Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Today is 04/19/2022, Post #3





album: "The Golden Age Of Wireless" (1982)

Thomas Dolby

"She Blinded Me With Science"

Ha!

It's poetry in motion
She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony
But she blinded me with science
(She blinded me with science!)
Failed me in geometry, hey-ey, huh, huh

Now
Huh, huh

When I'm dancing close to her
(Blinding me with science, science)
(Science!)
I can smell the chemicals
(Blinding me with science, science)
(Science!)
(Science!)

Now, but, it's poetry in motion
When she turned her eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
Sweet as any harmony
She blinded me with science
(She blinded me with science!)
Failed me in geometry
(Huh, huh, huh, huh, huh, huh)

When she's dancing next to me
(Blinding me with science, science)
(Science!)
(Hmm hmm, hmm hmm, hmm)
I can hear machinery
(Blinding me with science, science)
(Science!)

Ha! It's poetry in motion
Now she's making love to me
The spheres are in commotion
The elements in harmony
She blinded me with science
(She blinded me with science!)
And hit me with technology

(Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!)













https://twitter.com/jodellemicah/status/1203156056588767232

Twitter

Jodelle Ferland

@jodellemicah

One more TARDIS cosplay video 💙 I love this episode so much ✨ #doctorwho #tardis #cosplay #tardiscosplay

7:35 PM Dec 6, 2019









album: "The Golden Age Of Wireless" (1982)

Thomas Dolby

"She Blinded Me With Science"

I...
I don't believe it!
There she goes again!













https://twitter.com/jodellemicah/status/1203431642305425410

Twitter

Jodelle Ferland

@jodellemicah

Sassy TARDIS is my favourite TARDIS 💙 #doctorwho #tardis #cosplay #doctorwhocosplay #tardiscosplay

1:50 PM Dec 7, 2019









From 11/7/1955 ( from Life magazine publication: The Epic Of Man - Part I - Man Inherits The Earth ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 18119 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 18119 days



From 11/28/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 18458 days

18458 = 9229 + 9229

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/8/1991 ( premiere US film "Sleeping with the Enemy" ) is 9229 days



From 5/21/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 3309 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/24/1974 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"The Secrets of Sleep" ) is 3309 days



From 12/25/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 8570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/20/1989 ( George Bush, 41st President of USA: Remarks on Signing the Executive Order Establishing the National Space Council ) is 8570 days



From 5/13/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 8430 days

8430 = 4215 + 4215

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/18/1977 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance - Announcement of Proposed Legislation ) is 4215 days



From 1/11/1965 ( the Ling-Temco-Vought (LTV) XC-142 tiltwing aircraft completed its first transitional flight by taking off vertically, changing to forward flight and finally landing vertically ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 6/5/1987 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Earned NEC 1189 - Based on graduation from the Terrier Mk 152 Guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex course - Naval Guided Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States Navy - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2) ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 10234 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/9/1993 ( the Stari Most in Mostar Bosnia-Herzegovina destroyed by artillery fire ) is 10234 days



From 5/12/1945 ( from History (dot) com: "An iron curtain is drawn down upon their front," Churchill wrote about the Soviets to Harry Truman ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 18119 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 18119 days



From 4/25/1986 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "RECDUINS 25 Apr 1986" - Received For Duty Under Instruction - United States Navy Fire Control Technician Class "A", (A-113-0019), Service School Command, Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 10640 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 4/1/1960 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Execution" ) To 6/12/2015 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4174892/

IMDb

Dark Matter

Pilot - Part 1

Episode aired Jun 12, 2015

S1 E1

Six strangers awake amnesic on a marooned and damaged spacecraft. Quickly however they discover their personal talents and from there struggle to understand who they are and what has happened to them.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734567/

IMDb

The Twilight Zone

Execution

Episode aired Apr 1, 1960

S1 E26

Top cast

Russell Johnson as Prof. Manion









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734567/quotes

IMDb

The Twilight Zone (TV Series)

Execution (1960)

Quotes

Prof. Manion: [speaking into a Dictaphone] At 8:15 the subject appeared desperately tired, so I put him to bed. After two hours, I've discovered the following: His name is Joseph Caswell. He tells me he was a trail boss on a cattle ranch in the territory of Montana. His last moment of recollection was November 14th, 1880. He says he was riding herd when suddenly he blacked out. He awoke to find himself on the cot of my laboratory. He felt no sensations, and only in the last few moments did he seem to have any grasp of what has occurred. There's one disturbing point. There are the marks of a rope etched deeply into his neck. He has no explanation for this. And I have one other observation, hardly scientific. I don't like his looks. I don't like the eyes, or the face, or the expression. I get a feeling of disquiet. I - I get a feeling that I've taken a 19th-century primitive and placed him in a 20th-century jungle. And heaven help whoever gets in his way.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.










2015-06-12_1










2015-06-12_3 .jpg, from internet

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Magazine-7-November-1955/dp/B00EV65YKK










2015-06-12_2

https://archive.aviationweek.com/issue/19551107









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 10:21 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I was thinking today about something I read recently in the novel 2001: Space Odyssey. Clarke wrote something about the progress of man from femur-wielding ape-man to man's use of guided missiles.










