Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Winning




1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" DVD video:

00:44:54


Jake Grafton: Uh, I saw the duty roster out here, and they've got us paired up. Looks like you're going to be my new BN. I thought we may have a chance to visit for a minute.

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: What do you got on your mind?

Jake Grafton: Well, actually, sir, I got the word that this is your third tour, and I was - I was curious. What makes a man come back for the third time?

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: I like to fight.

Jake Grafton: Have you had a lot of pilots?

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: Oh, four or five. I'm kind of hard on pilots.

Jake Grafton: Have, uh, you ever been up north?

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: Sure. In the old days, that's where the war was.

Jake Grafton: Boy, I bet - I bet there was something up there that really made the trip worthwhile back then, huh? I mean, I figure a guy like you ought to know, huh?

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: There was a lot up there worth it. You know that. SAMs are the scene here, man. SAM sites are the most righteous targets we got. You ever fly Ironhand?

Jake Grafton: No. No, no. No, not me. I - I don't let them shoot rockets at me for sport.

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: You get to kill them. It's gratifying.

Jake Grafton: Yeah, but I bet it's not as gratifying as what was up north, huh?

Virgil 'Tiger' Cole: I get your drift. Don't even think about it.










1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" DVD video:

01:07:01


US Navy Commander "Cowboy" Parker - USS Independence CV 62 air squadron Executive Officer: Hey, man, what are you doing up? You should be in the sack. You got an alpha strike tomorrow.

US Navy lieutenant Jake "Cool Hand" Grafton - USS Independence CV 62 US Navy A-6 Intruder pilot: Oh, I couldn't sleep. I'm walking it off.

Parker: Watch out, skipper's on the prowl. Shitter posted a strike. Said he's going to piss. That doubles his capabilities. It's getting very dangerous. He could hit anywhere.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:59 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 15 June 2016