Friday, April 15, 2022

Today is 04/15/2022





Accumulating snowfall this late at the end of winter is not unheard of here in Spokane but I cannot find any recorded occurrences by me this late in the month of April, as yesterday, 04/14/2022, since I moved here back in year 2013

Probably not the latest recorded by the National Weather Service in Spokane, I've vaguely remember someone on local tv mentioning snowfall into May around here, though I don't recall seeing it during my time here, and this day is the latest day I've seen measurable snowfall here, adding to the 36.7 inches they've recorded so far in this past winter of mediocre, below-average measureable snowfall.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.










10k_DSC00139 stargate universe









Stargate: Universe

"Space"

TV-series season 1 episode 11, 04/02/2010

(from internet transcript)

USAF first-lieutenant Vanessa JAMES: Doctor Caine's pretty cute, huh?

(Eli looks round at her, startled.)

JAMES: There is nothing sexier than a widower ...

(Eli tries to interrupt her but she continues.)

JAMES: ... a man who's proven that he can make a commitment and is single through no fault of his own. (She grins at T.J.) I mean, what more could you ask for?

(In the other room, Caine looks up awkwardly as Vanessa's voice comes clearly through the Kino.)

CAINE: I can hear you.

(Scott bows his head, trying to hide his smile. In Eli's office, Vanessa's smile drops and she stares at the screen in horror as T.J. sniggers.)

JAMES (awkwardly): Uh, I-I'm so sorry!

CAINE (embarrassed): How ‘bout we just carry on like nothing happened?

JAMES (plaintively): OK. Thank you!

(She turns and walks away as T.J. and Eli burst into giggles.)









From 5/21/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 1412 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series "The Bold Ones: The New Doctors" ) is 1412 days



From 1/21/1955 ( premiere US TV series episode "Dear Phoebe"::"And So to Wed" ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



From 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 11213 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/15/1996 ( premiere US TV series "Portraits of Courage" ) is 11213 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates - the world-famous actress & from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 12/14/2007 ( premiere US film "I Am Legend" ) is 16222 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 16222 days



From 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 14926 days

14926 = 7463 + 7463

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/9/1986 ( extensively referenced by me in my past blog-posts, never explicitly defined by me. Because it's weird ) is 7463 days



From 9/26/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) To 4/2/2010 ( ) is 1284 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/9/1969 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: Saint Christopher, formerly venerated in the Roman Catholic Church [superstition] as the patron saint [superstition] of travelers, was dropped from the Church, The 40 names had been dropped following research within the Vatican that concluded that the persons identified as saints had never actually existed. ) is 1284 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401019/

IMDb

Stargate Universe

Space

Episode aired Apr 2, 2010

S1 E11

Storyline

Col. Young returns to the Destiny having left Dr. Rush on the planet below. Some are dubious about his explanation and Camile puts Young on notice that her own report may cast doubt on his motives. When he tries to use the communication stones to report back to Earth, he is transferred in to a being on a alien ship. He returns safely but they soon come under attack where the aliens take Chloe prisoner. Young returns to the alien vessel via the communication stones to rescue her but is shocked to find someone else in their holding tanks as well.









by me, Kerry Burgess: March 26, 2019

The typical United States American is childish and naive. Your feeble, dim-wit mind always thinks that movies, especially action, are always about *somebody*. Americans, in their pathetic lives, are incapable of seeing through the messenger to the message.









Stargate Universe - "Visitation" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

Episode Summary

The Destiny crew members who chose to remain on the alien planet somehow cross the galactic void to meet with Young and the others. Meanwhile, Chloe prepares for her final transformation.

(from internet transcript)

In Camille's room, she has Caine under hypnosis. His eyes are closed. Young is standing nearby.

WRAY: What do you see?

CAINE: Snow is falling.

(Inside his head, he is standing about a dozen paces away from the rear of the shuttle. The snow has been falling for some time and he has left deep footprints behind him. Wrapped in a blanket, he gazes up at the sky, realising that it doesn't look like it's going to stop snowing any time soon. He lowers his head unhappily and turns back towards the ship.)

