Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Queen (2006)





"Is she really royalty? Or is she making it all up as she goes along?" the movie trailer asks.



http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi3665887513/










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 9/13/1993 ( filming begins 1994 movie "Princess Caraboo," starring my wife ) is: 12612 days

12612 = 6306 + 6306

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) is: 6306 days



From 4/30/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) to 9/13/1993 ( filming begins 1994 movie "Princess Caraboo," starring my wife ) is: 593 weeks, 3 days

'59-33' ( my birth date US )



http://www.inbaseline.com/project.aspx?project_id=130606

Princess Caraboo (1994)


Completed shooting November 9, 1993.

Began shooting September 13, 1993.


Based on an actual incident, the story of a beautiful young woman who appeared in 19th-century London wearing foreign clothes and speaking a foreign language, and was deemed by experts to be a princess from an exotic island.


Phoebe Cates : Princess Caraboo










From 5/2/1969 ( first voyage RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 3732 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/21/1969 ( my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) is: 3732 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_2

Launched: 20 September 1967

Christened: 20 September 1967

by Queen Elizabeth II

Maiden voyage: 2 May 1969


RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) is a Cunard Line ocean liner named after the earlier Cunard liner RMS Queen Elizabeth, which in turn was named after Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the Queen consort of George VI. She was the flagship of the line from 1969 until succeeded by RMS Queen Mary 2 in 2004. Built in Clydebank, Scotland, she was considered the last of the great transatlantic ocean liners prior to the construction of the QM2.










http://www.cswap.com/1981/Superman_II/cap/en/25fps/a/01_05

Superman II


1:05:33
MUST BE TOUGH BEING
CLARK KENT, ISN'T IT?

1:05:37
NO, I REALLY...

1:05:38
I REALLY LIKE IT
SOMETIMES,


1:05:44
IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIM,
I WOULDN'T HAVE MET YOU.

1:05:51
BUT...

1:05:53
HE IS YOU.

1:05:55
IT'S KIND OF CONFUSING.

1:05:58
NOT TO ME.










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 607 days

From 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) to 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 607 days





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_12

Launch: November 11, 1966
Landing: November 15, 1966

Gemini 12 (officially Gemini XII) was a 1966 manned spaceflight in NASA's Gemini program.










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_46

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


:46:57
I sent a letter to Doug today.
Can't wait 'til he gets out here.

:47:01
- What's Doug doing in Chicago?
- He works for the airline.
You'll meet him.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Aircraft

The Douglas Aircraft Company was an American aerospace manufacturer, based in Long Beach, California. It was founded in 1921 by Donald Wills Douglas, Sr. and later merged with the McDonnell Aircraft in 1967 to form McDonnell Douglas.

During World War II, Douglas joined the BVD (Boeing-Vega-Douglas) consortium to produce the B-17 Flying Fortress.

A-4 Skyhawk (1954)





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas

McDonnell Douglas was a major American aerospace manufacturer and defense contractor, producing a number of famous commercial and military aircraft.

Through the years, McDonnell Douglas also produced many successful military aircraft, including the F-15 Eagle (1974) and the F/A-18 Hornet (1975)










From 11/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 11/14/1974 ( U.S. Air Force F-15 Eagle enters active duty and I was F-15 Eagle test pilot ) is 59 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

'59-34' ( my birth date UK )



From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 2/6/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 1377 days

From 2/6/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 11/14/1974 ( U.S. Air Force F-15 Eagle enters active duty and I was F-15 Eagle test pilot ) is: 1377 days



From 11/14/1974 ( U.S. Air Force F-15 Eagle enters active duty and I was F-15 Eagle test pilot ) to 7/16/1981 ( my wife ) is: 2436 days

2436 = 1218 + 1218

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1218 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_in_aviation

This is a list of aviation-related events from 1974:

Entered service

November 14 - F-15 Eagle with the 555th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron at Luke AFB










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4560&st=&st1=

235 - Remarks on Accepting the F-15 Aircraft for the United States Air Force at Luke Air Force Base, Arizona.

November 14th, 1974


Governor Williams, Senator Fannin, Congressman John Rhodes, General Jones General Dixon, General Haeffner, Mr. McDonnell, Mr. Graft, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen:

This is the month of the pioneer in America. It is the month of the Mayflower and of our earliest settlers. And this is the day of a new pioneer, a pioneer of the skies, a pioneer of peace: the F-15 fighter.

According to history, there were 102 passengers on the Mayflower when it crossed the Atlantic. The crossing from England to the new world took more than 2 months, and the end of the journey was freedom. The F-15 can fly across the same Atlantic in a matter of hours. The end of its journey is still the one of the Mayflower more than 350 years ago--freedom.

That is what really matters, the purpose of a journey, and I am here today to underscore to you and to the world that this great aircraft was constructed by the American people in the pursuit of peace. Our only aim with all of this aircraft's new maneuverability, speed, and power is the defense of freedom.

