Sunday, April 10, 2022

Today is 04/10/2022, Post #2





Preface: Of the content of this note, I created this note and the content at 4:45 PM local time. That is 8:45 PM on the east coast. The content that was decided at this time is about 11/28/1964 and "Battlestar Galactica"

At the time of this writing, I know that I will probably watch one or more "The Simpsons" episodes in a few hours. I don't even know if there is a new episode broadcast tonight. Presumably, any new episode will broadcast on the east coast at 5 PM my time, and then here locally at 8 PM. This is a point of clarification I've made many times before on this topic. I have not yet checked the tv-listings and if there is a new episode then I don't know yet, in these minutes before 5 PM and that doesn't matter much relative to me because I'm not going to try to even know anything about the content - new or re-broadcast - until the program is actually broadcast to my personal television. So, the only content I have established so far is to check for 11/28/1964 and and "Battlestar Galactica". Now, an hour later, at 5:45 PM, I have compiled the entire content and now must work on the formatting. Still don't know anything about the tv-listings I'm going to look at after making this post. Possibly, I make another post with new content here based on new observations









Several sleeping-dreams from last night, the sleep-period I awoke from to sit down here for another day at this same stupid desk.

The only occurrence that remains with me through the day is the sleeping-dream that occurred just before I awoke and got out of bed.

In that sleeping-dream, I seem to be driving my beloved 2002, black Jeep Wrangler that I lost back in year 2005 and that is the last vehicle I've owned

In the dream, I'm on vaguely familiar streets in an urban setting. If I were to look at a map - which I'm not bothering with - then I might guess that setting was somewhere in the Bellevue-Redmond area, right there around the point of adjoining city lines.

That part is not consistent because I never actually lived in that part of the cities, both of which I lived in before, and in the sleeping-dream, I was very close to my destination, where I lived during the dream.

There is accumulated snow on the streets. But it must be slushy because I can still see asphalt. Ice. That must have been it and that makes more sense. Must have been a lot of ice covering the pavement.

Where the sleeping-dream starts in my recollection, I must have veered off to the side of the road to avoid crashing into the vehicle in front of me

I must be driving that Jeep Wrangler but I am towing a flat-bed trailer behind, which I had never done and the closest that ever occurred was me towing my Jeep Wrangler on a trailer behind a rented moving truck back in year 2004 when I escaped Redmond in the dead of the night and drove to the other side of the state - back during those glorious 878 Days - for the Crossland in Spokane Valley

So I seemed to have stepped out of the Jeep and I'm aware of one of the doors of that 2-door vehicle and that I have swerved off to the side of the road

There's a moment of that panicky feeling realizing that all the cars behind me are stopped because I'm blocking all the lanes of traffic

Then I'm back on the street and I understand that the freight-truck in front of me is only a few feet ahead so, technically, I'm not blocking traffic

Then, that freight-truck is moving forward and at that point I'm mostly afraid of crashing into the back of it

I'm approaching a four-way traffic light intersection

The light is green for me

I'm almost going to make it and the light turns yellow

I press harder on the accelerator-pedal and enter the intersection as the light is still yellow

I am turning to my left and the place I live is just beyond a right-turn at the next intersection

But the left-turn has me going down a very steep hill

I'm practically standing on the brake-pedal and I continue to accelerate

I'm in the right-lane against the curb and on my left, a smaller, blue-car has veered over in front of me

The blue-car has matched my velocity but it is very close in front of me, I can barely make out its rear-end in front of the front-end of my vehicle

A furtive glance down below my white-knuckles on the steering-wheel informs me that my velocity exceeds 90 miles per hour and I am still practically standing on the brake-pedal and it not making the slightest difference in damping my forward velocity

In the last moments of the sleeping-dream, I become aware of the intersection at the bottom of that very steep hill

I awake in bed at that moment

I am awake and thinking about how I will never stop before that intersection

I wasn't consciously aware of such detail during the dream but after waking I understood that I had not yet noted the traffic lights as I plummet downhill uncontrolled in velocity

I was also certain that any crash of my vehicle to anything in that intersection would almost all but certainly be fatal for me and anyone else involved.

I got out of bed and wondered if there was any particular reason I've had that sort of sleeping-dream on this specific calendar-day.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Adama: That'll be all, Captain.

