Thursday, April 28, 2022

Today is 04/28/2022, Post #2





I cannot refer to it as a "game".

There has never been a better computer-simulation in the game-market, in my opinion.

"Satisfactory" is a game. Is a very good application for gaming entertainment

"Space Engineers" isn't a game because, in the Custom tab for Star System, it is practically unending. And I think is superior to anything I've ever found for the personal computer.

You could start an instance of Star System, and for all I can guess, you could fly around in your jetpack-spacesuit and drill holes in the ground for the rest of your natural life here in the real world.

Sometimes I wish I could find working versions of 1980s computer-games I had for my Commodore computer, such as Strike Fleet and also Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. On Steam, a few years ago, they produced a new version of some classic versions of Command and Conquer, but those suck. Command and Conquer 4 was the only version of any version I could not win at in a campaign. The non-campaign version is too boring. There was a modded-version that made the "AI" more aggressive but anti-viral software years later flagged it. Wasteland is solid, with the classic version and the second version. Can't get into the latest version long enough to play through. Keep wanting to go back to Space Engineers. Space Engineers is what I wanted Surviving Mars to be but the latter has a SimCity quality to it that Space Engineers does not. Haven't played Surviving Mars in a long time, probably won't again. That latest version of SimCity was great, but as other people complained, the limited size of the city-plots was very annoying and killed it for me to play. Would be more than awesome to have that same type of SimCity environment in a Space Engineers solar-system. Long ago there was a SimMoon that I liked.

I had all the content for this note finished and then tuned in to local live tv-news for today. This evening, they're patting themselves on the back over their televised "potty-humor". Today, they're broadcasting about a guy's new invention to upgrade the portable-toilet experience. Pork Chop Cinderella brings in the newsprint. I guess that's the double-wide version. The improvement looks like a good idea. The portable toilets are usually disgusting in the local parks I've been to, possibly because of homeless people, so it would possibly be a welcome improvement. But then the local inventor throws out that dreaded, dripping C-Word and then his invocation of Covid-19 reinforces the fact that handle should be foot-operated. People with dirty-hands are always thinking about other people's filth and should be concerned mostly about their own, continously present. Weather Guy's humor is tired but I have to say, he smells a lot better than that weirdo weather-guy before him. Not sure if that new guy is going to have to hang out with high-school kids the way his weirdo predecessor did, which was just creepy, especially considering what I thought the other news-broadcasters were insinuating about him, whether journalistic investigations or corporate-lawyered-up-deception for their mens-rea. The new guy has a tv-segment of him driving around in their new Jeep Wrangler mobile weather station. The announcer states he's taking it out for joy-ride. His denial, almost puerile, "No, I'm not" is humorous.

So, anyway, I had to put the finishing touches on this because of all that with a 1982 reference that I wouldn't have made if not for the local live-tv news broadcast today.










2022-04-28-18-03-07-558


2022-04-28-18-03-42-286










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h26m54s










wayward-pines_season1-ep5_00h24m55s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-18m-04s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-18m-05s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-18m-10s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-18m-23s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-18m-34s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-19m-09s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-19m-14s


wayward-pines_season1-ep5-2015_00h-26m-31s


wayward-pines_season1-ep6_00h00m53s









From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 4/28/2022 ( Today, Thursday ) is 10551 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/22/1994 ( premiere US TV series "Friends"::series premiere episode "The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate" ) is 10551 days



From 4/2/1950 ( premiere US TV series "Starlight Theatre"::series premiere" Second Concerto" ) To 9/26/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my journals ) is 20631 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 20631 days



From 5/17/1911 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: LECTURE ON THE BRAIN BEFORE MEDICAL CLUB Dr. E. A. Spitzka, Eminent Anatomist, Describes Structure And Phases Of This Organ ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 20631 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 20631 days



From 5/8/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Mr. Garrity and the Graves" ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 21174 days

21174 = 10587 + 10587

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 10587 days



From 5/1/1949 ( the discovery of the planet Neptune moon Nereid by Gerard Kuiper ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 26660 days

26660 = 13330 + 13330

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/2/2002 ( Alfred Gessow dead ) is 13330 days



From 12/14/2015 ( premiere US TV series "The Expanse" ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 2327 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/17/1972 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Ghost Story" ) is 2327 days



From 10/7/1988 ( premiere US TV series "War of the Worlds" ) To 4/28/2022 ( ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



https://blog.marekrosa.org/2022/04/space-engineers-most-wanted.html

Marek Rosa - dev blog

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Space Engineers: Most Wanted

Hello, Engineers!

Our newest release is here! YOU, our community, are the inspiration for this release. We have reviewed your feedback and from it, created a collection of new additions based on your requests.

