Saturday, March 24, 2007

Adolph W. Bush

I might have lived in New York City for a while. I might have stayed there several times on leave from the Navy, including the recovery period following my escape from Libya. I think I might have gotten married once before that in the World Trade Center; maybe 1983. I think I lived in Seattle in my youth, too, although I don’t have any conscious memories of that. I noted earlier in my journal that the Seattle Monorail opened on a day that was 3 years, 3 weeks, after my birth, which I think means I was there for the opening. There is also a nearby town named Allyn, Washington, and there was a period a few years ago when I spent hours studying that location with mapping software, where I saved notations in computer files. I used that same mapping software to map out a route through the city streets of Spokane so that the people secretly following me in my Jeep Wrangler would know that “Bush Sucks” as they traced out my path on the map.


The animated television series Futurama premiered on 3/28/99, which was about 111 days after I started at Microsoft. It is well established that I was watching that series when it premiered, especially as it relates to the name Thomas. Listed below is an excerpt from the second episode, “The Series Has Landed,” which premiered on 4/4/99. I thought the reference to Neil Armstrong’s foot print was funny. I think it is a clever reference to how “Fry’s” foot was bigger than the Apollo 11 footprint because that Apollo 11 footprint was actually made by me as a 10 year old on the surface of the Moon. I looked up that image about the “MTV flag” and compared it with the real image, which is illustrated below. I think most of those photos from the surface of the Moon on Apollo 11 are of me. The first episode “Space Pilot 3000,” as the transcript excerpt illustrates, reflects the past 8.72 years for me. I have been wondering for a while if one of my kids wrote some or all of the script for that series. I think one of my kids calls me Pops.

FUTURAMA
Episode 102
"THE SERIES HAS LANDED"
...
FRY
Over there! Look! It's the moon landing
site! We found it!

[They run towards it. Leela climbs the ladder and pushes over
the hatch.]

LEELA
Quick, get in.

[Fry sees the American flag.]

FRY
It's that flag from MTV! And Neil Armstrong's
footprint! Hey! My foot's bigger! Leela,
isn't this the greatest thing you've
ever seen?























Futurama "Space Pilot 3000" Script

Episode Air Date : March 28, 1999
...
FRY
Its my old neighbourhood. Man, this
brings back a lot of memories.

BENDER
Keep 'em to yourself, pops.

[Cut to: Ruins of Rockefeller Center Skating Rink. Fry leans
over a wall.]

FRY
This is where I brought my girlfriend
on our very first date.

[Flashback. Fry skates with Michelle on the crowded ice.]

[Flashback ends. The ice is gone, replaced with murky green waters
inhabited by a green tentacled creature.]

FRY
My God! She's gone. Everyone I ever
knew or cared about is gone.