Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ilan Ramon

Tom Devey was the name of the guy who bore a striking resemblance to Colonel Ilan Ramon of the Israeli Air Force. Ramona Ramadas was the name of the woman Microsoft-Corbis transfered to work on my team. After I read this article about the Yom Kippur War, which Colonel Ramon reportedly participated in, I just realized why Microsoft-Corbis had the woman named Ramona Ramadas working closely with me. It's because the Yom Kippur War is also referred to as the Ramadan War, according to this article. There were also people at Microsoft, including that guy named Clarence sitting next to me, spreading rumors that I was a U.S. Navy SEAL.

The Yom Kippur War, Ramadan War or October War[...]also known as the 1973 Arab-Israeli War and the Fourth Arab-Israeli War, was fought from October 6 to October 26, 1973, between Israel and a coalition of Arab nations led by Egypt and Syria. The war began with a surprise joint attack by Egypt and Syria on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. Egypt and Syria crossed the cease-fire lines in the Sinai and Golan Heights, respectively, which had been captured by Israel in 1967 during the Six-Day War.