Monday, June 16, 2008

Who Killed the Red Baron? (2003)





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SH-3D_66_Apollo10.jpg

Image:SH-3D 66 Apollo10.jpg

The Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King helicopter of Helicopter Anti-submarine squadron 4 (HS-4) hovers over the command module Charlie Brown of Apollo 10 on 29 May 1969 (location 15°2'S 164°39'W). HS-4 was deployed on the USS Princeton (LPH-5).










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Princeton_%28CV-37%29

The fifth USS Princeton (CV-37) (also CVA-37, CVS-37, LPH-5) was a United States Navy Essex-class aircraft carrier (later refit into a Boxer-class amphibious assault ship LPH).


In December, she returned to the United States and in April 1969 she was designated the prime recovery ship for Apollo 10, the lunar mission which paved the way for Apollo 11 and the first landing on the Moon.










From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/21/1969 ( my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) is 10 years, 79 days





From 5/21/1969 ( my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 3713 days

From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 9/19/1989 ( premiere TV series "Doogie Howser, M.D." ) is: 3713 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogie_Howser

Original run September 19, 1989 – March 24, 1993

Doogie Howser, M.D. (1989–1993), is a television comedy-drama starring Neil Patrick Harris as a brilliant teenage doctor who was also faced with the problems of being a normal teenager, despite having graduated from Princeton University at age 10. Created by Steven Bochco and David E. Kelley, the weekly, half-hour "dramedy" Doogie Howser, M.D. starred Neil Patrick Harris as Douglas "Doogie" Howser, a child prodigy who after completing high school in nine weeks, graduating from Princeton at age 10 and finishing medical school four years later, became at the tender age of 14 the youngest practicing physician in the country.










Frank Borman was talking in the recent installment of "When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions" about how cold it was sitting there in the Apollo 8 spacecraft Command Module waiting for the launch for the Moon in December 1968.

Buzz Aldrin talks in the episode about how the geology training in preparation for Apollo 11 seemed to him "make believe" and a "charade" for the cameras.

Later still, the part about Apollo 13 describes that the spacecraft temperature on the Apollo 13 was down to about 34 degrees F.






When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions (New)

16 DSCP: Sunday, June 15 9:00 PM

Science, History

The Explorers

NASA rebounds from the Apollo 1 tragedy with missions into deep space and the moon.


Original Air Date: Jun 15, 2008





When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions (New)

16 DSCP: Sunday, June 15 11:00 PM

Science, History

Landing the Eagle

NASA lands Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon.


Original Air Date: Jun 15, 2008










I think to myself again about how I would have been limited in how far I could take those lines for Phoebe's character but I wanted to create something for her that I would later recognize and while it keeping it far enough away from my original experience with Apollo 8 that it would not be recognizable to everyone. And who could guess that is what it meant unless you knew that I did it?









http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)



Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:28:21 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Sleep journal 3/19/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"

Yesterday was some kind of foreign dream that was more of an emotion than a visualization. I couldn't remember any of the details although I felt like I had been seeing details. All I remembered was feeling like it was something intense, there was some intensity to the communication, almost overwhelming like a very strong and clear signal on a radio. After I woke up, I could only characterize the message as positive.

Today the first foreign dream wasn't too clear either. It had something to do with me, someother characters, and something about the stars. We were under the stars, or we were talking to the stars. I can visualize the sky with the stars but they may have also been a metaphor for people. Then I left somewhere and there was something about a goose, not sure what that meant, maybe something to do with staying meant something about a cooked goose.

The second foreign dream had a lot of detail. I was sitting on a bus with someone that I knew but I don't know who it was. It may have been Britney Spears but that makes no sense. I was sitting next to her and she was someone that I had lived with before, someone I had a relationship with, like a girlfriend. I was getting off the bus to a place I was staying that I don't recognize from anyplace I've been in real life. She asked me if I was really staying there, she may have commented that it was amazing I was staying there, or someone else said that. Apparently, it was the same place she and I had lived during our relationship. It was some kind of little travel trailer. A young woman was letting me stay there. I was taking up a little open seat or bench in a hallway of the trailer. I had a little storage bin to put my stuff in.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AstroVan

The AstroVan is a NASA vehicle used to transport astronauts to the launch pad before a launch mission. The current model, a modified Airstream Excella motorhome, has been in use since the beginning of the Space Shuttle program in 1981. Similar models have been used since the beginning of the space program.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:STS-116_Boarding_%28NASA_STS116-S-006%29_2006-Dec-09.jpg










Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe. That would be sweet!