CAINE (on Destiny): The shuttle is our only shelter now.

(A couple of blankets have been hung over the doorway and Caine pushes through to where the rest of the crew are wrapped in more blankets and huddled around a tiny fire in a metal bowl. All of them are shuddering.)

CAINE (on Destiny): It's so cold. We lost power days ago.

(He looks around at his friends, who stare back at him as they tremble with the cold. All of them have sores on their faces. Peter's gaze is more than a little accusing.)

CAINE (on Destiny): Something vital has broken and none of us know how to fix it.










DSC06259 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/14/2022


DSC06264 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/14/2022


DSC06266 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/14/2022









From 3/3/1932 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: The Ph. D. Dilemma ) To 4/14/2022 ( Thursday ) is 32914 days

32914 = 16457 + 16457

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/23/2010 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Universe"::"Visitation" ) is 16457 days



From 2/2/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Court Martial" ) To 4/14/2022 ( ) is 20160 days

20160 = 10080 + 10080

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 10080 days



From 12/26/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Counterweight" ) To 4/14/2022 ( ) is 20928 days

20928 = 10464 + 10464

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/27/1994 ( the US NASA Stargazer Pegasus rocket failure ) is 10464 days










2017April10_Chloe55-200_DSC00568 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/10/2017


DSC01713 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/01/2020


DSC01727 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/01/2020


DSC01493 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 04/05/2020









Stargate Universe - "Visitation" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

YOUNG: This is Colonel Young. As far as we know, Doctor Caine and a number of other people are on a planet thousands of light years away.

CAINE: And as far as we remember, Colonel, that is where we still were when we went to sleep last night.

(Nicholas walks closer to the chair so that his voice can be heard over the comms.)

RUSH: Look, the shuttle we left you wasn't capable of leaving the atmosphere, let alone fly between galaxies.

CAINE: We understand that, Doctor Rush, but here we are.

YOUNG: The others are with you?

CAINE: Yes, all of us.

YOUNG: Which brings me back to "how?"

CAINE: Honestly, I have no idea.

(On the shuttle, Robert Caine is sitting in the pilot's seat looking thoroughly bewildered. Behind him the rest of the crew who chose to stay behind on the planet in "Faith" are standing or sitting around looking equally confused.)









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19320303-01.2.17&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 57, Number 24, 3 March 1932

THE PH. D. DILEMMA

About thirty years ago William James published an essay entitled "The Ph. D. Octopus" and thereby precipitated an argument which has been raging ever since. The question is - are the colleges wise to give great preference in hiring teachers to men who have acquired a Ph. D. degree. Those who criticise the colleges on this point have two main arguments. First, it is said that the work required for the doctor's degree does not really give a man the right kind of knowledge of the subject which he is to teach.









"Court Martial" ( Star Trek )

TV-series season 1 episode 20

Original Airdate: 2 Feb, 1967

(from internet transcript)

Captain's Log, Stardate 2947.3. We have been through a severe ion storm. One crewman is dead. Ship's damage is considerable. I have ordered a non-scheduled layover on Starbase Eleven for repairs. A full report of damages was made to the commanding officer of Starbase Eleven, Commodore Stone.

[Stone's Office]

(Kirk is not in his usual gold shirt, but a green one with gold braiding.)

STONE: Maintenance Section Eighteen. The section is working on the Intrepid. Reschedule. The Enterprise is on priority one. That makes three times you've read it, Jim. Is there an error?

KIRK: No. But the death of the crewman.

STONE: Regulations, Captain. And the extract from your ship's computer log confirming this sworn deposition?

KIRK: Kirk to Enterprise.

UHURA: Bridge here. Go ahead, Captain.

KIRK: Where's Mister Spock with that computer log extract?

[Bridge]

UHURA: He should have been there ten minutes ago, sir.

[Stone's Office]

KIRK: Kirk out.

STONE: It's a great pity. The service can't afford to lose men like Lieutenant Commander Finney.

KIRK: I agree. I waited until the last possible moment. We were on Red Alert. The storm got worse. I had to jettison the pod.