(Apollo leaves)

(Back to Baltar's house)

Baltar: So now you're telling me, umm- Now you're telling me that you're a machine?

Six: I'm a woman.

Baltar: You're a machine. You're a synthetic woman. A robot.

Six: I've said it three times now.

Baltar: Well, forgive me, I'm having the tiniest bit of trouble believing that, because the last time anybody saw the Cylons, they looked more like walking chrome toasters.

Six: Those models are still around. They have their uses.

Baltar: Prove it. If you're a Cylon, prove it to me right now.

Six: I don't have to. You know I'm telling the truth.

Baltar: See, stating something as the truth doesn't necessarily make it so, because the truth of the matter is, I don't believe a word of it.

Six: You believe me, because deep down you've always known there was something different about me. Something that didn't quite add up in the usual way. And you believe me because it flatters your ego, to believe that alone among all the billions of people of the Twelve Colonies, you were chosen for my mission.

Baltar: Your mission? What mission?

Six: You knew I wanted access to the defense mainframe.

Baltar: (stunned) Def- Wait a minute, the defense mainframe? What exactly are you saying?

Six: Come on, Gaius. The communications frequencies, deployment schedules, unlimited access to every database.

Baltar: Oh my god. (Thinks for a moment.) I had nothing to do with this. You know I had nothing to do with this.

Six: You have an amazing capacity for self-deception. How do you do that?

Baltar: How many people know? About me? Specifically, that I'm involved?

Six: Even now, as the fate of your entire world hangs in the balance, all you can think about is how this affects you.

Baltar: Do you have any idea what they'll do to me if they find out?

Six: They'd probably charge you with treason.

Baltar: Treason is punishable by the death penalty. This is unbelievable.

Six: What are you doing?

Baltar: I'm phoning my attorney.

Six: That won't be necessary.

Baltar: Yeah, he'll know what to do, he'll sort this out. He's the best in the business.

Six: It won't be necessary, because in a few hours, no one will be left to charge you with anything.

Baltar: What exactly are you saying?

Six: Humanity's children are returning home. Today. (Outside the window, there's a bright flash of light on the horizon.)









From 11/28/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) To 5/6/2021 ( ) is 20613 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/10/2022 ( Today, Sunday ) is 20613 days



From 12/8/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 4/10/2022 ( Today, Sunday ) is 6698 days

6698 = 3349 + 3349

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/3/1975 ( Gerald Ford, 38th President of USA: Statement on Signing a Bill Establishing Rules of Evidence in Federal Court Proceedings ) is 3349 days










the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-37m-19s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-37m-24s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-37m-47s









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

(Ragnar Anchorage - Adama and Leoben are in some sort of room with lots of pipes and steam. Leoben is extremely pale and sweaty now.)

Leoben: What is it about this place? What's it doing to me?

Adama: Must be your allergies.

Leoben: I don't have allergies.

Adama: I didn't think so. What you got are silica pathways to the brain, or whatever it is you call that thing you pretend to think with. It's decomposing as we speak.

Leoben: It's the storm, isn't it? It puts out something. Something you discovered has an effect on Cylon technology. That's it, isn't it? And this is a refuge, that's why you put a fleet out here. Last ditch effort to hide from the Cylon attack. Right, well, that's not enough Adama. I've been here for hours. Once they find you, it won't take them that long to destroy you. They'll be in and out before they even get a headache.

Adama: Maybe. (He grabs Leoben, pushes him up against the wall.) But you, you won't find out, because you'll be dead in a few minutes. How does that make you feel? If you can feel.

Leoben: Oh, I can feel more than you could ever conceive of, Adama. But I won't die. When this body dies, my consciousness will be transferred to another one. And when that happens, (he collapses to the ground with a groan) I think I'll tell the others exactly where you are, and I think that they'll come, and they'll kill all of you. And I'll be here watching it happen.

Adama: You know what I think? I think if you could have transferred out of here, you woulda done it long before now. I think the storm's radiation really clogged up your connection. You're not going anywhere. You're stuck in that body.

Leoben: Doesn't matter. Sooner or later, (he smiles) the day comes when you can't hide from the things you've done.