I am thinking that the 2-star admiral that was captured was me. I write these memories from the perspective of my career that has multiple identities. Some people knew I have been an admiral since 1976 but then most people only knew about my military rank, and my secret cover identity, associated with my U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 graduation.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 31, 2006

I've been thinking for a while that the dreams I have are literal. They are the foreign dreams I used to write, the dreams produced by the manipulators of my thoughts. Don't know what to say about that last one. Jumbled, disturbing, painful. Somebody put in a lot of effort to make me forget those memories, if it is real. There was a scene there straight out the opening of "Saving Private Ryan" except that it seemed to be in the Middle East. And it was something like a pyramid I was running into, and I was by myself and every gun, there were countless guns, was turning towards me. It was sort of like a pyramid I was rushing onto, except that it was elogated, like a castle wall. In another scene, a two-star general or admiral was captured by the enemy. Back in the stretched-pyramid, I was fighting off an attack. Grenades were flying in on me, but I don't recall them going off. Then, I and some of my fellow soldiers seemed to be cleaning the place. A lot of other stuff that is fading from my mind. I feel sad, very sad.



It wasn't so much a pyramid, although I keep wanting to call it that, than a very high wall. But it seemed sloped liked the side of the pyramid. It was actually more like a wall, where the enemy resided all along the top, shooting downwards. I managed to get to the top and then fought off a counter-assault of enemy troops. Not sure if I batted away the hand grenades they were throwing or they just didn't go off or they did go off but I wasn't seriously wounded or some combination of all three.


I may have had one of the dreams about home again last night. I don't actually remember having that dream last night, but I am thinking of it today. It seems to be one of the dreams I had long ago. A memory of a dream, which seems unusal.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 31, 2006


For some reason, I keep forgetting to think about the finer points of my latest blog entry. There must be a reason for that.


Maybe I am the two-star admiral in that dream. It has something to do with me in the present and in the past. I was probably a LT in 1986 when I was captured. I guess they are telling me I have two-stars now. For most of the morning though, after waking up, not sure how long I slept, didn’t seem to be long, I have been have expecting someone to show up to take me and my luggage to Bremerton for debrief. It would be nice to get to wear the uniform again.

No one has shown up though and I don’t know where that apparently false suggestion came from.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/14/2006 11:22 PM

It’s true. It’s all true. I have these moments sometimes when I know absolutely that it is all true. I am on active duty with the U.S. Navy. That period in 1986 and 1987 was when I was a POW and then escaped. It was The Great Escape. It’s all true. I just can’t actually remember any of it.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/21/2006 7:57 PM

All of this stuff is true. It must be true. I am finding myself thinking again about a dream I wrote about. Something about me scaling the side of some very tall concrete structure. I imagine standing there on a beach looking up at it not unlike the opening sequence of “Saving Private Ryan.” Maybe it was a dam. I had to scale up the side and eliminate the guards so we could take control of it and they were throwing hand grenades at me as I was climbing up.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/2/2006 6:55 PM

Hell, all that “dream manipulation” stuff might be nothing at all. It is just how I am attempting to explain how my damaged brain is trying to remember the past. When I sleep, there is some mechanism to my mind that is trying to rewire my brain and recover my forgotten life.










This reminds me of something I was thinking again about yesterday. Some or most or all of my memory before a certain point, in 1998 probably, was formed while my brain operated with a certain chemical balance, or even imbalance. My memory problems today represent a change to that balance.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/7/2006 12:36 PM
It is probably a symptom of amnesia that you think you have an implant in my head that can somehow produce thoughts in your mind. The thoughts are actually be produced by the part of my mind that is Thomas Ray. I just don’t understand where those thoughts are coming from because if I understood then I wouldn’t have amnesia. When I begin to understand why I have those “foreign dreams,” then I will be able to recognize my real idientity and the associated personality. It is still there as instinct, I just don’t recognize that aspect of my mind. The closest analogy is that it is a book written in invisible ink, but that doesn’t quite cover what I am trying to explain.










But this was all necessary. My memory was suppressed for a particular and that reason is the basis for my official United States federal undercover identity. My assignment is to give the rats a chance to think the cat is away, so to speak.