We would like to start by thanking you for all of the suggestions, bug reports, and feedback submitted to our support portal. Over the past year (2022) You have helped us to identify and resolve over 345 bugs and crashes, and given us insight into your vision for the future of Space Engineers. We hope this update contains some of the many items we have seen on wishlists and the support portal. This update contains several highly requested blocks, fixes, and improvements.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek_Rosa

Marek Rosa

From Wikipedia

Marek Rosa is a Slovak entrepreneur, programmer, and computer game developer. He is known as the CEO and founder of Keen Software House

based in Prague, the Czech Republic

Space Engineers

Main article: Space Engineers

Keen Software House and Marek gained notoriety for their third game Space Engineers, which has sold over 4 million copies. Space Engineers is a voxel-based sandbox game that launched on Steam Early Access on October 23, 2013, and fully released on February 28, 2019.

Space Engineers presents the player with an open world sandbox that is defined by the players own creativity. Based on real science, Space Engineers features a realistic, volumetric-based physics engine: everything in the game can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed.

During the majority of its developmental life, Space Engineers was updated on a weekly basis based on stated development goals and community feedback. Since initial launch it experienced major updates adding survival mode, multiplayer, dedicated server support, planets, and more. Space Engineers is open to community creation and modding.

On October 20, 2014, Keen Software House announced that Space Engineers had sold over 1,000,000 copies.









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19110517-01.2.11&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 36, Number 64, 17 May 1911

LECTURE ON THE BRAIN BEFORE MEDICAL CLUB

Dr. E. A. Spitzka, Eminent Anatomist, Describes Structure and Phases of This Organ

At its final meeting of the year the Medical Club was addressed last night by Dr. Edward Anthony Spitzka, Professor of General Anatomy in Jefferson Medical College. Dr. Spitzka touched only the prime phases of anatomy with particular reference to the brain and allied subjects.

The problem which confronts the anatomist, and especially the one who deals with the brain, is the most complicated work which a doctor can find. The brain with its comparatively large bulk and distinct functions is entirely subordinate to the entire nervous system of the body, and serves only as a medium through which the various parts of the body may be united into a unit which works in sympathy with every impulse. In its construction and formation, according to the neurone doctrine enunciated by a Berlin physician and anatomist, the brain is a series of cells, and the outward manifestations of the impulses which it feels may be seen very far distant from the location of the brain. These neighboring cells can, by their mobility, come into contiguity with one another although not into continuity.

Characteristics of the Brain

Passing from the formation of the brain into certain characteristics of it, Dr. Spitzka asserted that the brain in order to fulfill its highest functions, is divided into several distinct categories from which a classification of the senses has been made. The highest consists of the region where the nerves for the highest psychic faculties are located, such as volition, will power, and intellect. The sympathetic system often spoken of as distinct from this physical classification, is, however, really inseparably connected with it.

Variations of Weight

An interesting array of figures made in detailed observation was given as to the relative weights of the brains of an intellectual and of a man without much cultivation. The average weight, taken after numerous observations, of the brain of a working man who does not indulge in reading after his day's work is over, is about 1410 grams; that of the steady working man is 1433 grams; of the subofficers 1436; of mechanics 1450; of business men and teachers 1469; and of scholars and professional men 1500 grams, showing conclusively that the brain does expand with exercise as in the case of physical development. The brain development of the intellectual man begins to decline at the age of sixty-five or thereabouts; that of the non-intellectual man at fifty-five.

The assertion that a criminal is born a criminal and that he is destined to become a criminal without the interposition of his own will is not based on sound arguments. Dr. Spitzka asserted, basing his assertion on actual experiments, that there is not a single thing to be found in tht brain of a criminal which could be interpreted as typical of a criminal, and which has not been found in the brains of others.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.









Space: Above and Beyond

"Choice or Chance - Part 2"

Sunday 26 November 1995

Episode 9 Season 1

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Stroud: Welcome home. I said this was yours when you got back. You're a hero. Paul. Paul.









from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 03/28/07 5:50 AM

That's what the POW guards always say: Today, Ray. You're going home today, Ray. You'll be eating dinner with your family tonight, Ray.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 March 2007 excerpt ends]









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 8:26 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

[ Title: ] I can't see myself in the mirror

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000098/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Jennifer Aniston

Date of Birth

11 February 1969, Sherman Oaks, California, USA



http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/medals/pow

Department of Defense

United States of America

DPMO

Defense Prisoner of War

Missing Personnel Office

Prisoner of War Medal

Instituted: 1985

Dates: All

Devices: (Silver Star, Bronze Star)

Notes: Gold and Silver Star attachments apply only to USN, USMC and USCG. Bronze and Silver Oak Leaf attachments apply only to Army and USAF.

