Monday, April 18, 2022

Today is 04/18/2022, Post #3





Update by me for 04/17/2022









https://twitter.com/MorganTrau/status/1515874242776256512









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: February 24, 2017 5:03 pm

http://blog.iconosquare.com/top-10-filters/

ICONOSQUARE

The top 10 most used Instagram filters









Previously, here on Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home:



http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/04/today-is-04182022-post-2.html

Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 5:27 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Monday, April 18, 2022

Today is 04/18/2022, Post #2

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

(from internet transcript)

SAAVIK: May I ask how you dealt with the test?

KIRK: You may ask. ...That's a little joke.

SAAVIK: Humour. It is a difficult concept. ...It is not logical.

KIRK: We learn by doing.

McCOY: Who's been holding up the damn elevator?










FALLONBIDENSLOGAN5 .jpg, from internet









Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

(from internet transcript)

[Corridor outside bridge simulator room]

TANNOY VOICE: Captain Spock, Captain Spock, space shuttle leaving in fifteen minutes.

KIRK: Where are you off to, now?

SPOCK: The Enterprise. I must check in before your inspection. And you?

KIRK: Home.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: year 2006

I had this crazy idea that I have been up in the Space Shuttle. It makes sense.









By me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 15, 2019

But what happened is that the person I was talking to gave me the key to the house. I can stay there right now. And I did. And that was a great feeling in the sleeping dream. I saw myself in there. I could see the landscape out the windows. I could envision the layout of the rooms in the house. I heard a radio broadcast. The broadcast was about the weather in Denver.

The reason that all seems so profound is that it is a distinct variation on a recurring dream I have had many times in the last 20 years. But until today, the variation was always about that house I owned in South Carolina. In that recurring sleeping dream, I would discover unexpectedly that I still owned that house. But I had forgotten about it. Suddenly, I would discover that I still owned it and I could go there at that very moment and live there again. I always loved that feeling. I don't actually care about that house in South Carolina. I just miss owning my own home. I was working very hard to again own my own home before the 878 days snuck up and hit me from behind.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 8:28 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.









From 9/15/2005 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me ) To 4/17/2022 ( Sunday ) is 6058 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/1982 ( premiere US film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" ) is 6058 days



From 9/15/2005 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me ) To 4/17/2022 ( ) is 6058 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/1982 ( premiere US film "Poltergeist" ) is 6058 days



From 11/28/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) To 5/13/2021 ( ) is 20620 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/17/2022 ( ) is 20620 days



From 4/19/1953 ( premiere US TV series episode "You Are There"::"The Ordeal of Galileo" ) To 10/2/2009 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate Universe" ) is 20620 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/17/2022 ( ) is 20620 days



From 10/24/1964 ( Kamala Harris ) To 4/8/2021 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me ) is 20620 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/17/2022 ( ) is 20620 days



https://twitter.com/MorganTrau/status/1515874242776256512

Twitter

Morgan Trau

@MorganTrau

Award-winning & losing #Ohio Statehouse reporter for @WEWS • covers trending legislation • CLE native • @newhouseSU alum • Morgan.Trau@wews.com • She/her

I’m back in Cleveland to fill in!

Join @ClayLePard, @JonDoss, @WeathermanCam_ and me at 11 p.m. on @WEWS to learn the latest news for Northeast Ohio.

📸@MarkDurdak

7:05 PM Apr 17, 2022









https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/russia-racing-beat-tom-cruise-nasa-first-movie-shot-space-n1267341

NBC News

Russia, racing to beat Tom Cruise and NASA to first movie shot in space, picks its cast

The Russian space agency, Roscosmos, announced Thursday that it had selected its crew to headline the film, which will be called "Challenge."

May 14, 2021, 8:51 AM PDT

By Matthew Bodner

MOSCOW — Humans have explored the space around planet Earth for 60 years now, meaning most of the dramatic "firsts" have long been claimed in the history books.

But Russia figures it's good for one more: The first film to be shot in outer space. And, just like the old days, it’s in a race with the United States to claim the achievement.