I would rather walk a thousand miles for peace than to have to take a single step for war.

I am here to congratulate you: the United States Air Force, McDonnell Douglas, Pratt and Whitney, all of the many contractors and workers who participated in this very, very successful effort, as well as the pilots who have so diligently flight-tested the F-15 Eagle. All of you can underline my feeling that we are still pilgrims on this Earth, and there still is a place for pioneers in America today.

The challenges involving our country here at home and abroad, we all recognize, are enormous. But I am confident that the F-15 and your example here today is that this Nation is a nation of limitless horizons. There is no boundary to the energy, the ingenuity of the American people. Frankly, that is why we will whip inflation, conquer our energy problems, and win the battle to make a stable economy.

It is the job of all of us, it is our job, in this last quarter century of the 20th century, to prepare our country for leadership in the 21st century. And we can do this by economic strength at home and by peaceful partners abroad. These are my aims, my goals, and the goals of America now and in the future.

As I said in a Thanksgiving message [Proclamation 4333] which I made just a few days ago, and I quote: Let us pray for the courage, resourcefulness, and sense of purpose we will need to continue America's saga of progress and to be worthy of the Pilgrim spirit. May we, too, find the strength and the vision to leave behind us a better world and an example that will inspire future generations to new accomplishments.

So I say to you, congratulations, best wishes to all who had any part whatsoever in this great accomplishment. It will serve the purpose of freedom and peace for a generation and more.

Thank you very, very much.










From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as a jet pilot ) to 7/27/1972 ( I was test pilot for the F-15 Eagle fighter jet ) is: 1914 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1914 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15_Eagle

27 July 1972

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is an all-weather tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It was developed for the U.S. Air Force, and first flew in July 1972. The F-15E Strike Eagle derivative is an all-weather strike fighter that entered service in 1989.


http://www.boeing.com/history/mdc/eagle.htm

F-15 Eagle Tactical Fighter

July 27, 1972










"they were called 'test pilots' and no one knew their names"





The Right Stuff (1983)


57 HISTP: Sunday, March 2 9:00 AM

1983, PG, ***1/2, 03:13, Color, English, United States,

The selection and training of the first U.S. astronauts take place amid political maneuvering and media hype.

Cast: Sam Shepard, Scott Glenn, Ed Harris Director(s): Philip Kaufman Producer(s): Robert Chartoff, Irwin Winkler Executive Producer(s): James D. Brubaker










From 6/12/1968 ( ) to 9/15/2006 ( premiere UK film "The Queen" ) is 3 days, 459 months

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )



From 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 9/15/2006 ( premiere UK film "The Queen" ) is: 12331 days

12331 = 1 + 6165 + 6165

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 1/19/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies ) is: 6165 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Queen (2006)

UK 15 September 2006










From 6/12/1968 ( ) to 5/3/1975 ( USS Nimitz CVN 68 commissioned )(Saturday) is: 3 days, 359 weeks

'33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 5/3/1975 ( USS Nimitz CVN 68 commissioned )(Saturday) is: 3095 days

3095 = 1 + 1547 + 1547

From 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 2/5/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 1547 days


http://www.navysite.de/cvn/cvn68.html

USS Nimitz (CVN 68)

USS NIMITZ is the first ship in the NIMITZ - class of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and the first ship in the Navy named after Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz.

Commissioned: May 3, 1975



http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN68.htm

USS NIMITZ (CVN 68)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Commission Date: 05/03/1975










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_W._Nimitz

Fleet Admiral Chester William Nimitz, USN, GCB (February 24, 1885 – February 20, 1966) was the Commander-in-Chief of Pacific Naval Forces ("C-in-C Pac" pronounced "sink-pack") for the United States and Allied forces during World War II. He was the United States' leading authority on submarines, as well as Chief of the Navy's Bureau of Navigation in 1939. He was his country's last surviving Fleet Admiral.


On December 15, 1947, he retired from office of Chief of Naval Operations. However, since the rank of Fleet Admiral is a lifetime appointment, he remained on active duty for the rest of his life, with full pay and benefits.


USS Nimitz, the first of her class of ten nuclear-powered supercarriers, which was commissioned in 1975 and remains in service.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Annapolis

I wonder why I had that dream a while back where I was talking to Fleet Admiral Nimitz? I can't remember what we were talking about. I remember that I was still thinking of myself as a former PO2 back during the time of the dream. I wonder if it was a clue to get me thinking about the USS Ronald Reagan, which I think is a Nimitz-class. Maybe it means that I am on track to become a Fleet Admiral myself someday. Although, I don't know, I need to look this up, but I think they only award that 5th star for extraordinary circumstances. In my current memory, I know only of that one 5-star and that was because of WW2.


