Monday, April 04, 2022

Today is Monday, 04/04/2022, Post #1





"Cibola Burn" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, Book 4

Chapter 43: Basia

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" the one Havelock had called Koenen said. "Get us to call off the chase."

"I'd like," Havelock said, his voice sad, "to keep Drake from falling out of space and dying. Also, I'm arguing with the pilot of the gunship behind me so that he *doesn't* need to turn you into a cloud of red mist with his point defense cannons. But you guys are making it harder and harder to be convincing."

"Don't threaten - "

"Go get Drake. Get back in the ship, Stop shooting. If one of those shots you're spraying around accidentally hits, I'm taking the gunship off the leash."

There was a long silence.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 12:16 AM Pacific-time USA Monday 04/04/2022