The Russian space agency, Roscosmos, announced Thursday that it had selected its crew to headline the film, which will be called "Challenge."









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

Captain James T. KIRK: What about you, Cochrane? How did you get here?

Zefram COCHRANE: Marooned, I told you. Look, we'll have lots of time to learn about each other.









Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

(from internet transcript)

LILY: Z, you've had enough. I'm not going up in that thing with a drunken pilot.

Dr. Zefram COCHRANE: Well I sure as hell am not going up there sober.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Space_Council

National Space Council

From Wikipedia

The National Space Council is a body within the Executive Office of the President of the United States created in 1989

Composed of cabinet-level members and supported by a Users Advisory Group, the council is chaired by the Vice President of the United States.










SsrHq-1476908994-embed-08 .jpg, from internet









From 10/20/1964 ( ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 1116 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/22/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Plato's Stepchildren" ) is 1116 days



From 10/20/1964 ( ) To 9/4/1976 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the unpublished true birthdate of Beyonce Knowles ) is 4337 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/17/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Operation Petticoat" ) is 4337 days



From 10/20/1964 ( ) To 9/4/1976 ( George W. Bush arrested again by police in the United States ) is 4337 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/17/1977 ( premiere US TV series "Operation Petticoat" ) is 4337 days



From 10/24/1964 ( ) To 6/20/1994 ( premiere US TV series episode "Biography"::"Houdini: The Great Escape" ) is 10831 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10831 days



From 10/24/1964 ( ) To 10/24/1989 ( "The Stand" complete edition, by Stephen King ) is 9131 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/2/1990 ( premiere US film "Jacob's Ladder" ) is 9131 days



From 10/24/1964 ( ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 11014 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/29/1995 ( from IMDb (dot) database-file circa 2012: premiere US film "Twelve Monkeys" ) is 11014 days



From 10/24/1964 ( ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 11014 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/29/1995 ( premiere US film "Dead Man Walking" ) is 11014 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

Kamala Harris

From Wikipedia

Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is an American politician and attorney serving as the 49th and current vice president of the United States.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: October 07 2020

Mike Pence says Kamala smells too good and That Is A Sin, according to that bible-thumping pervert {probably}

Because Mike Pence is desperate to earn Brownie Points with the Big Man With The Beard Upstairs.

Get your nose right in there, Mike, to your Imaginary Friend.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 08 2021

Ah, The Good Old Days

When we didn't have a Creepy Old Man as president of USA who went around with hands on shoulders of women as he sniffed her hair.

You don't hear Stephen King whining about *that*"









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: August 13 2020

The Playboy Playmate Dude

Or

The Gee-Your-Hair-Smells-Terrific-Sniffing-Guy

That's a tough choice of well-qualified candidates for election









The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

(from internet transcript)

Chapter 15

It was two minutes to midnight.

Patty Greer, the nurse who had been trying to take Stu’s blood pressure when he went on strike was leafing through the current issue of McCall’s at the nurses’ station and waiting to go in and check Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Hapscomb. Hap would still be awake watching Johnny Carson and would be no problem. He liked to josh her about how hard it would be to pinch her bottom through her white all-over suit. Mr. Hapscomb was scared, but he was being cooperative, not like that dreadful Stuart Redman, who only looked at you and wouldn’t say boo to a goose. Mr. Hapscomb was what Patty Greer thought of as a “good sport.” As far as she was concerned, all patients could be divided into two categories: “good sports” and “old poops.” Patty, who had broken a leg roller skating when she was seven and had never spent a day in bed since, had very little patience with the “old poops.” You were either really sick and being a “good sport” or you were a hypochondriac “old poop” making trouble for a poor working girl.

Mr. Sullivan would be asleep, and he would wake up ugly. It wasn’t her fault that she had to wake him up, and she would think Mr. Sullivan would understand that. He should just be grateful that he was getting the best care the government could provide, and all free at that. And she would just tell him so if he started being an “old poop” again tonight.

