Thursday, April 07, 2022

Today is 04/07/2022, Post #2





Although I woke up this morning feeling better than most days, feeling almost normal, I did have several sleeping-dreams last night

And I wonder about those

My sleeping-dreams are as interesting and varied and detailed as anything I see on television while awake.

I wonder if that's because I'm a child of the television.

Reminds me of those days of my youth when Thedia would dump us in Antlers, Oklahoma, where I was born, to spend a few days with her mother and Homer Burgess.

I remember Homer Burgess as a grumpy old man with a crippled arm who thought no one else in the world ever worked hard. Because they were smart enough to work their way out of a life-time of menial-labor.

One other point I remember about him was bitching about me wanting to watch television.

Sure, running around outside is a very good activity for any age. But the young mind needs creative input.

His sleeping dreams were probably of sitting around outside in the infested woods under a shade tree and watching the grass grow.

Lately, on television, the local news is broadcasting about manical automobile-drivers on Spokane streets.

Hey, they're all right.

They're just zipping around the streets in tons of speeding metal and looking down at their "smart" phones and feeling outrage at the hyped-up threat of Osama bin Laden.

*Everyone* else must be held accountable. But not *you*.



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 2:11 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 04/07/2022