Tuesday, September 11, 2018

"All we know for sure is that they achieved complete surprise"




https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/quotes

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Quotes

Beta: You owe me one, Alex.










http://hvom.blogspot.com/2018/09/havermale-island-with-no-further-duty.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 5:55 PM

Homeless Veteran Of Microsoft

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2018

Havermale Island. WITH NO FURTHER DUTY.










2/6/2004 - my final day as a full-time employee of Microsoft Corporation










Battlestar Galactica - television miniseries premiere episode - Monday 08 December 2003 USA

(from internet transcript)

&&&
&&&

Doral: Ahh, okay gentlement, could you maybe stand a bit closer? Fantastic. Commander, could you put your arm around your son? Great, perfect. (The photographers take pictures) Okay, thank you very much. See you at the ceremony. We'll just be leaving this, through this doorway, and, and to our right...

(Adama turns his back on Apollo, walks away. Apollo goes to leave.)

Adama: You want some, ah, coffee?

Apollo: No, sir. Thank you, sir.

Adama: Why don't you sit down? (He doesn't sit down) Congratulations on making Captain. I'm sorry I wasn't there.

Apollo: Thank you, sir.

Adama: How's your mother?

Apollo: Getting married.





Adama: Good for her. We spoke about a year ago, had a real heart-to-heart, it was good.

Apollo: I'm glad to hear that, sir, will that be all?

Adama: Why don't you talk to me, Lee?

Apollo: What do you want to talk about?

Adama: About anything. You've been here for an hour.

Apollo: Well, I don't have anything to say. My orders said, report here and participate in the ceremony, so I'm, I'm here. And I'm gonna participate in the ceremony. There wasn't, wasn't anything in my orders about having any heart-to-heart chats with the old man.





Adama: Accidents happen, in the service.

Apollo: Dad, listen, I-

Adama: You know, all the things you talked to me about the last time we were together-

Apollo: I really don't want to do this.

Adama: -at the funeral, they still ring in my ears after two years.

Apollo: Good! Good. Cause you know what? They were meant to.

Adama: Zack had a choice. You both did.

Apollo: "A man isn't a man until he wears the wings of a Viper pilot." Doesn't that sound at all familiar to you?

Adama: That's not fair, son.

Apollo: No, it's not fair. Because one of us wasn't cut out to wear the uniform.

Adama: He earned his wings, just like we all do.

Apollo: One of us wasn't cut out to be a pilot, one of us wouldn't have even made it into flight school if his old man, his daddy, hadn't have pulled some strings.

Adama: That's an exaggeration. I did nothing for him that I wouldn't have done for anyone else.

Apollo: You're not even listening to me. Why can't you get this through your head? Zack did not belong in that plane. He shouldn't have been there. He was only doing it for you. Face it, you killed him.

Adama: That'll be all, Captain.

(Apollo leaves)










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/quotes

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Quotes

Centauri: Alex! Alex! You're walking away from history! *History*! Did Chris Columbus say he wanted to stay home? Nooooo. What if the Wright Brothers thought that only birds should fly? And did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?

Alex Rogan: Who's Galoka?

Centauri: [beat] Never mind.

Alex Rogan: Listen, Centauri, I'm not any of those guys. I'm a kid from a trailer park.

Centauri: If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!



- posted by Kerry Burgess 7:31 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 11 September 2018