Thursday, April 07, 2022

Today is 04/07/2022, Post #3





Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

COCHRANE: Believe me, Captain, immortality consists largely of boredom. What's it like out there in the galaxy?









From 3/23/2018 ( ) To 4/7/2022 ( Today, Thursday ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 4/7/2022 ( Today, Thursday ) is 19872 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/2020 ( ) is 19872 days



From 6/27/2005 ( in Seattle the Patty Murray press conference at the Puget Sound Veterans Affairs Health Care System hospital at the same moment as Kerry Burgess I was discharged from same United States of America Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital ) To 4/7/2022 ( ) is 6128 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



From 5/4/2000 ( the "I LOVE YOU" computer epidemic is reported globally ) To 4/7/2022 ( TODAY, Thursday ) is 8008 days

8008 = 4004 + 4004

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/19/1976 ( United States Public Law 94-553 - Copyright Act of 1976 ) is 4004 days









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2006 12:39 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Masturbation journal 3/1/06

I would like to look for images on the internet of similar looking women that aren't wearing clothes, but that expression is denied because I choose to comply with the rules of this establishment, especially since I am dependant on their charity.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 1:24 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.










instagram_blue-tree_03-23-2018_2









From 1/11/1963 ( ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



From 1/18/1941 ( ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 19134 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 19134 days



From 10/26/1938 ( premiere US film "Cipher Bureau" ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly - or something - the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 19134 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 19134 days



From 10/23/1967 ( premiere US film "How I Won the War" ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 5/21/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 4324 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/4/1977 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Operation Petticoat" ) is 4324 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates - the world-famous actress & from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 12/4/2015 ( from The American Presidency Project website - Hillary Clinton, presidential-candidate: Press Release - A Girl-power Playlist in Honor of "Waitress" - a Musical That's About To Make Broadway History ) is 19134 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 19134 days



From 3/13/1936 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: "'Lit' Now American Magazine Of 1930'S," Says Chapman In Review Of Current Number - Faculty Member Contends Editors Assume Their Public Intellectually Unlimited. ) To 3/23/2018 ( ) is 29960 days

29960 = 14980 + 14980

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/7/2006 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, from my official United States of America Veterans Affairs psychiatric-hospital documents, the final appointment with the psychiatrist ) is 14980 days










instagram_blue-tree_03-23-2018_1










2018-03-23_1


2018-03-23_2









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.










2018-03-23_3


2018-03-23_4


2018-03-23_5










Aviamix2015-03_ .jpg, from internet


0868872 .jpg, from internet


5138459 .jpg, from internet









album: "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" (2002)

COLDPLAY

"The Scientist"

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are









excerpt from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:24 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006

Went to Camp Couchdale in the summer of '81, after graduating 9th grade.

Met a girl named Phoebe, took her out on the lake in a boat and paddled around. We wrote letters for a long time afterwards.









"Metamorphosis" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967

NANCY Hedford, Federation Commissioner: How perceptive of you to notice I needed one.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068229/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Astronaut (1972 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 8 January 1972

The Astronaut (1972)

ABC Movie of the week

00:40:18

Gail Randolph: [ slaps him ] Stop it! Stop looking at me with his face!









album: "Amplified Heart" (1994)

Everything But The Girl

"Missing"

I step off the train
I'm walking down your street again
And past your door
But you don't live there anymore
It's years since you've been there
Now you've disappeared somewhere
Like outer space
You've found some better place

And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain

Could you be dead?
You always were two steps ahead
Of everyone
We'd walk behind while you would run
I look up at your house
And I can almost hear you shout
Down to me
Where I always used to be

And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain

Back on the train
I ask why did I come again
Can I confess
I've been hanging around your old address?
And the years have proved
To offer nothing since you moved
You're long gone
But I can't move on

And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain

I step off the train
I'm walking down your street again
And past your door
I guess you don't live there anymore
It's years since you've been there
Now you've disappeared somewhere
Like outer space
You've found some better place
And I miss you
And I miss you
You've found some better place

And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you, yeah
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you
Like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you, yeah
Like the deserts miss the rain
Like the deserts miss the rain
Like the deserts miss the rain









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: What was that?

