Sunday, April 24, 2022

Today is 04/24/2022, Post #5





album: "So" (1986)

Peter Gabriel

"Sledgehammer"

You could have a steam train
If you'd just lay down your tracks
You could have an aeroplane flying
If you bring your blue sky back

All you do is call me
I'll be anything you need

You could have a big dipper
Going up and down, all around the bends
You could have a bumper car, bumping
This amusement never ends

I want to be your sledgehammer
Why don't you call my name
Oh let me be your sledgehammer
This will be my testimony
Show me round your fruitcage
'Cos I will be your honey bee
Open up your fruitcage
Where the fruit is as sweet as can be

I want to be your sledgehammer
Why don't you call my name
You'd better call the sledgehammer
Put your mind at rest
I'm going to be - the sledgehammer
This can be my testimony
I'm your sledgehammer
Let there be no doubt about it

Sledge sledge sledgehammer

I've kicked the habit
Shed my skin
This is the new stuff
I go dancing in, we go dancing in
Oh won't you show for me
And I will show for you
Show for me, I will show for you
Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I do mean you
Only you
You've been coming through
Going to build that power
Build, build up that power, hey
I've been feeding the rhythm
I've been feeding the rhythm
Going to feel that power, build in you
Come on, come on, help me do
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you
I've been feeding the rhythm
I've been feeding the rhythm
It's what we're doing, doing
All day and night









Outer Range

"The Loss"

Ranch-worker: Mr. Tillerson. We found something.

Wayne Tillerson: That's a rock.

Ranch-worker: Look.

Wayne Tillerson: Where'd you find this?

Ranch-worker: A mile or so out near the Abbotts' west pasture. Have you seen it before?

Wayne Tillerson: Once as a kid. You find any more of this I want you to bring it right to me. Understand? Leave it there. Get outta here.

Background music vocals: You'll never hurt me again









From 1/2/2021 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrated ) To 4/22/2022 ( Friday ) is 475 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/20/1967 ( Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of USA: Statement by the President on the Death of Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer ) is 475 days



From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 4/22/2022 ( ) is 10545 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/16/1994 ( premiere US films "Timecop" "Princess Caraboo" ) is 10545 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14759066/

IMDb

Outer Range

The Time

Episode aired Apr 22, 2022

S1 E3

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14759072/

IMDb

Outer Range

The Loss

Episode aired Apr 22, 2022

S1 E4









Outer Range

"The Loss"

Patricia Tillerson: Do us all a favor, cut the superstitious bullshit!

Wayne Tillerson: I got news for you, there's more, there's more, there's more than money at play here, toots.

Patricia Tillerson: Going after a few lousy acres is a waste of everyone's time. Stop!

Wayne Tillerson: Pick up that rock.

Patricia Tillerson: What is it?

Wayne Tillerson: That, Patty, is what we've all been looking for.

Patricia Tillerson: What do you mean? It's valuable?

Wayne Tillerson: (singing) How often at night When the heavens are bright With the light from the glittering stars Have I stood there amazed And asked as I gazed If their glory Exceeds that of ours

Wayne Tillerson: There's something out there.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751154/

IMDb

The X-Files

Little Green Men

Episode aired Sep 16, 1994

S2 E1










DSC03781 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/02/2021


DSC03784 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/02/2021


DSC03785 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/02/2021


DSC03785_ -1 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/02/2021










DSC06307 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/24/2024









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_(chemistry)

Cracking (chemistry)

From Wikipedia

In petrochemistry, petroleum geology and organic chemistry, cracking is the process whereby complex organic molecules such as kerogens or long-chain hydrocarbons are broken down into simpler molecules such as light hydrocarbons, by the breaking of carbon-carbon bonds in the precursors. The rate of cracking and the end products are strongly dependent on the temperature and presence of catalysts. Cracking is the breakdown of a large alkane into smaller, more useful alkenes. Simply put, hydrocarbon cracking is the process of breaking a long chain of hydrocarbons into short ones. This process requires high temperatures.

More loosely, outside the field of petroleum chemistry, the term "cracking" is used to describe any type of splitting of molecules under the influence of heat, catalysts and solvents, such as in processes of destructive distillation or pyrolysis.

Fluid catalytic cracking produces a high yield of petrol and LPG, while hydrocracking is a major source of jet fuel, diesel fuel, naphtha, and again yields LPG.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 2:47 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 04/24/2022