The clock touched midnight; time to get going.

She left the nurses’ station and walked down the hallway toward the white room where she would first be sprayed and then helped into her suit. Halfway there, her nose began to tickle. She got her hankie out of her pocket and sneezed lightly three times. She replaced the handkerchief.

Intent on dealing with cranky Mr. Sullivan, she attached no significance to her sneezes. It was probably a touch of hay fever. The directive in the nurses’ station which said in big red letters, REPORT ANY COLD SYMPTOMS NO MATTER HOW MINOR TO YOUR SUPERVISOR AT ONCE , never even crossed her mind. They were worried that whatever those poor people from Texas had might spread outside the sealed rooms, but she also knew it was impossible for even a tiny virus to get inside the self-contained environment of the white-suits. Nevertheless, on her way down to the white room she infected an orderly, a doctor who was just getting ready to leave, and another nurse on her way to do her midnight rounds.

A new day had begun.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/releaseinfo

IMDb

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Release Info

USA 2 November 1990









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/quotes

IMDb

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Quotes

Jacob's Doctor: You're a lucky guy, Jake. You must have friends in high places.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 10:28 PM

In recent years, I've developed a sense of reviewing events in the context of before March 2013 and after March 2013

My journals over the decades - since the VA psych. hospital - extensively reference a divergence point, but I've started thinking that was ploy









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 10:28 PM

A ploy by me in the past to influence me of the future, which is now

My journals establish a divergence in 2005 but I've started thinking that didn't actually happen until 2013

This first book in the 9-book series "The Expanse" begins with 06/15/2011, according to Amazon









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 10:28 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_Wakes

Leviathan Wakes

Published June 15, 2011

It is the first book in the Expanse series

The novel was adapted for television in 2015 as the first season-and-a-half of The Expanse by Syfy.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 10:00 PM

Calling me now is to read the actual text of the book "The Expanse", written - they admit - by a fictitious person

Don't feel much like reading - more accurately: sitting here longer staring at this computer screen - but yet it calls to me tonight, too tired to fall asleep

"Thank you for your support of the author's rights"









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 11:29 PM

page 6, Chapter 1: Holden

Then Solomon Epstein had built his little modified fusion drive









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 11:57 PM

page 6, Chapter 1: Holden

Fortunately, he'd left the plans on his home computer.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: April 8, 2021 11:57 PM

https://presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/special-message-the-congress-the-federal-highway-program

JOHN F. KENNEDY

35th President

Special Message to the Congress on the Federal Highway Program.

February 28, 1961

The Bureau of Public Roads estimates that users of the completed Interstate System will save 42,000 years of travel time every year.

JOHN F. KENNEDY

35th President

Special Message to the Congress on the Federal Highway Program.

February 28, 1961

The elimination of stop-and-go driving will save users 9 billion costly stops and starts every year.

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 10/11/2006 6:57 PM

This idea of faster-than-light travel would also explain a lot of thoughts I have had as long as I can remember.

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 10/11/2006 6:57 PM

I wasn’t so much thinking about FTL, but more about something revolutionary in terms of travel.

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 10/11/2006 6:57 PM

Those thoughts were actually a driving factor in why I was so motivated to shake off the people spying on my computer use.









"Leviathan Wakes" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, book 1

Chapter 44: Miller

Fred sat in his chair, eyes narrow and thoughtful. Miller leaned forward in his seat.

"You've got me in a hard position," Fred said. "You're saying all the right things. But I have a hard time trusting that you'd follow through. Keeping you on the books would be risky. It could undermine my position in the peace negotiations."

"It's a risk," Miller said. "But I've been on Eros and Thoth Station. I flew on the Rocinante with Holden and his crew. When it comes to analysis of the protomolecule and how we got into this mess, there isn't anyone in a better position to give you information. You can argue that I knew too much. That I was too valuable to let go."

"Or too dangerous."

"Sure. Or that."



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 10:11 AM Pacific-time USA Monday 04/18/2022