Eligibility: The POW Medal is authorized by Public Law 99-145 (Nov. 8, 1985), as amended by Public Law 101-89 (Nov. 29, 1989), and codified at section 1128, title 10, United States Code. The POW Medal is authorized for any person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Armed Forces, was taken prisoner and held captive after April 5, 1917. The POW Medal is to be issued only to those U.S. military personnel and other personnel granted credible U.S. military service who were taken prisoner and held captive:

(1) while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States;

(2) while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force;

(3) while serving with friendly forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing force in which the United States is not a belligerent party; or

(4) by foreign armed forces that are hostile to the United States, under circumstances which the Secretary concerned finds to have been comparable to those under which persons have generally been held captive by enemy armed forces during periods of armed conflict.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:45 PM Friday, July 08, 2011

The first time we met was at The Company. First Federal. January 1992. My first day back to work at The Company.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 9:49 AM Wednesday, January 18, 2012

From 2/6/1911 ( Ronald Reagan ) To 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) is 21190 days

21190 = 10595 + 10595

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/5/1994 ( my maternal biological grandfather Ronald Reagan announces that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease ) is 10595 days



http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/reagan-alzheimers

PBS

On November 5, 1994, former President Ronald Reagan published a letter to the American people announcing his diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.

My fellow Americans,

I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.

Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.

In the past, Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.

So now we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clear understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.

At the moment, I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.

Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes, I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.

In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.

I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.

Thank you, my friends.

Sincerely,

Ronald Reagan



http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/8303/24299.html

A Memory Lapse

For Maureen Reagan, the journey began in late 1993 with her first "click of awareness" that something had gone awry in her father's mind, she wrote in a January 2000 essay for Newsweek magazine.

She and her father, former President Ronald Reagan, were talking about one of his movies, the 1954 drama Prisoner of War.

"For years he had told me about the gruesome tortures inflicted on American prisoners by the North Koreans," she wrote. "But now he seemed to be hearing me tell the stories for the first time. Finally he looked at me and said, 'Mermie, I have no recollection of making that movie.' "

"No actor ever forgets a role," she wrote, "so I should have realized something was wrong."

A few months later, she wrote, her father complained to his doctor about feeling disoriented in hotel rooms. In August 1994, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and on Nov. 5 of that year he released a brief statement about his illness, in hopes of promoting "greater awareness of this condition."

Warning Signs

Although the early symptoms of Alzheimer's vary, Thies said, what Maureen Reagan described is a common pattern: "not remembering things that had a relatively high profile in your life, and certainly disorientation in strange places."



http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2004_3761475

chron Houston Chronicle Archives

Celebrities raise funds for stem-cell research

PAUL ELIAS Associated Press

MON 05/10/2004 Houston Chronicle

Saturday's dinner featured a rare public appearance by former first lady Nancy Reagan. Former President Ronald Reagan suffers from Alzheimer's disease and his wife believes stem cells might someday provide a cure.

"Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. "Because of this I'm determined to do whatever I can to save other families from this pain."









by me, Kerry Burgess: H.V.O.M at 11:15 PM Sunday, May 08, 2011

I have thought several times about a dream I had before waking up earlier today in the morning. I think about it again now, especially considering how my dreams are relevant to observations I made later in the day after having the dream, after watching on television the scene I reference now. The scene only lasted for probably a second or two of dreaming but I have thought of it several times today because of the good feeling I had during the dream. I cannot recall how it started out but the part I remember is that I seemed to be entering an office building and I got a pass to clip to my uniform shirt and I had full access to the building. What I did though is sit in a chair in the lobby, which I can only partially visualize and I could have gone on in but I was just sitting there watching people enter and leave and I think that is what I wanted to do. I looked at my watch. I cannot recall the precise time I saw in the dream but my watch might have read 12:38 PM. I sat there for a while and if I would have wrote about this dream back in early 2006 I would have wrote about how the narrator was talking to me in the dream but in the dream, no one spoke to me during that series of scenes. There almost seemed to be comments about why I was sitting there when I could go in to the office area and I had full access to that building. I was wearing a United States military uniform in the dream and after waking up I decided I was wearing a dress white United States Marine Corps officers uniform that is no longer in service. The uniform was very similar to the United States Navy officers ceremonial dress uniform but what I read earlier today is that uniform was phased in 1998, or maybe 2000. So anyway I was clearly wearing a United States military uniform and I got up from the chair in the lobby and I started walking through the office section and I was very glad to be there. I have been left with the sense all day about how I was back home. I have also been thinking that was some kind of office that I worked out of and that is here in the United States and I had been gone for a while and I was glad to be back and I was walking around and no one had realized yet that I was back. That was how the dream ended. I was walking around through the office and I noted that someone I knew didn't work in the same place. I was going somewhere specific but that was where the dream ended and I woke up and I think that was when I got up out of bed.

