Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Africa – 2/14/86 to 5/13/87

The movie “Flight Of The Intruder” premiered on Friday, 1/18/91. Most movies premiere on Fridays and the previous day, a Thursday, was 59 months, 3 days, after 2/14/86, the day I think I was shot down over the continent of Africa.

Flight of the Intruder (1991)
US Theatrical Release Date: January 18, 1991

Tagline: The only thing they can count on is each other.
Plot Synopsis: After his co-pilot is killed, Jake Grafton, a carrier-based Intruder pilot, questions the purpose of Navy bombing missions. He finds an ally for his cynicism in Virgil Cole, a weapon's officer on his third tour of duty, and together they ponder the notion of one unsanctioned mission "downtown", to "Sam City" in North Vietnam.

I think the movie reflects that I was shot down, but the operation portrayed in the movie iteself, I believe, reflects something actually from the Vietnam War, but I am not sure what it was. But it could be that we were attacking a terrorist stronghold in 1986 but was shot down. I don’t know if we completed our mission.

I bought again today a copy of the book and it is copyright 1986. I don’t know if the book was completed before I was shot down. It could be another case of the terrorists making my life imitate my art, which is the “Iron Eagle” theory I wrote of earlier. The terrorists at Microsoft-Corbis knew what the book was going to be about and worked to see something like that happen to me.

I distinctly remember one day I was sitting in a conference room with 2 co-workers and one them mentioned something about taking me “downtown” with her. My immediate responded something about how that was a good idea if you need a “bad ass” with you. I puzzled for a long time over why I responded like that as I am usually a lot more laid back. I would eventually decide I was flirting with her. I would start puzzling over that again later after the thoughts that I was a pilot in the Osirak strike of 1981, which was near downtown Baghdad. I think it was a good ways outside of downtown Baghdad, although Baghdad actually covers a great deal of landscape, but I am sure the F-16 pilot’s who bombed the building could clearly see downtown Baghdad. I remember that conversation with her very well where she mentioned taking me downtown, because the Nisqually earthquake hit right after that while we were still sitting in that conference room. I remember thinking recently about how I think Microsoft-Corbis arranged to have Ironman Utah on June 8, 2002, in Provo, Utah, to instigate terrorism against me, because of the connection to 6/7/81 and to the Provo wing of the IRA. I remember thinking about that big storm that blew in right at the beginning of that triathlon swim start and just wrecked the swim course, leaving one fatality. There is a “Vanilla Sky” quality to all this.


Monday, 10/22/90 was 3 years, 5 months, 9 days, after 5/13/87, the date I think I completed my escape from Africa. This movie, "Quigley Down Under," released 3 days earlier, as most movies release on Fridays.

I’m not sure how much this movie reflects my experiences in Africa in 1986 and 1987. The primary elements, I think, are that I was a highly skilled sharpshooter but I was betrayed at some point which resulted in a long walk through the desert. I think that I was found my locals somewhere and stayed in a village for a while. I might have been captured again at some point though and thrown into a cage. I have been thinking that plot element of “Crazy Cora” calling him “Roy” has something to do with my last name Ray. I think that element was incorporated into “Die Hard” as well. I have been thinking for a while that I am related somehow to Tom Selleck but I am not sure how. He might have been married to someone I was related to; I’m not certain.


The thought occurred to me that I am a judge with the FISA court. I can’t remember any other details, but I think it will all start coming back to me soon.

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act

an act passed by Congress in 1978 to establish procedures for requesting judicial authorization for foreign intelligence surveillance and to create the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court; intended to increase United States counterintelligence; separate from ordinary law enforcement surveillance