Monday, June 13, 2016

"And when that happens, I think I'll tell the others exactly where you are"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:02 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 21 June 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/06/mr-denton-on-doomsday.html


Mr. Denton on Doomsday



I have referenced before that 1959 episode of "The Twilight Zone" titled "Mr. Denton on Doomsday" but only today am I watching the episode. On tv.com they have a link to view the episode for free (as free as anything is on the internet) on hulu.com and I am watching it today and nothing is familiar about it, suggesting I have never watched it before.

The reason this all seems compelling is the scene just before Rod Serling appears the first time and narrates his opening dialog.

"Denton" is crawling around in the dirt in the roadway in front of the saloon and he runs over to pick up the broken bottle of whisky thrown there by his agitator.

So that's compelling to me because the only alcohol I consume is in a bottle of beer.

I stopped drinking beer about three months ago. I haven't had any form of alcohol in about three months, maybe just over three months now, not really certain the last day I drank beer.

On the last day I was drinking beer I was thinking about how I was going to stop drinking beer after that day.

For the first time I can ever recall, as I was using a bottle opener to open another bottle of Corona Extra beer, a small portion of the top of the bottle broke off along with the bottle cap. I didn't give it much thought and it wasn't that big a piece of glass but it was big enough to catch my attention and as best I recall now it was a circular piece of broken glass that came off with the bottle cap.

I took a drink of the beer bottle anyway and it cut my lip. My lip was actually bleeding but it was very minor and although I could still feel it the next day there was only a small amount of blood.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 June 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:02 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 21 June 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/06/mr-denton-on-doomsday.html


http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


INT—ATLANTIS BRIG

[The Wraith prisoner is inside the cell. Bates stands outside the bars, guarding him. Sheppard arrives.]

SHEPPARD
Anything I should know about, Sergeant?

BATES
No, sir. He's been quiet.

SHEPPARD
He's still trying to make you see things?

BATES
He's given up on that.

SHEPPARD
I didn't think he'd last this long.

[Sheppard approaches the cell.]

WRAITH
Hello again, Major Sheppard.

SHEPPARD
Sorry if I woke you. Just came by to see if there's anything you needed. Magazine, fresh towels…

WRAITH
You hide your fear poorly, Major.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 June 2013 excerpt ends]































http://listverse.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Cyanide-e1354422204597.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:02 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 21 June 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/06/mr-denton-on-doomsday.html


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734592/trivia?tab=qt

IMDb


"Twilight Zone"

Mr. Denton on Doomsday (TV episode 1959)

Quotes


Narrator: [Closing Narration] Mr. Henry Fate, dealer in utensils and pots and pans, liniments and potions. A fanciful little man in a black, frock coat, who can help a man climbing out of a pit - or another man from falling into one. Because, you see, Fate can work that way - in The Twilight Zone.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 June 2013 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:49 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 13 June 2016