Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Today is 04/05/2022






DSC06222









https://tubitv.com/tv-shows/543335/s01-e04-sweet-dreams?autoplay=true

tubi

Day 5

S01:E04 - Sweet Dreams (2018)









"Abaddon's Gate" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, book 3

Chapter 10: Holden

"We need to talk," said a familiar voice in the darkness.

Holden's throat went tight. His heart began to pound. He pulled a pillow over his face and suppressed an urge to scream as much from frustration and rage as the old familiar fear that tightened his chest.

"So. There was this rookie," Miller started. "Good kid, you'd have hated him."

"I can't take this shit," Holden said, yanking the pillow away from his face and throwing it in the direction of Miller's voice. He slapped the panel by the bed and the room's lights came on. Miller was standing by the door, the pillow behind him, wearing the same rumpled gray suit and porkpie hat, fidgeting like he had a rash.

"He never really learned to clear a room, you know?" Miller continued. His lips were black. "Corners and doorways. I tried to tell him. It's always corners and doorways."

Holden reached for the comm panel to call Naomi, then stopped. He wanted her to be there, to make the ghost vanish the way it always had before. And he was also afraid that this time, it wouldn't.

"Listen, you've gotta clear the room," Miller said, his face twisted with confusion and intensity, like a drugged man trying to remember something important. "If you don't clear the room, the room *eats* you."

"What do you want from me?" Holden said. "Why are you making me go out there?"









https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/chemistry/1998/kohn/facts/

The Nobel Prize

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1998

Walter Kohn

Born: 9 March 1923, Vienna, Austria

Died: 19 April 2016, Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Affiliation at the time of the award: University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Prize motivation: "for his development of the density-functional theory."

Work

The structures of molecules and the way they react with one another depends on the movement of electrons and their distribution in space, which is determined by the laws of quantum mechanics. However, quantum mechanics requires very complicated calculations for complex systems such as molecules. In 1964 Walter Kohn laid the foundation for a theory that stated it was not necessary to account for every electron's movement. Instead, one could look at the average density of electrons in the space. This presented new opportunities for calculations involving chemical structures and reactions.









From 3/9/1923 ( Walter Kohn ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 34762 days

34762 = 17381 + 17381

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/2013 ( "Abaddon's Gate" by James Corey, book 3 of "The Expanse" series of novels ) is 17381 days



From 8/1/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"The Enemy Within" ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 7588 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/12/1986 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th President of USA: Proclamation 5516 - National Neighborhood Crime Watch Day, 1986 ) is 7588 days



From 9/23/2008 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 3517 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/20/1975 ( premiere US film "Jaws" ) is 3517 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly - or something - the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 9918 days

9918 = 4959 + 4959

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/1/1979 ( Werner Forssmann dead ) is 4959 days



From 12/14/1940 ( premiere US film "March On, Marines" ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 28272 days

28272 = 14136 + 14136

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) is 14136 days



From 5/14/1990 ( departing as United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service ) To 5/11/2018 ( ) is 10224 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/30/1993 ( Los Angeles Times: Space Shuttle Astronauts Pedal Around World ) is 10224 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 25, 2020

Somewhere in my posts, I wrote about my thoughts on this topic, popular in science-fiction

My dissertation being that the Many Worlds Theory is just a big crock of shit

The basis of that theory, I've speculated, is ignoring that electrons *have* predictability

My guess is that someone reverse-engineered that notion that the states of electrons can NEVER be determined

Therefore, everything is uncertain

And since everything is uncertain then everything is possible

I think that the invention of Many Worlds Theory based on that viewpoint is dim-witted

There is only ONE reason that the states of electrons cannot be determined: the primitive technology of the human-race

My assertion is that anything that tries to measure the state of electrons would have to shoot more electrons at the target electron, thus changing it

So, out there somewhere in the vast Universe, with it bazillions of possibilities for life vastly more intelligent than human will be ever, there may be technology that can measure accurately and unobtrusively the state of electrons.

Predictable eliminates uncertainty.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 05, 2017 3:02 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Multiverse

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of possible universes, including the universe in which we live. Together, these universes comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space, time, matter, energy, and the physical laws and constants that describe them.

The various universes within the multiverse are called "parallel universes", "other universes", or "alternative universes".

Origin of the concept

In Dublin in 1952, Erwin Schrödinger gave a lecture in which he jocularly warned his audience that what he was about to say might "seem lunatic". He said that, when his Nobel equations seemed to describe several different histories, these were "not alternatives, but all really happen simultaneously". This is the earliest known reference to the multiverse outside of fiction.