DSC04550 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane, 05/06/2021


DSC04548 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane, 05/06/2021


DSC04546 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane, 05/06/2021


DSC04545 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane, 05/06/2021


DSC04540 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane, 05/06/2021









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 1:11 PM May 6, 2021

2/

Stealth (2005)

This is 3 to 1. I got your back... but if you black out, you're gonna kill everyone.

Negative, 3. I did not get this far by being in the 73rd percentile.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 10:45 AM May 6, 2021

11b/

Battlestar Galactica - tv series premiere episode 1 & 2 - 01/14/2005

(from internet transcript)

Viper - Space

Apollo (Lee Adama): All right, you know the drill









From 8/29/1980 ( I'm only 14-years-old and Thedia just got married again for the 5th time to some different Arkansas yokel, all during my lifetime ) To 5/6/2021 ( ) is 14860 days

14860 = 7430 + 7430

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/7/1986 ( premiere US film "Highlander" ) is 7430 days



From 5/21/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 5/6/2021 ( ) is 5464 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/18/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "In Search of..."::"Life After Life" ) is 5464 days



From 11/14/1941 ( premiere US film "The Mighty Navy" ) To 5/6/2021 ( ) is 29028 days

29028 = 14514 + 14514

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/29/2005 ( premiere US film "Stealth" ) is 14514 days



https://spacecenter.org/artemis-astronaut-feature-anne-mcclain/

Space Center Houston

Space Center Houston > Blog > Astronaut Facts > Artemis astronaut feature: Anne McClain

Artemis astronaut feature: Anne McClain

MAY 6, 2021 ASTRONAUT FACTS

Last year, NASA named the first Artemis astronauts. The mission to return to the Moon begins with the first Artemis flight scheduled to launch later this year. We are featuring each of the Artemis astronauts to help you get to know these pioneering explorers. This week meet Anne McClain.

Selected as an astronaut by NASA in 2013, McClain flew into space for Expedition 58/59 in 2018, where she and the crew conducted hundreds of experiments, including editing DNA for the first time in space. To date, she has logged a total of 204 days in space and has accumulated 13 hours and 8 minutes of spacewalking time during her two career spacewalks.

Learn more about McClain with these three fast facts:

1. HER LOVE OF THE HIT BLOCKBUSTER FILM TOP GUN INSPIRED HER TO BECOME AN ARMY PILOT.

In a video shared by Space.com, McClain shares that she was a big fan of the movie Top Gun. In fact, she says she watched it so much one summer (up to three times a day!), that her brother broke the tape to get her to stop watching the film!

McClain said she was devastated, but it was that incident that ultimately inspired her to become a military pilot, where she eventually logged over 2,000 flight hours in 20 different aircraft.

2. SHE THOUGHT THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE PART ABOUT HER SPACEFLIGHT WAS THE RETURN HOME.

There are quite a few aspects to space travel that can be uncomfortable, like head colds (think Apollo 7), a dulled sense of taste, and more.

But for McClain, it was the return trip home that was most uncomfortable.

“The most uncomfortable thing about going to space is coming home,” McClain told The Seattle Times in a 2019 interview. She added, “It’s a little strange to get used to gravity again.”

Despite her discomfort, McClain shared that it was fun to see things from a different perspective.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 11:01 AM May 6, 2021

Arena [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 19 Jan, 1967

GORN: This is your opponent, Earthling. I have heard every word you have said.










nasa flight suit .jpg, from internet









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 10:55 AM May 6, 2021

APPARENTLY, to further speculate as I have often, those are people who are going to remember THIS TIME NOW

BECAUSE something wonderful is clearly going to happen in the not-so-distant future

And your disbelief will need to be suspended

That's the brick-wall going up now









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 10:45 AM May 6, 2021

IMDb (dot) com

Highlander (1986)

Quotes

Rachel: Will you listen to me for one moment? You can't hide your feelings from me! I've known you too long.

Connor MacLeod: What feelings?

Rachel: How about loneliness?










the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-40m-38s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-40m-41s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-40m-43s










the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-41m-19s










the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-42m-03s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-42m-17s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-42m-20s


the-outer-limits_season2-ep11-1964_00h-42m-23s



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 6:07 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 04/10/2022