Friday, August 26, 2016

October 1993






greer-09December1992.jpg



http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/slid/16489

South Carolina Free Public Records Directory


South Carolina Public Records > Spartanburg County > Recorded Document Search










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


wasn't July 2nd the date Tracie and I got married? What year was that? Was it 1994? Or was it 1993?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


No it was 1993. We lived together for 6 months. She moved back to her parents on MLK Day. Wasn't that area her parents lived called "6 Mile"? It snowed that day. I still had that house in Greer Country Club Estates. That was January 1994.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=courage-under-fire

Springfield! Springfield!


Courage Under Fire (1996)


- (Nat) Yes, this is the Serling residence.
- (Mer) Were nothing right now...
- But at the tone, leave a message and...
- (kids) Well call you when we get home.
(laughter)
(beep)










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=courage-under-fire

Springfield! Springfield!


Courage Under Fire (1996)


You've been out here 20 minutes
since I spotted you.
- How much longer before that?
- 15.
I see you, uh...
..got the new refrigerator.
Do you think the kids will understand
why their daddy is out here in a Chevy...
..instead of playing with them
in the front yard?
Or at Fort Hood,
like you told me you were?
Are you back?
I'm in transit.
You know, Nat, it took me a long time...
..to figure out how to be an Army wife
without obliterating myself.
It wasn't easy, but I did it.
I know you did, Mer.
So it wouldn't be a hardship for me...
..to learn how not to be an Army wife...
..if my husband wasn't in the Army any more.
The Army's my life, Mer.
And so are we.
You don't have to figure it all out, Nat.
You just have to admit that you can't.
You have to want to be here with us,...
..that's all.
Well be here.
For a while.
Now go away.
If you're not going to stay,
I don't want the kids to see you.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/15/2006 9:20 PM
Consistent with that theory I wrote earlier today about Mogge is a detail I just noticed on the map. I ran into Mogge after I got out of the Navy because he and his wife Andrea had moved into the Clemson, SC, area. I was working in a First Federal bank branch in Seneca, SC, to repair a computer on the drive-through teller line. I can’t remember that girl’s name that I was repairing the computer for but I remember her last name was Edgar. We went out a few times right before I started dating Tracie Rhodes. So anyway, I was standing there at the drive-through window and I saw Mark and Andrea in their pickup outside looking in at me. I went out there to talk them after they pulled into the parking lot. I remember I was driving my Plymouth Voyager [ correction: Plymouth Laser ] car. I think Mogge had a small red pickup. Since I was driving that Voyager, that means it was after I had returned from Memphis and I must have been living in nearby Central, SC, at the time. So anyway, as I used to drive out there to Seneca a lot, it was the extreme western edge of my territory, I always referred to that road as Highway 123. I remember that branch was right next to that road, and on the map, it is also labeled as Highway 76.

I lived very close to Clemson University and traveled into Clemson often to service the bank branches in that town. I have been trying to think of why that was and I guess it could be because of the Tigers. I suspect though that the primary reason for me being there was because I lived in Central. After that, I bought that house in Greer, SC, at Country Club Estates


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/16.htm

The Menagerie, part 1 [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate:3012.4

Original Airdate: 17 Nov, 1966


[Pike's quarters]

BOYCE [OC}: Boyce here.

PIKE: Drop by my cabin, Doctor. (Boyce enters with bag) What's that? I didn't say there's anything wrong with me.

BOYCE: I understand we picked up a distress signal.

PIKE: That's right. Unless we get anything more positive on it, it seems to me the condition of our own crew takes precedent. I'd like to log the ship's doctor's opinion, too.

BOYCE: Oh, I concur with yours, definitely.

PIKE: Good. I'm glad you do, because we're going to stop first at the Vega Colony and replace anybody who needs hospitalisation and also. What the devil are you putting in there, ice?

BOYCE: Who wants a warm martini?

PIKE: What makes you think I need one?

BOYCE: Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/19/07 1:55 PM
So many "memories." That time, would have been around 1975, when Thedia's little dog, Taffy, ate all the cookies we had used as Christmas tree decorations, or at least, all the ones it could reach. I "remember" the three of us laughing about that.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 January 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/19/07 10:52 PM
I have been thinking again lately about that "memory" I wrote of a while back about Christmas Eve at Tracie's parents house when she still lived there. I wonder what that means.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 January 2007 excerpt ends]










http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19950704&slug=2129653

The Seattle Times


Tuesday, July 4, 1995


U.S. Astronaut Felt Isolated Aboard Mir Space Station

By Earl Lane

Newsday

HOUSTON - In a revealing look at some of the human challenges of international space flight, NASA astronaut Norman Thagard said yesterday that he felt culturally isolated aboard the Russian space station Mir and might have found it difficult to remain in orbit much longer.

"My impression is that psychological aspects probably loom largest," Thagard said. "I think anybody can do three months or four months as I'm doing. . . . Six months and longer is a different matter entirely."

Thagard, who was in his 111th day in orbit, spoke at a news conference involving the 10 people aboard the joined Atlantis and Mir spacecraft. He said he got along fine with Mir crewmates Vladimir Dezhurov and Gennady Strekalov.

But, he added, "For the American on board a Russian space station, you are the only English speaker on board, in general. The cultural isolation is extreme. There were times when I went 72 hours without speaking to an English-speaking person. I didn't get a lot of news up here. All of those things start to weigh heavily after a while. . . . If I'd been looking at six months I would have been really worried at about three months that I wasn't going to make it."

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration needs to do more study on the interaction of crew members, Thagard said, as the United States and Russia prepare to assemble a multinational space station in orbit starting in 1997.

"It's something that NASA's still looking at, something we better look at because we propose to put people on spacecraft in relative isolation for six months or even a year," said Thagard, a physician










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/quotes

IMDb


Aliens (1986)

Quotes


Lieutenant Gorman: Any questions?

[Hudson raises his hand]

Lieutenant Gorman: What is it, Private?

Private Hudson: How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Sergeant Apone: You secure that shit, Hudson!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 08:19 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 26 August 2016