I had a dream last night about something but I can only remember one detail. There were 5 Medals of Honor hanging near me and someone said they were mine. That would be consistent with other thoughts I have had for a while and could be the 5 stars from that dream where I was talking to Nimitz. But I still don't actually remember any specific details. It's hard to say what I actually remember. I seem to remember something, but I don't consciously remember anything from my real life.










From 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) to 11/9/1985 ( Prince of Wales and Princess of Wales at White House ) is: 4492 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38040&st=&st1=

Toasts at a White House Dinner for the Prince and Princess of Wales

November 9th, 1985

The President. Your Royal Highnesses, Sir Oliver and Lady Wright, and Ambassador and Mrs. Price, ladies and gentlemen, Nancy and I are deeply honored to welcome the Prince and Princess of Wales to the White House. Permit me to add our congratulations to Prince Charles on his birthday, just 5 days away, and express also our great happiness that we have been able to have this affair with Princess Diana, here on her first trip to the United States—that we should be able to share in that first trip.

In his 1941 address before a Joint Session of the United States Congress, Prime Minister Churchill remarked, "I cannot help reflecting that if my father had been American and my mother British, instead of the other way around, I might have got here on my own." [Laughter] But Your Royal Highnesses, the reception you've received here suggests that if you had been American, you might well have gotten to this house on your own. [Laughter]

Our two countries are bound together by innumerable ties of ancient history and present friendship. Our language, our law, our democratic system of government, our fierce belief in the God-given right of men to be free—all of these we owe to you. We've stood together through two great world conflicts. Today we go on, shoulder to shoulder, in an alliance to protect freedom and democracy.

This evening we've gathered on a happy occasion, a celebration of the "Treasure Houses of Britain," perhaps the most magnificent exhibition ever mounted and five centuries of British achievement, five centuries of elegance, beauty, and charm; I should add, wit. When Nancy and I toured the exhibition, we were struck by a settee from Balmoral Castle, constructed almost entirely of deer antlers. I've been wondering ever since whether something like that could be done with cattle horns out on the ranch. [Laughter] But one misadventure in the corral one day has taught me that it might be more painful than pleasant, so— [laughter] . The "Treasure Houses of Britain" truly is a great gift from the houses' owners, the British people, and you, the exhibition's patrons. I speak for all Americans when I say a heartfelt "thank you."

Your Royal Highnesses, in the eyes of my countrymen, you and your family hold a place of high honor; your devotion to duty commands our esteem. Americans join our British cousins in looking upon you with affection and respect. And in that same 1941 address, Winston Churchill said: "It is not given to us to peer into the future. Still I avow my hope and faith, sure and inviolate, that in the days to come, the British and American people will, for their own safety and for the good of all, walk together in majesty, in justice, and in peace." And today that noble hope is a glorious reality.

Would you please join me in a toast to Her Majesty, the Queen. To the Queen.

Prince Charles. Mr. President, Mrs. Reagan, ladies and gentlemen, if I may say so, Mr. President, you really have touched both my wife and myself most deeply this evening by your extremely kind words. And we can't possibly, both of us, thank you enough for your immense hospitality and your great kindness in having us here this evening and in making us feel so unbelievably welcome.

I would think one of the most marvelous things about coming to the United States is that you have this extraordinary gift for making people feel welcome. And apart from the friendliness with which you greet everybody, it really does warm the heart to come here and be made to feel welcome. I can't tell you what it means to us both. It really does. As you know, we've flown in hesitant stages from Australia and tried to stop on the way in order to regain our strength. And all that's happened is we're suffering terribly from jet lag. [Laughter] And I've yet to discover a foolproof method for actually getting one over the problems of this particular affliction.

However, we are greatly looking forward to the opportunity of seeing this exhibition, the "Treasure Houses of Britain," which we are both very proud to be patrons of. And we hear from all sides just how stupendous this particular exhibition is. I think if you go and look at most of the country houses in Britain at the moment, you'll find them completely empty— [laughter] —of all the furniture and pictures, some emptier than others and, no doubt, with rather dirty marks on the walls where the pictures were. I only hope that they manage to get them all back in the right place at the right time. [Laughter]

I'm also very much looking forward, myself, to going to the Congress Library on Monday and discussing something about the Constitution, of which I know you celebrate the bicentenary in 1987. And I was very intrigued to discover that of the 55 delegates that came to the Federal convention in 1787, nearly all of them were in their thirties, which just goes to show what an extremely good age the mid-thirties is. [Laughter] I keep telling myself that because you reminded me about my birthday, and I'm not sure I need reminding. [Laughter]

I would also just like to say that coming, as we have, down from Australia, it is one of the more interesting aspects, I think, of the pioneering spirit of the English-speaking peoples. That here were two great continents—Australia and the United States of America, the former having developed about 150 years later than this great country-and in many ways there are similarities between the two. And I think that one of the things that becomes most obvious about Australia and America is that personal independence becomes a very dominant feature, particularly, I think, in American life. And one Englishman observed in 1796 that Americans tend to pass their lives without any regard to the smiles or frowns of men in power. However, in your case, Mr. President, I'm sure it's completely different.

