Saturday, June 18, 2016

"You get away from me. You get away from me."




For several years now every time I hear this song I think back to the year 2004.

The time was 27 June 2004.

I know that precise date because I had just turned the corner to the final section of the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon course.

Presumably that was within ten minutes that late night of my finish time and I finished the course about 11:20 PM and just before the established time limit of 17 hours I had agreed to with my first arm stroke in the 2.4 mile swim in Lake Coeur d'Alene followed by a picturesque bicycle course of 112 miles.

So anyway, on the 3rd course as I turned the final corner jogging and walking I recall that a waste bin caught my eye, because there was so much clutter around it, and I impulsively reached into my waist belt, as I recall now, and tossed out towards that waste bin the most recent hydration container from the most recent aid station I had walked though. I remember that because as I turned that last corner, which I might try to find again on the map, unless I pass out in the next few minutes, there was a person with a video camera and after I tossed my bottle in the direction of that waste basket clutter that guy with the video camera exclaimed "You missed". I continued down, what I think was Sherman Avenue, to the finish line and slapped a lot of hands as I approached the finish line.

I wanted to finish that finish line a hundred more times.

I still do. I still think about that just about every day. I haven't even believed I could even try since then.










http://www.azlyrics.com/m/modestmouse.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

album: "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" (2004)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/oceanbreathessalty.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"Ocean Breathes Salty"

Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so.

Well that is that and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me. You get away from me.
Collected my belongings and I left the jail.
Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell.
I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile.

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both grow old.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I hope so.

Well that is that and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me. You get away from me.
Collected my belongings and I left the jail.
Well thanks for the time, I needed to think a spell.
I had to think awhile. I had to think awhile.

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,
when the ocean met the sky.
[(You missed)]
You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.
[(You missed)]
When the earth folded in on itself.
[(You missed)]
And said "Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell
[(You missed)]
are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath."
[(You missed)]
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?
[(You missed)]
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
The more we move ahead the more we're stuck in rewind.
Well I don't mind. I don't mind. How the hell could I mind?

Well that is that and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me. You get away from me.

Well that is that and this is this.
Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed,
when the ocean met the sky.
[(You missed)]
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:05 PM Monday, April 11, 2011


I know I wrote somewhere what that woman said to me in 2004 but damned if I can find it now. She was one of two women who were volunteers at the 27 June 2004 Ironman triathlon in Coeur d'Alene Idaho who were apparently there to wait for Ironman triathlon finishers, such as myself, to cross the finish line of that 2.4 mile swim course and 112 mile bicycle course and 26.2 mile running course. When I crossed the finish line of that course about 11:20 PM that evening after the 7:00 AM start those two women walked me out of the finish area and pointed out to me a tent where finishers could go to get food and rest. I remember several days later I looked back at the video that the racketeering Ironman corporation had posted on their racketeering internet website for a while and the video showed me running across the finish line and those two women came over to meet me and that one woman put here hand on my chest and then she said something about how she knew "I didn't want to be here." Or she said "there." I cannot recall. I told her I did want to be there. I wondered about that for a long time because I did not understand why she would say that to me. That comment seemed abnormal. I thought I wrote that in my journal somewhere but I cannot find it right now and am going to search for it later so I can make this post sooner rather than later. I just watched this 1991 film on the Comcast cable television service On Demand under the free movies section and I am Blogging While Intoxicated.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 April 2011 excerpt ends]













https://www.google.com/maps/@47.6734073,-116.7783258,3a,75y,286.93h,81.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skWD8FNfU3mZSksbnPL3Kxw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


Sherman Ave

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho










http://www.tv.com/shows/ncis-new-orleans/collateral-damage-3367426/trivia/

tv.com


NCIS: New Orleans Season 2 Episode 21

Collateral Damage

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 19, 2016 on CBS

Quotes


LaSalle: Yeah, what's that I see on your hand? A '21 and Legal' stamp? Since when do you go clubbing?

Brody: Since awhile. Maybe you don't know me as well as you think.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=ncis-new-orleans-2014&episode=s02e21

Springfield! Springfield!


NCIS New Orleans

Collateral Damage


The general's nomination's been put on indefinite hold.
I thought the Army wasn't pressing charges.
They aren't.
Someone leaked the general's predicament to the press.
Dead girl in general's hotel.
It's a real three-star scandal.
None of it's true.
It doesn't matter.
Matthews is done.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:29 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 18 June 2016