Sunday, April 24, 2022

Today is 04/24/2022, Post #4





Nice to watch a live-tv Major League Baseball game and not care who's playing

I wasn't good at baseball as a child but I did want to play. Being part of something that Thedia had nothing to do with was probably a driving factor in it.

At first, I was a good contributor

Being left-handed, I can remember always getting on base

The pitchers couldn't pitch to me so I would get walked or I would get hit

By my third year, they had learned how to pitch to me and I had not learned how to bat

My childhood was in a white-trash (speaking for myself and accusatory of Thedia, she refusing to admit the truth about me now when I needed it most, despite how all those years she would blab away about it to any low-life Arkansas yokel who was around) trailer-park and the only other kids my age were all girls

They didn't care about baseball or football

All they wanted me to do was play-house with them

One time, I had found a wooden-axe handle. The attachment had broken off but it still had a metal collar at the end of the handle

I would go around outside hitting stuff with it with, in the distance, adults yelling at me, younger kids crying

Then one day, one of the older, bigger girls took it from me

She was holding it hostage from me so I would play-house with them out in the field where corn was usually planted

They had set up their playing-house on the other side of the barb-wire fence, near the drive-in theatre screen, and I playing along with them just to get near my prized instrument of destruction

I grabbed it and hauled ass out of there with them yelling at me

I lost interest in it at some time and I don't remember ever knowing what happened to it.

I would keep tuned in all day to a MLB television channel if I had a subscription but I don't

Amazon prime has a game on today include with Prime

New York Yankees are thoroughly trouncing the Cleveland Indians, agreeably now named the Cleveland Guardians











https://twitter.com/MorganTrau/status/1518282645997821953









From 12/11/2007 ( premiere US film "I Am Legend" ) To 4/24/2022 ( Today, Sunday ) is 5248 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "Galactica 1980"::"The Super Scouts - Part 1" ) is 5248 days









I Am Legend (2007)

Zoe Neville: Thirty minutes to what?

US Army Lieutenant Colonel Robert Neville: They're sealing off the island.

Zoe Neville: Seal off the island? This island?









I Am Legend (2007)

Zoe Neville: Jesus, Robert, did it jump? Is it airborne?









I Am Legend (2007)

US Army Lieutenant Colonel Robert Neville: He's announcing it.

President of the United States: [ radio transmission ] Make no mistake, Americans, this virus threatens the survival of not only our nation, but of every other nation - And so it is with great sadness, but even greater resolve that tonight I have signed an executive order initiating a military quarantine of New York City.










galactica-1980_season1-ep4_00h46m28s


galactica-1980_season1-ep4_00h46m32s


galactica-1980_season1-ep6_00h19m25s


galactica-1980_season1-ep6_00h43m19s



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 1:07 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 04/24/2022