"Court Martial" ( Star Trek )

TV-series season 1 episode 20

Original Airdate: 2 Feb, 1967

(from internet transcript)

COGLEY: What's the matter? Don't you like books?

KIRK: Oh, I like them fine, but a computer takes less space.

COGLEY: A computer, huh? I got one of these in my office. Contains all the precedents. The synthesis of all the great legal decisions written throughout time. I never use it.

KIRK: Why not?

COGLEY: I've got my own system. Books, young man, books. Thousands of them. If time wasn't so important, I'd show you something. My library. Thousands of books.

KIRK: And what would be the point?

COGLEY: This is where the law is. Not in that homogenised, pasteurised, synthesiser. Do you want to know the law, the ancient concepts in their own language, Learn the intent of the men who wrote them, from Moses to the tribunal of Alpha 3? Books.

KIRK: You have to be either an obsessive crackpot who's escaped from his keeper or Samuel T. Cogley, attorney at law.

COGLEY: Right on both counts. Need a lawyer?

KIRK: I'm afraid so.

[Courtroom]

(There are four officers in dress uniform on the bench, including Stone.)

STONE: This court is now in session. I have appointed as members of this court Space Command Representative Lindstrom, Starship Captains Krasnovsky and Chandra. Captain Kirk, I direct your attention to the fact that you have a right to ask for substitute officers if you feel that any of these named harbour any prejudiced attitudes to your case.









Stargate Universe - "Visitation" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

YOUNG: Sorry for the delay, Doctor Caine. I've asked Lieutenant Scott to come and help talk you through the docking procedure.

CAINE: I don't even drive a car.

BRODY: Just what a Trojan would say!

WALLACE: The guys in the horse were Greek!

BRODY: Well, then, why's it Trojan horse, then? Beause they're from Troy!

WALLACE: Because ...

YOUNG: You guys done? (Into comms) Don't worry, Doctor Caine. We'll take it nice and slow.









Stargate: Universe

"Space"

TV-series season 1 episode 11, 04/02/2010

(from internet transcript)

SCOTT: Well, what do you think?

CAINE: I'm an I.T. tech, you know. I fix Earth computers, not Ancient communication devices.









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19320303-01.2.17&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Daily Princetonian, Volume 57, Number 24, 3 March 1932

THE PH. D. DILEMMA

On the other hand, there is much to be said for the doctoral degree. The professor must know his subject thoroughly









Stargate Universe - "Visitation" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

CAINE: This body's nothing but a shadow - not reborn but reanimated, and not by God [ superstition, in the context of popular-culture, in reality ] but by beings who can rebuild a man's body ... but not his soul.

(He gazes out at the vortex.)

CAINE: Maybe that's what you and Colonel Young were sensing.

(He pulls the blanket tighter around him as T.J. smiles a little and looks at him.)

JOHANSEN: I don't feel that way now.

(Shivering, he looks across at her.)

CAINE: It's kind of you to say. But even though I have his thoughts, and some of his memories, I'm not the Robert Caine that God made.

JOHANSEN: After all of this, you still believe?

CAINE: That is faith, T.J. I believe that my soul has already moved on and is looking down, even now, marvelling at how kind you are to comfort a shadow.









Stargate Universe - "Visitation" - television series Season 2 Episode 9 - Aired Nov 23, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

Eli has watched the footage [ digital-video ] from the Kino found in the shuttle, and has called Young, Camille and Nicholas to his room to watch. They stand nearby as he sets the footage going again. Inside the shuttle the Kino turns to focus on Robert Caine sitting on the floor.

CAINE (weakly): If anyone's listening, help us.

(He pulls in an agonised breath as the Kino draws closer to him.)

CAINE: Help us. Please. I don't wanna die. Help.

(Behind him, a bright glow appears outside the front window. Gasping, Robert brushes aside the blanket covering his head and turns to look out of the window. The glow becomes brighter and envelops the entire ship, and the screen fills with white light.)



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 03:33 AM Pacific-time USA Friday 04/15/2022