna find another place, maybe one I can stand.
I move on to another day,
to a whole new town with a whole new way.
Went to the porch to have a thought.
Got to the door and again, I couldn't stop.
You don't know where and you don't know when.
But you still got your words and you got your friends.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/250.htm

Second Chances [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 46915.2

Original Airdate: 24 May, 1993


[Lt. Riker's quarters]

RIKER 2: Come in.

TROI: I hear the Gandhi's going on a terraforming mission to the Lagana Sector.

RIKER 2: That's right. It'll take us four months just to get there.

TROI: I won't be joining you.

RIKER 2: I guess I'm not surprised to hear that.

TROI: I'm just not ready to give up my life here. Not yet.

(as they stand close together, the doorbell rings)

RIKER 2: Come in.

RIKER: I'm sorry.

RIKER 2: It's all right.

RIKER: I wanted to give you something.

RIKER: My quarters are full of things that I suppose belong to both of us. The least I could do is give you this.

(a trombone, of course)

RIKER 2: Thanks.

RIKER: Good luck, Will.

RIKER 2: I actually thought I might go with the name Thomas.

TROI: Your middle name.

RIKER: I guess we really are different. I never really cared for that name.

RIKER 2: Well, I sort of like it. I guess I'd better get going.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:20 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 13 April 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/04/twenty-ten.html


From 8/9/1974 ( Richard Nixon surrenders and abandons his illegal presence in the United States of America federal White House ) To 9/13/1993 is 6975 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/7/1984 ( premiere US film "2010" ) is 6975 days


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 April 2016 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:20 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 13 April 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/04/twenty-ten.html


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=47068

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks at a Dinner Honoring Former Presidents

September 13, 1993

Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. The microphone's not on, so I'll just speak.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 April 2016 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s02e14

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Principal Charming


Skinner cries, then sees the graffiti on the `Springfield Elementary' sign: ``Bart Simpson, Owner and Propriator


Oh, Springfield Elementary! I will have you back again.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=2001-a-space-odyssey

Springfield! Springfield!


2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)


What sort of trouble are
you having?
I've been getting some
interference in D-channel.
We'll have a look at it.
Open the door, Hal.
Rotate pod, please, Hal.
Stop pod rotation, please, Hal.
Rotate the pod, please, Hal.
Rotate the pod, please, Hal.










http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/yates/guy_8.html


crimelibrary


Robert Lee Yates Jr.

BY Gary C. King

Aviator, Husband, Father, Ordinary Guy

The father of four daughters and a son, Robert Yates Jr. led a relatively ordinary and unremarkable life that was characterized by exemplary military service. Yates grew up on Whidbey Island, Washington, where his mother died while he was still in high school. Records show that he was allegedly repeatedly sexually abused by an older neighbor boy when he was approximately six-years-old, and it isn't clear whether he received psychiatric help or counseling.





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57241

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope

March 12, 1999


We're not far from the site of the old sawmill where my grandfather worked as a night watchman and where, as a little boy, I used to go and spend the night with him, climbing the sawdust pile, and sleep in the back seat of his car. We're just minutes—I just drove by it— from the place on which his little grocery store stood, where I used to look up at the countertop and wish I could reach the jar of Jackson's cookies.










http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/speeches/rendezvous.asp

October 27, 1964

As for the peace that we would preserve, I wonder who among us would like to approach the wife or mother whose husband or son has died in South Vietnam and ask them if they think this is a peace that should be maintained indefinitely. Do they mean peace, or do they mean we just want to be left in peace? There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We are at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it has been said if we lose that war, and in doing so lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:24 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 22 June 2016