Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Bill Clinton The Big Limpowsky




"The DUD abides."










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:05 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 24 May 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/05/charleston.html


Charleston



This scene from the 1986 film clearly reminds me of a clear memory I have of the year 1990.

The memory is of what must have been my last assignment in the United States Navy as a petty officer.

I was at the Charleston Naval Station in Charleston South Carolina and waiting for my honorable discharge proceedings, in March 1990 because I had a lot of leave time saved up and I was being discharged on what they called 'separation leave' meaning that I was using my vacation days to leave early before my official discharge date


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 May 2015 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=53616

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Senator Patty Murray in Medina, Washington

November 22, 1997

Thank you very much, Senator. Thank you, Lori, and thank you for the convictions you expressed in your remarks. And I want to thank you and Lars for opening your home, and I want to thank your children for the wonderful gifts they gave me from their classes.

Mayor Rice, Mayor-elect Schell, Congressmen Dicks and McDermott and Smith; candidates Brian Baird and Greta Cammermyer; and ladies and gentlemen. I want to say most of all, thank you for being here for Patty Murray. We have representatives of great companies here, Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks, and others. We have representatives of labor here. We have educators here. We have Native Americans here. We've got small-business people. We have all different kinds of folks that make up Washington State's future and America's future. And I want to thank the first lady of Washington for being here. It's my understanding that there's a good chance that Gary Locke now has a sterling opportunity to become the first American President of China as a result of his—[laughter].

I also want to say Congressman Dicks is an incredibly graceful loser tonight. [Laughter] You were great, but those of us who know you know that you hated every minute of that—[laughter]—which is one of the reasons you are such a good Representative of your people. [Laughter]










http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-atm-opens-for-business

HISTORY


THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Sep 2, 1969:

First ATM opens for business

On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Center, New York.










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/BABF05.txt

Take My Wife, Sleaze [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 28-Nov-1999


% Jay North, who played "Dennis the Menace" on TV, sits in a booth to
% greet his fans.

Bart: Dennis the Menace?

North: Yes, I was America's bad boy. I once hid my dad's hat. [laughs]

Bart: Uh-huh.

North: And another time, I accidentally stepped in Mr. Wilson's flower bed. That was a two-part episode.










http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-103566015.html

HighBeam

RESEARCH

Articles > Reference > News Wires, White Papers, and Books > Banking Wire news wires > June 2003

Article: From Guy Waiting In Line To ATM's 30th Bday.

Article from: Banking Wire Article date: June 18, 2003

The automatic teller machine (ATM) has just turned 30.

On June 4, 1973, a trio of inventors-Don Wetzel, Tom Barnes and George Chastain-were granted a patent on the machine, the idea for which is largely credited to Wetzel even though there were attempts as early as 1939 to develop such an "automatic teller."










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/hathor-7332/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 1 Episode 14

Hathor

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 24, 1997 on Syfy

The ancient Egyptian goddess and Goa'uld, Hathor, is awakened and immediately takes over SGC and all of its men.

AIRED: 10/24/97



http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/transcripts/113.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE SG-1

HATHOR

EPISODE NUMBER - 113

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.24.97


CARTER: Okay, here's what we know. This creature who calls herself Hathor is admittedly a Goa'uld or some form of Goa'uld. So she has who knows what kinds of weapons or defences. That means it might take a lot of firepower to neutralise her and we need to come at her from multiple flanks. [She hands a gun to Janet] You know how to use this don't you?

FRAISER: Well yeah, I had some training, but I haven't touched one of these things in years.

CARTER: Well don't worry, all you do is point and pull the trigger and be careful not to hurt any of our own men. They're all pretty loopy right now so they shouldn't be a problem.

TEAL'C: Captain Carter.

All the women turn and raise their weapons.

TEAL'C: We must speak of Hathor.

CARTER: Keep your hands where I can see them Teal'c.

TEAL'C: Do you not trust me, Captain Carter?

CARTER: All the men on this base are under Hathor's control, from what I can tell. And I hate to break it to you Teal'c, but you are male.

TEAL'C: I am a jaffa. The Goa'uld I carry within me protects me from Hathor's powers. It is only together that we may stop her.

CARTER: From doing what exactly?

TEAL'C: It is legend among the jaffa that the original Goa'uld larva come from the queen Goa'uld's.

CARTER: And you think Hathor's one of them?

TEAL'C: Yes. If I am correct, this base will become her nest. From here she will populate your world with new Goa'uld.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:00 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 24 August 2016