***
***

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction)

Parallel universe (fiction)

From Wikipedia

Science fiction

While technically incorrect, and looked down upon by hard science-fiction fans and authors, the idea of another "dimension" has become synonymous with the term "parallel universe". The usage is particularly common in movies, television and comic books and much less so in modern prose science fiction. The idea of a parallel world was first introduced in comic books with the publication of The Flash #123, "Flash of Two Worlds".[citation needed]

In written science fiction, "new dimensions" more commonly – and more accurately – refer to additional coordinate axes, beyond the three spatial axes with which we are familiar. By proposing travel along these extra axes, which are not normally perceptible, the traveler can reach worlds that are otherwise unreachable and invisible.

Television series involving parallel universes

Charlie Jade, in which the titular character is accidentally thrown into our universe and is looking for a way back to his own.









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess, February 27, 2017

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hugh-everett-biography/

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN

The Many Worlds of Hugh Everett

After his now celebrated theory of multiple universes met scorn, Hugh Everett abandoned the world of academic physics. He turned to top secret military research and led a tragic private life

By Peter Byrne on October 21, 2008

Everett’s scientific journey began one night in 1954, he recounted two decades later, “after a slosh or two of sherry.” He and his Princeton classmate Charles Misner and a visitor named Aage Petersen (then an assistant to Niels Bohr) were thinking up “ridiculous things about the implications of quantum mechanics.” During this session Everett had the basic idea behind the many-worlds theory, and in the weeks that followed he began developing it into a dissertation.

The core of the idea was to interpret what the equations of quantum mechanics represent in the real world by having the mathematics of the theory itself show the way instead of by appending interpretational hypotheses to the math. In this way, the young man challenged the physics establishment of the day to reconsider its foundational notion of what constitutes physical reality.

In pursuing this endeavor, Everett boldly tackled the notorious measurement problem in quantum mechanics, which had bedeviled physicists since the 1920s. In a nutshell, the problem arises from a contradiction between how elementary particles (such as electrons and photons) interact at the microscopic, quantum level of reality and what happens when the particles are measured from the macroscopic, classical level. In the quantum world, an elementary particle, or a collection of such particles, can exist in a superposition of two or more possible states of being. An electron, for example, can be in a superposition of different locations, velocities and orientations of its spin. Yet anytime scientists measure one of these properties with precision, they see a definite result—just one of the elements of the superposition, not a combination of them. Nor do we ever see macroscopic objects in superpositions. The measurement problem boils down to this question: How and why does the unique world of our experience emerge from the multiplicities of alternatives available in the superposed quantum world?

Physicists use mathematical entities called wave functions to represent quantum states. A wave function can be thought of as a list of all the possible configurations of a superposed quantum system, along with numbers that give the probability of each configuration’s being the one, seemingly selected at random, that we will detect if we measure the system. The wave function treats each element of the superposition as equally real, if not necessarily equally probable from our point of view.









posted online by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/14/2020

Mon Sep 14 00:32:10 +0000 2020

From my research, most of that Multiple Universe nonsense, common in popular science-fiction, started with some comments by some guy in Physics, at Princeton University, wasn't it?

Mon Sep 14 00:32:10 +0000 2020

My guess is that spawned out of the fact that the precise location of electrons can never be determined. Because, with modern human technology, you would have to shoot more electrons at that electron to track it and thus, you just changed it.

Mon Sep 14 00:32:10 +0000 2020

So, the fact is: electrons ALWAYS have a precise location. Is just that humans have no way of knowing those precise details

So some guy at Princeton - drunk, perhaps - extrapolated the notion into a wacky, convoluted idea that multiple-universes exist

Mon Sep 14 00:32:10 +0000 2020

Since electrons can't be tracked then ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, according to that wacky physics graduate. But the reality is: Anything is not possible, when extrapolating with the unknown-electrons idea









Posted by me, Kerry Burgess, October 21, 2021

May The Aether Be With You!