DSC02234









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/remarks-delgates-the-republican-national-convention-detroit-announcing-the-selection

The American Presidency Project

RONALD REAGAN

40th President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks to Delgates at the Republican National Convention in Detroit Announcing the Selection of George Bush as Vice Presidential Running Mate

July 17, 1980









From 6/12/1924 ( ) To 2/28/1928 ( from the New York Times newspaper: Kellogg Sends Note On Outlawing War; Resumes Correspondence with Briand & from Salt Lake Telegram newspaper: Briand Praises Kellogg's Last Antiwar Note ) is 1356 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1969 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1969 was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing and walking on the planet Earth's moon ) is 1356 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush

George H. W. Bush

From Wikipedia

George Herbert Walker Bush (June 12, 1924 – November 30, 2018) was an American politician, diplomat, and businessman who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993. A member of the Republican Party, Bush also served as the 43rd vice president from 1981 to 1989 under Ronald Reagan









https://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/17/opinion/earlier-republicanism.html

New York Times

Opinion

EARLIER REPUBLICANISM

July 17, 1981

WASHINGTON - Contrary to what President Reagan might think, he is hardly following the defense and foreign policies of virtually any conservative Republican leader of the 20th century.

The basic themes of conservative Presidents in foreign policy and defense have been mediation and arms limitation. From Warren Harding's Washington Conference of 1921, which limited naval armaments, to the Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/remarks-signing-the-executive-order-establishing-the-national-space-council

The American Presidency Project

GEORGE BUSH

41st President of the United States: 1989 ‐ 1993

Remarks on Signing the Executive Order Establishing the National Space Council

April 20, 1989

The President. Well, to the Members of Congress here and Members of the Joint Chiefs, distinguished guests, thank you. It's a great pleasure to be here on an occasion of this nature. And I want to thank all of you for being here. You're helping to fulfill a promise that I made 18 months ago in Huntsville, Alabama, at the George C. Marshall Space Flight Center. I pledged then, and I'm proud now, to reestablish the National Space Council.

I've asked Vice President Quayle to serve as Chairman. Under his able leadership, I'm confident that the Space Council will bring coherence and continuity and commitment to our efforts to explore, study, and develop space. I look to the Council to coordinate our civil, military, and commercial efforts. We must establish a permanent manned presence in space by building the space station Freedom. We must encourage private initiatives in investment, and we must ensure our national security through effective defense activities in space.

You know, when people talk about space exploration, what it represents to us in this country, some say that it captures the American imagination. But it's much more than that. Our efforts in space unleash the imagination. And 20 years ago, an entire generation of Americans was inspired by the space program. We must continue on the path we've blazed in earlier decades with a renewed dedication.

Space is vitally important to our nation's future and, I would add, to the quality of life here on Earth. And it offers a technological frontier, creating jobs for tomorrow. And space programs inspire an interest in math and science, engineering in young people, knowledge so important for a competitive future. Space offers us the chance to unlock secrets billions of years old and billions of light years away. Space is the manifest destiny of a new generation and a new century.

Mr. Vice President, I plan to sign this Executive order with one objective in mind: to keep America first in space. And it's only a matter of time before the world salutes the first men and women on their way outward into the solar system. All of us want them to be Americans.

And now I'd like to ask the Vice President to say a few words, and then I'll be honored to sign this declaration.

The Vice President. Thank you very much, Mr. President, and welcome back to your former office. It's about 100 days ago, a little less, that you were here to witness the official signing of the Vice President's desk, and we welcome you back today as you establish the Space Council.

I certainly look forward to getting involved with the Space Council, working with the Members of Congress to develop a coherent space policy and space strategy for this country. Space is certainly the frontier. It is a frontier that we understand, and we're going to be there. Space is important to us from an economic point of view, from a national security point of view, and certainly from a point of view of technology. So, Mr. President, we take your charge with a great deal of seriousness. We will be working with all deliberation and cooperation with Members of Congress and the space community -- that we will work and present a very good space policy and strategy for the future of this nation.

Thank you very much.

Note: The President spoke at 1:08 p.m. in the Vice President's office in the Old Executive Office Building. The Executive order is listed in Appendix E at the end of this volume.

George Bush, Remarks on Signing the Executive Order Establishing the National Space Council Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/263200









From 1/5/1951 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Acceleration Program Ready, Dodds States ) To 3/17/2006 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



From 5/14/1990 ( departing as enlisted United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer (FC2)(E-5) Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service ) To 3/17/2006 ( ) is 5786 days

5786 = 2893 + 2893

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/4/1973 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Peanuts ) is 2893 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0562992/

IMDb

Doctor Who

Rose

Episode aired Mar 17, 2006

S1 E1

When ordinary shop-worker Rose Tyler meets a mysterious stranger called the Doctor she is drawn into his strange and dangerous world; her life will never be the same again.

Top cast

Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19510105-01.2.13&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

excerpts, Daily Princetonian, Volume 75, Number 3, 5 January 1951

Acceleration Program Ready, Dodds States

By Jon O. Newman '53

"The University is fully prepared to go to an acceleration program as soon as we know that the national requirements call for it," President Harold W. Dodds stated yesterday, commenting on his letter concerning the draft situation which was mailed to all students December 14.

"We'll probably have to go to an acceleration program when we're sure of what the Congress will decide to do, who is to be exempt and who will be here for us to teach," Dodds continued. "Furthermore," he emphasized, "we know that the undergraduates will want such a program, as they did during the last war."

Agree With Suggested Plan

Clarifying his position on the all-important question of who is to be exempt, Dodds stated that he is in agreement with the plan currently being discussed in Washington circles which would allow approximately 200,000 students engaged in scientific, technical, engineering and premedical studies to remain in the nation's colleges. "The draft program should obviously be geared to the need for excellent students in these fields," the President observed.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0562992/quotes

IMDb

Doctor Who (TV Series)

Rose (2005)

Quotes

Rose Tyler: What did you say your name was?

The Doctor: I told you; The Doctor.

Rose Tyler: Yeah, but, Doctor what?

The Doctor: Just The Doctor.

Rose Tyler: The doctor?

The Doctor: Hello!

Rose Tyler: Is that meant to be impressive?

The Doctor: Sort of, yeah.










2006-03-17_1



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 12:07 PM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 04/19/2022