COCHRANE: Well, sometimes the light plays tricks on you. You'd be surprised what I've imagined I've seen around here sometimes.









Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Linda Barrett: He's no high school boy.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

[Cochrane's home]

KIRK: You seem to think this Companion of yours can do almost anything.

COCHRANE: I said it was very powerful.

KIRK: Could it cure her?

COCHRANE: I don't know.

KIRK: How do you communicate with it?

COCHRANE: It's on a non-verbal level, but I usually get my message across.

KIRK: We've got to try. We're helpless. See if it can do something.

[Outside Cochrane's home]

KIRK: How do you do it?

COCHRANE: I just sort of clear my mind and it comes.

(He walks to the edge of the garden then stands with his eyes closed. The Companion appears, then moves to envelope him.)

KIRK: Bones, what do you make of that?

MCCOY: Almost a symbiosis of some kind, a sort of joining.

KIRK: Exactly what I think. Not exactly like a pet owner speaking to a beloved animal, would you say?

MCCOY: No, it's more than that.

KIRK: Agreed. More like love.

(The Companion vanishes, so Kirk and McCoy go over to Cochrane.)

MCCOY: Are you all right?

COCHRANE: Yes. It kind of drains me a little, but I'm all right.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

(from internet transcript)

COCHRANE: If there's anything I could do to help, I would, and I will









album: "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" (2002)

COLDPLAY

"The Scientist"

(from internet transcript of dialog)

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh, let's go back to the start

Running in circles
Coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh, take me back to the start

I was just guessing
At numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart

Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart

Tell me you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh, and I rush to the start

Running in circles
Chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh, it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard

I'm going back to the start










star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h48m54s









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 10, 1967 on NBC

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: All the best.

(They shake hands, and Kirk walks away.)

COCHRANE: Captain, don't tell them about me.

KIRK: Not a word, Mister Cochrane.










DSC01426 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01422 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01418 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01404 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01402 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01401 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01668 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01687 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01685 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01684 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020


DSC01683 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/30/2020










DSC02623









From:

Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022 3:43 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject:









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976

Copyright Act of 1976

From Wikipedia [ retrieved by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/07/2022, excerpts ]

The Copyright Act of 1976 is a United States copyright law and remains the primary basis of copyright law in the United States, as amended by several later enacted copyright provisions.[citation needed] The Act spells out the basic rights of copyright holders, codified the doctrine of "fair use", and for most new copyrights adopted a unitary term based on the date of the author's death rather than the prior scheme of fixed initial and renewal terms. It became Public Law number 94-553 on October 19, 1976

Before the 1976 Act, the last major revision to statutory copyright law in the United States occurred in 1909.[citation needed] In deliberating the Act, Congress noted that extensive technological advances had occurred since the adoption of the 1909 Act. Television, motion pictures, sound recordings, and radio were cited as examples. The Act was designed in part to address intellectual property questions raised by these new forms of communication.

Subject matter of copyright

Under section 102 of the Act, copyright protection extends to "original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device". The Act defines "works of authorship" as any of the following:

literary works,

musical works, including any accompanying words,

dramatic works, including any accompanying music,

pantomimes and choreographic works,

pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works,

motion pictures and other audiovisual works, and sound recordings.

An eighth category, architectural works, was added in 1990.

Exclusive rights

Section 106 granted five exclusive rights to copyright holders, all of which are subject to the remaining sections in chapter 1 (currently, sections 107–122):

the right to reproduce (copy) the work into copies and phonorecords,

the right to create derivative works of the original work,

the right to distribute copies and phonorecords of the work to the public by sale, lease, or rental,

the right to perform the work publicly (if the work is a literary, musical, dramatic, choreographic, pantomime, motion picture, or other audiovisual work), and

the right to display the work publicly (if the work is a literary, musical, dramatic, choreographic, pantomime, pictorial, graphic, sculptural, motion picture, or other audiovisual work).

A sixth exclusive right was later included in 1995 by the Digital Performance Right in Sound Recordings Act: the right to perform a sound recording by means of digital audio.