You dim-wit dullards desperate for escape from your pathetic life, incapable of independent thought or actually learning anything









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

MODEST MOUSE

"Missed The Boat"

While we're on the subject
Could we change the subject now?
I was knocking on your ear's door
But you were always out
Looking towards the future
We were begging for the past
Well, we knew we had the good things
But those never seemed to last
Oh, please just last

Everyone's unhappy
Everyone's ashamed
Well, we all just got caught looking
At somebody else's page
Well, nothing ever went
Quite exactly as we planned
Our ideas held no water
But we used them like a dam

Oh, and we carried it all so well
As if we got a new position
Oh, and I laugh all the way to Hell
Saying, "Yes, this is a fine promotion."
Oh, and I laugh all the way to Hell

Of course everyone goes crazy
Over such and such and such
We made ourselves a pillar
We just used it as a crutch
We were certainly uncertain
At least, I'm pretty sure I am
Well, we didn't need the water
But we just built that good-God-dam

Oh, and I know this of myself
I assume as much for other people
Oh, and I know this of myself
We've listened more to life's end-gong than
The sound of life's sweet bells

Was it ever worth it?
Was there all that much to gain?
Well, we knew we'd missed the boat
And we'd already missed the plane
We didn't read the invite
We just dance at our own wake
All our favorites were a-playing
So we could shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Tiny curtain's open
And we heard the tiny clap of little hands
A tiny man would tell a little joke
And get a tiny laugh from all the folks
Sitting, drifting around on bubbles, and
Thinking it was us that carried them
When we finally got it figured out
That we had truly missed the boat

Oh, and we carried it all so well
As if we got a new position
Oh, and we owned all the tools ourselves
But not the skills to make a shelf with
Oh, what useless tools ourselves









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my online journal:

May 11, 2018 6:34 am

KENNEDY: These slaves, where do they come from?










DSC04619 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSCN4401 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04624 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04620 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04626 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04627 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04628 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04631 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04632 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04636 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04639 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04640 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04641 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04643 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04644 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04645 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04671 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04672 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane


DSC04689 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018, Spokane









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073195/quotes

IMDb

Jaws (1975)

Quotes

Brody: You're gonna need a bigger boat.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 09/23/08 9:03 PM

I wake up from a dream and I ponder over it for a while but what I am wondering most about right now again is why I feel compelled to record certain dreams and why I feel a certain sense of being compelled to not record other dreams. I wonder if that is some kind of mechanism in my mind to keep my real memory from returning to conscious awareness. I also ponder over the nature of having dreams that are from the mind that is based on artificial memory. Dreams are puzzling enough but then to have dreams while living with artificial memory.

09/23/08 9:10 PM I woke up from a dream and then starting feel concerned that my dream could have been some kind of warning from my real memory about someone that was in danger. I wonder if I read something that only my subconsious mind understood and then it appeared in my dream in a context that was not necessarily threatening.

09/23/08 9:13 PM but that must be why my memory was suppressed in the first place. The enemy has created a defense that I was out to get them because they have been provoking me all this time.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 09/23/08 9:36 PM

I was steering a boat along a river that looked kind of green and then I came to a point where I had to drag the pontoon boat onto the ground because the river seemed to end. I could see a large lake off to the right but I could not figure out how to get there with the boat. The river seemed to have stopped very near to a cliff as I could see the cliff I was standing at and that lake was at a much lower elevation than I was at. I don't know where the water was going. I didn't see a waterfall. I guess the river channel had just stopped and it was some kind back-channel that was not flowing.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 09/23/08 9:47 PM

I have been trying hard to remember the part of the dream that leads up to the point I remember dreaming about but as usual I cannot remember. The first part I remember is that I was steering the pontoon boat along the river and I seemed to be alone but details from later in the dream suggest I was not. On the bank to the right, I saw a group of people and there might have been another river channel leading off in that direction that they were on. I remember a woman saying "How dare you" but I don't know who she was referring to and I cannot actually remember seeing her. One person in the group started swimming in the river and crossed behind the boat towards the other side. Then there was something about a sign posted in the middle of the river channel that cautioned about a buried cable and then something about how people seldom used caution about that particular buried cable or about any other buried cable. I am not certain if the detail I heard from some unseen person was about that particular buried cable or about how people seldom use caution with buried cables in general. I might have cranked up the speed right about then but I am fuzzy on that part. The next part I remember was about dragging the boat out of the water and after being awake for a while I started to wonder if that has something to do with the portage area I was reviewing all those times at Allyn, Washington, but I do not think that is it although it could be some general reference to portage for boat. But I don't know. I don't think that is it.









