Sunday, August 21, 2016

Data Storage




http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)


KIRK: The Kolinahr is also the discipline you broke ...to join us. Will you, please, ...sit down!

SPOCK: On Vulcan I began sensing a consciousness of a force more powerful than I have ever encountered. Thought patterns of exactingly perfect order. I believe they emanate from the intruder. I believe it may hold my answers.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: December 22, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/22/06 8:25 AM
I had, what seemed to be, extensive dreams last night about my first day at the U.S. Naval Academy. There is a lot that I feel I have forgotten about that dream but what I do remember is what seems to be my first day. I was with a large group of other Midshipman and we were meeting with someone, but I can’t remember the proper terminology for his role. After I had been awake for a while, I thought of that dream in terms of a “memory” that I have, that seems to be reality, of when I got out of boot camp in 1984. In the dream, I was the first one into the room and I said something about how I was the valedictorian as well as something else. I can’t remember what was that second detail. I am also wondering whether I graduated as valedictorian and that was some kind of clue about the future or whether I was talking about Princeton. There was also something in the dream about me being selected from that class as Midshipman Ensign and that might have been the second detail.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/22/06 10:39 AM
“Sensory memory.” That is a very interesting combination of words.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 December 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/30/08 3:46 AM


That might be the part where I left the elevator as soon as the door opened and after it closed, I realized I was on the wrong floor. It seems I was on the 10th floor and I was trying to get to the 3rd floor.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 December 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:05 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Tuesday 14 May 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/freaked-out-ncis-tuesday-14-may-2013.html


Freaked-Out NCIS Tuesday - 14 May 2013



About 5:30 AM I awoke from a sleeping dream I have been thinking of since then. I had a lot of other sleeping dreams that I was thinking about but those are all gone now from my conscious awareness despite how important they seemed at the time.

I began to check information online almost immediately after waking up.

I was specifically looking for May 14 1952 but I had no idea what I would find, if anything.

One scene I remember from that sleeping dream a short while ago was riding in a car, snow-covered interstate highway, nothing familiar I think after waking up.

Riding with two other people on vehicle that wasn't visualized in dream. Descending steep slope of loose and fine gravel. That wasn't the route intended at first and the driver was insistent and I finally told him to take the route. He might have followed the route regardless.

Then the scene with the FBI guy. He was thoroughly checking my identification but there was nothing wrong about me. Then we were on an elevator. The FBI guy and another guy that I was apparently traveling with when the FBI guy was checking our identification. The three of us rode the elevator to the 52nd floor. Then there was the element about that being the wrong floor. The FBI has taken off his shirt and that is strange and I had stepped off the elevator but the elevator was not going anywhere and that seemed to be because the FBI guy couldn't get his shirt back on. I vaguely recall something else about the people on the 52nd floor standing around but that is vague and somewhere around that point is where I awoke and the dream ended and I got out of bed to take some aspirin and then to boot up my internet-connected computer to research certain details because I couldn't go back to sleep despite how I am not getting enough sleep.

I decided to post this note because today is Freaked-Out NCIS Tuesday. I didn't even know today a new episode will broadcast. I watched last weeks new episodes but I didn't watch the prior episodes. Until about 5:45 AM today I was thinking last weeks new episodes, which I didn't pay much attention to, were the season finale episodes, but nope, there are new episodes today. Not sure if I will watch them though, need sleep.





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0126154/bio

IMDb


Biography for

David Byrne

Date of Birth

14 May 1952, Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, UK





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/talkingheads/lifeduringwartime.html


TALKING HEADS


"Life During Wartime"


This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
this ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey,
I ain't got time for that now

Transmit the message, to the receiver,
hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, a couple of visas,
you don't even know my real name


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 May 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)


KIRK: Any thought patterns you might sense, ...whether they appear to affect you personally or not, I expect to be immediately reported.

SPOCK: Of course, Captain. Is there anything else?

KIRK: No.

McCOY: Jim, ...if this super-intelligence is as important to him as he says, how do we know?

KIRK: That he wouldn't put his interests ahead of the ship's. I could never believe that.

McCOY: How do we know about any of us?

UHURA (on intercom): Bridge to Officer's lounge, Captain Kirk. Revised estimate on Cloud visual contact, three point seven minutes.

KIRK: On my way.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/02/07 4:37 PM
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071102/D8SLPKOG1.html

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A comet that has unexpectedly brightened in the past couple of weeks and now is visible to the naked eye is attracting professional and amateur interest.

Paul Lewis, director of astronomy outreach at the University of Tennessee, is drawing students to the roof of Nielsen Physics Building for special viewings of Comet 17P/Holmes.

The comet is exploding and its coma, a cloud of gas and dust illuminated by the sun, has grown to be bigger than the planet Jupiter. The comet lacks the tail usually associated with such celestial bodies but can be seen in the northern sky, in the constellation Perseus, as a fuzzy spot of light about as bright as the stars in the Big Dipper.

"This is truly a celestial surprise," Lewis said. "Absolutely amazing."

Until Oct. 23, the comet had been visible to modern astronomers only with a telescope, but that night it suddenly erupted and expanded.

A similar burst in 1892 led to the comet's discovery by Edwin Holmes.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime event to witness, along the lines of when Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 smashed into Jupiter back in 1994," Lewis said.

Scientists speculate the comet has exploded because there are sinkholes in its nucleus, giving it a honeycomb-like structure. The collapse exposed comet ice to the sun, which transformed the ice into gas.

"What comets do when they are near the sun is very unpredictable," Lewis said. "We expect to see a coma cloud and a tail, but this is more like an explosion, and we are seeing the bubble of gas and dust as it expands away from the center of the blast."

Experts aren't sure how long the comet's show will last, but estimate it could be weeks - if not months. Using a telescope or binoculars help bring the comet's details into view, they said.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 November 2007 excerpt ends]










From 3/25/1949 ( premiere US film "A Kiss in the Dark" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 15331 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/24/2007 is 15331 days



From 8/18/1979 ( Jimmy Carter - Minnesota City, Minnesota Informal Exchange With Reporters at the Docking Site of the Delta Queen ) To 10/24/2007 is 10294 days

10294 = 5147 + 5147

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/6/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5147 days





http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap071026.html

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Discover the cosmos! Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.

2007 October 26

Comet Holmes in Outburst

Explanation: Comet 17P/Holmes stunned comet watchers across planet Earth earlier this week. On October 24, it increased in brightness over half a million times in a matter of hours.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: October 24, 2007

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/24/07 5:47 AM
I had a dream with a short sequence in it where I was having trouble breathing. There was something about my throat closing up and I was going to pass out very quickly. I don't know if it was part of the dream or if it was something I was thinking of as I woke up briefly after that part of the dream, but thoughts were occurring to me that the problem was that I had been hit with some kind of chemical weapon. There is a chemical weapon that causes muscles to lock up but I can't remember off-hand which one it is. Then thoughts occurred to me that I was remembering when the Libyan's were strangling me with a rope around my neck until I passed out. I am convinced that actually happened to me in 1986. Maybe it happened in the Hanoi Hilton, too, along with other torture, such as having my shoulders dislocated.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 October 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)


KIRK: Bones! We need him. I need him.

SPOCK: Then my presence is to our mutual advantage.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:14 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 21 August 2016