So, if I may, finally, again say what an enormous pleasure it gives both of us to be here and how proud we are to be able to represent Britain here in America. As you say, it does, I think, emphasize the very strong links that do exist between our two countries—always have done, and I'm sure always will. And in the end, that bond between our two peoples is one of the most important and enduring features of this Earth.
Mr. President, thank you very much.

Note: The President spoke at 10:09 p.m. in the State Dining Room at the White House. In his opening remarks, he referred to Sir Oliver Wright, British Ambassador to the United States, and Charles H. Price II, U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom.










From 4/21/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 9/30/2006 ( premiere US movie "The Queen" ) is 34 years, 5 months, 9 days

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Queen (2006)

USA 30 September 2006










From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) to 11/17/2006 ( premiere US movie "The Queen" ) is 1 day, 3 weeks, 359 months

'1-33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) to 11/17/2006 ( premiere US movie "The Queen" ) is 5 days, 9 months, 33 years

'59-33' ( my birth date US )



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) to 11/17/2006 ( premiere US movie "The Queen" ) is: 12331 days

12331 = 1 + 6165 + 6165

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 1/19/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies ) is: 6165 days


http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=queen.htm

THE QUEEN

Release Dates: September 30, 2006 (limited)

November 17, 2006 (wide)










From 7/26/1945 ( Helen Mirren ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 7171 days

7171 = 1 + 3585 + 3585

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 12/25/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) is: 3585 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000545/

Helen Mirren
Date of Birth: 26 July 1945

The Queen (2006) .... The Queen
Elizabeth I (2005) (TV) .... Queen Elizabeth I










From 1/6/1934 ( Sylvia Syms ) to 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) is 5 days, 9 months, 34 years

'59-34' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0843401/

Sylvia Syms
Date of Birth: 6 January 1934
The Queen (2006) .... Queen Mother










From 4/20/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut landing on the Earth's moon ) to 5/13/1987 ( while an active duty U.S. Navy officer, my M.I.A. status in Africa ends and I am being transported home ) is: 5501 days

From 5/13/1987 ( while an active duty U.S. Navy officer, my M.I.A. status in Africa ends and I am being transported home ) to 6/4/2002 ( premiere TV movie "Bertie and Elizabeth" ) is: 5501 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310733/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Bertie and Elizabeth (2002) (TV)

UK 4 June 2002










From 2/20/1958 ( James Wilby ) to 2/6/1964 ( I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) is: 2177 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 2177 days



From 2/20/1958 ( James Wilby ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 3190 days

3190 = 1595 + 1595

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1595 days



From 2/20/1958 ( James Wilby ) to 4/20/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut landing on the Earth's moon ) is: 5173 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is: 5173 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0928134/

James Wilby
Date of Birth: 20 February 1958
Bertie and Elizabeth (2002) (TV) .... King George VI, aka 'Bertie'










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 9/15/1976 ( Elisabeth Dermot Walsh ) is: 6405 days

6405 = 1 + 3202 + 3202

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/21/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 3202 days



From 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) to 9/15/1976 ( Elisabeth Dermot Walsh ) is: 4602 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) is: 4602 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0220457/

Elisabeth Dermot Walsh
Date of Birth: 15 September 1976
Bertie and Elizabeth (2002) (TV) .... Princess Elizabeth










From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 3/14/2004 ( premiere UK TV "Gunpowder, Treason & Plot" ) is: 12864 days

12864 = 6432 + 6432

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 10/11/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies, approved by President Gerald Ford ) is: 6432 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377184/

Gunpowder, Treason & Plot (2004) (TV)

Release Date: 14 March 2004 (UK)


Plot: Mini series depicting the turbulent and bloody reigns of Scottish monarchs Mary, Queen of Scots and her son King James VI of Scotland who became King James I of England and foiled the Gunpowder Plot.










This reminds me of the recent "Battlestar Galactica" where "Rosalyn" finds herself in some kind of hyper-accelerated reality and she comments how quiet are her surroundings.



"Finnegan." I was just thinking the other day about that plot element of this episode. As "Captain Kirk" comments, you never know where he is going to strike next.



The Tiger and the princess-to-be.





Star Trek (Repeat)

51 TVLANDP: Wednesday, June 11 6:00 AM

Science fiction, Fantasy

Shore Leave

Shore leave on an idyllic world goes awry when Enterprise crew members find the fruits of their imaginations coming to life.

Cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Majel Barrett Director(s): Robert Sparr Executive Producer(s): Gene Roddenberry

Original Air Date: Dec 29, 1966