Fair use

Main article: Fair use

Additionally, the fair use defense to copyright infringement was codified for the first time in section 107 of the 1976 Act. Fair use was not a novel proposition in 1976, however, as federal courts had been using a common law form of the doctrine since the 1840s (an English version of fair use appeared much earlier). The Act codified this common law doctrine with little modification. Under section 107, the fair use of a copyrighted work is not copyright infringement, even if such use technically violates section 106. While fair use explicitly applies to use of copyrighted work for criticism, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research purposes, the defense is not limited to these areas. The Act gives four factors to be considered to determine whether a particular use is a fair use:

the purpose and character of the use (commercial or educational, trans-formative or reproductive, political);

the nature of the copyrighted work (fictional or factual, the degree of creativity);

the amount and substantiality of the portion of the original work used; and

the effect of the use upon the market (or potential market) for the original work.

The Act was later amended to extend the fair use defense to unpublished works.









http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990329&slug=2952170

Monday, March 29, 1999

`Melissa' Crashes, Swamps E-Mails -- An Estimated 100,000 Computers Infected By Virus

The AP

PITTSBURGH - E-mail systems crashed or were swamped at hundreds of companies of all sizes by the "Melissa" computer virus, a computer expert estimated today.

Jeff Carpenter, a team leader for the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, estimated that more than 100,000 computers and hundreds of companies had been infected by the virus.

CERT first learned of the virus Friday afternoon, and its members worked through the night to analyze it, Katherine Fithen, CERT manager, said. She said the full reach of the virus might become clear today when millions of people sit down at their computer terminals for the first time since Melissa emerged.

Fithen declined to say if any government's security was breached and wouldn't name anyone whose files had been damaged. The New York Times reported today that files at Charles Schwab, Lucent Technologies and Intel had been affected.

The Melissa virus spreads via infected e-mail and attacks computers loaded with Microsoft's widely used Word 97 or Word 2000 programs, according to CERT.



http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/melissa.shtml

F-Secure Virus Descriptions : Melissa

NAME: Melissa

ALIAS: Simpsons, Kwyjibo, Kwejeebo, Mailissa

For more information on Melissa, see Global Melissa Information Center at http://www.F-Secure.com/melissa/

A virulent and widespread computer virus was found on Friday, March 26, 1999. This virus has spread all over the globe within just hours of the initial discovery, apparently spreading faster than any other virus before.

The virus, known as W97M/Melissa









https://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/05/04/iloveyou.01/

CNN

'ILOVEYOU' computer bug bites hard, spreads fast

May 4, 2000

Web posted at: 5:57 p.m. EDT (2157 GMT)

By D. Ian Hopper

CNN Interactive Technology Editor

(CNN) -- By midday Thursday, the self-propagating and destructive "ILOVEYOU" virus had already wrought hundreds of millions of dollars in software damage and lost commerce, analysts said.

The virus was first reported in Hong Kong and spread gradually west as a new day dawned, infecting government and business computers. Anti-virus companies in the United States fielded thousands of calls from corporate customers reporting widespread infections.

Two anti-virus companies, Symantec, which makes Norton Anti-Virus, and F-Secure, have developed posted "virus definition" files for the "ILOVEYOU" virus, which is currently known to spread through the Microsoft Outlook e-mail program and through a popular Internet Relay Chat program. Those files have so-called "fingerprints" for the virus, allowing those programs to detect and eliminate it.

"This is fairly big time," said computer security expert Peter Tibbett, who works for ICSA.net of Reston, Virginia, which measures the frequency and cost of viruses on 1 million machines per year.

'LOVE' already costing much

He estimated $100 million in software damage and lost commerce had been caused by 9 a.m. Thursday in North America alone and predicted the price tag would exceed $1 billion by Monday morning.

ICSA.net has 200,000 clients, among them financial institutions, government agencies and corporations, Tibbett said. The Department of Justice used the company's estimates for damage caused by last year's Melissa virus, he said.

"This beats Melissa hands down," Tibbett said.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 8:03 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 04/07/2022