But anyway, as I read back through the scene I remember that before that scene was something about me being trapped in someplace that seemed to be a deep well. I was aware that I was perched on a surface and there was very dark water just below me in reach and I was worried about what was under that surface. But I was definitely trapped in a well, a long vertical cylinder of a wall made of stones and there seemed to be just enough lighting to see my surroundings. At one point I caught a frog. I was keeping it because I might have had to use it for food. But I didn't have to because I was only trapped down there for eight days without food and water and I didn't want to eat the frog, which was the only source of possible food that presented itself to me during that time I was trapped in the well. So then the part in the office building seemed to happen.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my journals: 02/22/08 8:44 PM

From 5/13/1987 ( my M.I.A. status in Africa ends and I am being transported to a U.S. military base ) to 5/7/1992 ( first flight of space shuttle Endeavour and I was onboard that spacecraft Endeavour ) is 3 days, 3 weeks, 59 months

'33-59' ( my birth date US )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Endeavour

First flight STS-49

May 7, 1992 - May 16, 1992

Space Shuttle Endeavour (Orbiter Vehicle Designation: OV-105) is one of the three currently operational spacecraft in the Space Shuttle fleet of NASA, the space agency of the United States.[1] (The other two are Discovery and Atlantis.) Endeavour was the fifth and final NASA space shuttle to be built.

02/22/08 9:01 PM

From 2/22/1976 ( my Orion spaceship suffers catastrophic damage and fire while I am enroute to comet in the outer solar system ) to 9/29/1988 ( space shuttle flight STS-26 launches into Earth orbit and I was onboard that spacecraft Discovery ) is: 4603 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) is: 4603 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-26

Launch: September 29, 1988

Landing: October 3, 1988

STS-26 was the 26th mission and seventh for Space Shuttle Discovery, launched from Kennedy Space Center, Florida. It was the "Return to Flight" mission, being the first mission after the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nereid_(moon)

Nereid (moon)

From Wikipedia

Nereid, or Neptune II, is the third-largest moon of Neptune.

Nereid was discovered on 1 May 1949 by Gerard P. Kuiper









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Gessow

Alfred Gessow

From Wikipedia

Prof. Alfred Gessow (October 13, 1922 – May 2, 2002) was an American pioneer in the field of helicopter aerodynamics and aerospace engineering. He was a co-author of the early rotorcraft engineering text, Aerodynamics of the Helicopter, which, although published in 1952, has been in print for more than 50 years. Gessow was chair of the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park, and was ultimately promoted to Professor Emeritus.

While Gessow is best known for his book Aerodynamics of the Helicopter, his earliest published technical papers and reports helped bring a new level of clarity to the development of the helicopter, which prior to then had relatively primitive standards for flying qualities. For example, Gessow authored one of the earliest efforts to standardize mathematical symbology in helicopter aeromechanics to enable aerospace engineers to more easily communicate advances in the field.

One of Gessow's earliest theoretical papers was on the subject of blade twist and plan-form effects, and how it affected the fundamental performance of a hovering helicopter. While it is now established that numerical techniques became the basis of methods in early use by the helicopter industry, the digital computers in 1956 were very primitive by modern standards. His approach lays down the well-known "blade element method" incorporating two-dimensional, non-linear sectional airfoil data from tables, a fundamental engineering approach that even today remains the basis for most helicopter rotor design analyses.

In 1967, Gessow published an article in Scientific American on "The Changing Helicopter."

Gessow devoted much of his government and teaching career to expanding the knowledge of helicopter aerodynamics, developing new theoretical approaches, and conducting flight experiments.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._T._Tutte

W. T. Tutte

From Wikipedia

William Thomas Tutte OC FRS FRSC (14 May 1917 – 2 May 2002) was an English and Canadian codebreaker and mathematician. During the Second World War, he made a brilliant and fundamental advance in cryptanalysis of the Lorenz cipher, a major Nazi German cipher system which was used for top-secret communications within the Wehrmacht High Command. The high-level, strategic nature of the intelligence obtained from Tutte's crucial breakthrough, in the bulk decrypting of Lorenz-enciphered messages specifically, contributed greatly, and perhaps even decisively, to the defeat of Nazi Germany.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 6:20 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 04/28/2022