Friday, September 21, 2018

Lot of morons out there.




To read that from an actual employee of that company is the final straw that makes me make this post.

I was thinking of this topic as I was grinding my bicycle's disc brakes as it tried to zoom away from me descending recently from Mica Peak.

The carelessness of people who should know better about terminology.

Mindlessly lazy.

In this continuing digital age, I've noticed the popularity of people to describe as "filming" or using "tape" for imagery that is obviously neither tape nor film.

'Film' refers to the medium that imagery is recorded onto and is a term obsolete with all those fat-ass slob polluters and their iPhones.

Sure, the terminology can be meaningless. There are precedents spanning a long time on this topic in our society.

The old-timers refer to theatre productions as 'Pictures' and I guess that was a term that originated at a time when it was a buzz-word for what their older generation called a 'motion picture'. As with people even today, they know they're weak and they need to try to look better in the eyes of equally pathetic people, people they see as less pathetic than they are, buzz-words are popular with mindless drones.

'Motion pictures' became 'Pictures' which became 'movies'.

I refer to modern productions, specifically works on IMDb.com, as a 'film' because I don't know the specific recording medium of the production. My guess is that most productions are still recorded on photographic film and a minor number are recorded on digital video. But I don't know the ratio.

What I *do know* is that my GoPro camera, and all of the various cameras I own, DO NOT "film" anything. It's all a digital recording.

Weak-minded polluters too lazy to think for themselves.





https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/20/technology/gopro-hero7-black/index.html

CNN


After a rough year, GoPro gets back to basics

by Heather Kelly

September 20, 2018: 9:44 AM ET

Driving full speed into a turn at the Sonoma Raceway, GoPro VP Rick Loughery flipped his go kart and crashed spectacularly, grinding to an upside-down halt on the side of the track.

His co-workers let out a chorus of "ooohs!" before one quietly said what they all seemed to be thinking: "I hope he's OK -- and I hope he was filming."



- posted by Kerry Burgess 12:17 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 21 September 2018