From 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) To 9/23/2008 ( ) is 1530 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/10/1970 ( premiere US TV series episode "Adam-12"::"Log 34: Astro Division" ) is 1530 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly - or something - the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) To 9/23/2008 ( ) is 6401 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/13/1983 ( premiere US film "Blue Thunder" ) is 6401 days



From 10/11/1962 ( premiere US TV series "McHale's Navy" ) To 9/1/2005 ( the government of the City of Spokane officially dedicates the Riverfront Park Fountain ) is 15666 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/23/2008 ( ) is 15666 days



From 4/27/1958 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twentieth Century"::"The Crowded Air" ) To 9/23/2008 ( ) is 18412 days

18412 = 9206 + 9206

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9206 days



From 9/8/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "60 Minutes II"::"For the Record" ) To 9/23/2008 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days










stargate-1994_00h03m53s


stargate_00h05m10s


stargate_00h05m13s










DSC04724










rotary-fountain-01 .jpg, from internet


rotary-fountain-01_illustrated by Kerry Burgess










stargate 00_20_15_PDVD









Day 5

"Sweet Dreams"

TV series season 1 episode 5

(from internet transcript)

Ellis: We're at the end of the trail here. We're about to, to figure this thing out.

I'm sorry. You are the echo of every friend that we've had in the last five days. And guess what? They're all dead.

Well, it's a good thing I'm not your friend.









From 8/1/1966 ( Charles Whitman dead ) To 4/5/2022 ( ) is 20336 days

20336 = 10168 + 10168

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/4/1993 ( premiere US film "The Last Supper" ) is 10168 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly - or something - the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) To 4/5/2022 ( Today, Tuesday ) is 11343 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/22/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 11343 days









Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

(from internet transcript)

PICARD: Authorisation Picard four seven alpha tango. ...Admiral?

HAYES (on viewer): Did I catch you at a bad time Jean-Luc?

PICARD: No, of course not.

HAYES (on viewer): I've just received a disturbing report from Deep Space 5.









https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1956/forssmann-facts.html

Nobelprize.org

The Official Web Site of the Nobel Prize

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1956

André F. Cournand, Werner Forssmann, Dickinson W. Richards

Werner Forssmann

Born: 29 August 1904, Berlin, Germany

Died: 1 June 1979, Schopfheim, West Germany (now Germany)

Affiliation at the time of the award: Mainz University, Mainz, Federal Republic of Germany

Prize motivation: "for their discoveries concerning heart catheterization and pathological changes in the circulatory system"

Field: cardiovascular physiology

Prize share: 1/3

Life

Werner Forssmann was born in Berlin, where he also studied medicine. As a newly educated doctor, he served in Eberswalde and conducted his Nobel Prize-awarded experiment there in 1929. His experimentation met resistance, however, which impeded continued research in the field. After being chief surgeon in Dresden and Berlin, Werner Forssmann served as a doctor in the army during World War II. After the war ended, he worked as a district medical officer, among other things. Werner Forssmann and his wife, also a doctor, had six children

Work

In 1929 the physician Werner Forssmann saw a picture in a book showing how a tube was inserted into the heart of a horse through a vein. A balloon at the other end of the tube showed changes in pressure. He was convinced that a similar experiment could be carried out on people. Despite the fact that his boss forbade him, Werner Forssmann conducted the experiment on himself. From the crook of his arm he inserted a thin catheter through a vein into his heart and took an X-ray photo. The experiment paved the way for many types of heart studies.









Stargate Atlantis - "Rising" - television series premiere episode part 1 and 2 - Friday 16 July 2004 (DVD extended version)

Episode Summary

The discovery of an outpost, left behind by the Ancients in the most unlikely of places, leads a new Stargate team to the distant Pegasus galaxy. Once there, they discover a planet of humans being decimated by a terrible alien race know as the Wraith.

(from internet transcript)

TENT. Sumner, Sheppard and Ford are talking with Teyla and a young man, Toran.

TORAN: The City of the Ancestors is not safe.

SUMNER: We can handle ourselves.

TORAN: The Wraith will come.

SUMNER: Who are these Wraith?

(Teyla and Toran look at each other in surprise.)

TEYLA: We have never met anyone who did not know.

SUMNER: You have now.

TEYLA: If the Wraith have never touched your world, you should go back there.

SHEPPARD: Oh, we'd like to, but we can't. See, here's the thing, ma'am: we've got ourselves into a bit of a bind and we may need a safe place to stay for a while.

TEYLA: Our people have long believed that the Wraith will come if we venture into the old city ... but it is a belief we have not tested in some time.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 01:34 AM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 04/05/2022