If you have the obligation to follow my direct and lawful orders, which I have clearly stated, and you do not follow my orders, then you can expect reprisal in the form of judicial punishment from me. That is guaranteed. Your excuses have no weight on the punishment you will receive from the United States judiciary, as decided by me.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_amnesia

Source amnesia is an explicit memory disorder in which someone can recall certain information, but do not know where or how it was obtained.

The disorder is particularly episodic, where source or contextual information surrounding facts are severely distorted or unable to be recalled.



Daniel Schacter and Endel Tulving have each proposed that memory for facts is differentiated from memory for context.



Source amnesia has the ability to alter one's confidence in their memory encoded in differing conditions (i.e. conscious state or in dreaming), as in memory distrust syndrome, an inclusive disorder.



As source amnesia prohibits recollection of the context specific information surrounding facts in experienced events, there is also the inclusive case of confusion concerning the content or context of events, a highly attributable factor to confabulation in brain disease. Such confusion was termed memory distrust syndrome by Gudjonsson and MacKeith.

A condition similar to source amnesia sometimes occurs in dreams, when the dreamer has some knowledge about details of the imaginary environment but has no idea where they learned this information.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/18/2006 5:39 PM

When I was asleep earlier today, I had that dream again about that house in Country Club Estates. The difference in this dream though was that I never actually saw the house, it was just the location that seemed familiar. And there was a lot of activity going on around me lot. I had several tasks to complete and one of those was to use a shovel to level an area of ground that someone was complaining about. Later I was pushing a wheelbarrow with the dirt down a slope of a hill to dump at the edge of my property. A small stream had formed from water that was running down hill from the house next to my property. I dumped the dirt into the stream and it seemed to block the stream. Then I had to move some sections of a tree that had been cut down with a chainsaw. I could see several houses from my property and there was construction at everyone of them I can remember seeing. At least two of the houses had their exteriors ripped and were being replaced. I can remember seeing one other lot where a concrete foundation had been poured for a new house. After I woke up I had a new detail in my mind. I have written several times about my “memories” of working for Donald Mills and his Mills Store in Wilton, AR. Mills Store may represent my time as a Midshipsman and the name “Mills” most likely is a reference to ‘military.” The new detail I discovered is in his name “Donald.” It is a reference to D.O.N., or Department of Navy.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/20/2006 9:57 AM

http://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11.html
http://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/as11-40-5903HR.jpg

AS11-40-5903

No other Apollo photograph has been reproduced as often as this portrait of Buzz. Neil is, of course, visible in reflection on Buzz's visor.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/20/2006 10:32 AM

As I was looking at the photo of the astronaut standing there in that shallow depression, I remembered that dream I had the other night about the lot I used to own on Country Club Estates. I mention digging up some dirt after someone complained and then hauling it away in a wheelbarrow. Looking that photo, it looks exactly like a mental picture I have of that dream the other night.





http://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11.html

http://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5903HR.jpg


AS11-40-5903 (OF300)

110:42:14 Neil has moved to the MESA. No other Apollo photograph has been reproduced as often as this portrait of Buzz.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 23, 2006


Interesting. I had forgotten that Hawaii became a state in 1959. That is the year I assume I was born, which also would mean it was still a territory at the time I was born, if that is where I was born. I am thinking I was born there or England. Or I was born in California. I don't know. Hell, I could have been born on Mars for all I know.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0108204.html
Entered Union (rank): Aug. 21, 1959 (50)





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 15, 2006


I had the strongest notion come over me early this morning that I have actually walked on the moon. At first, I was thinking it was in 1995. Then I started thinking it was actually in 1994, possibly July.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 16, 2006

For the past few hours, not if before or after I took a nap this afternoon, I have started thinking that I was on the Apollo 11 flight too. At ten years old, I was the secret crewmember of Apollo 11 to the moon. Crazy. At this rate, by tomorrow, they'll have me believing that I was born on Mars. By the next day, that I really used to be Superman, but renounced my super powers in order to live as a mortal.



And if they could have put me on the moon as a ten-year-old, who's to say they didn't put me on Mars when I was 15?

As soon as I thought that, I started thinking about watching the Viking images from Mars in 1976.


Who knows. Maybe Viking was the cover story for a manned-mission to Mars and I was on it.


I'm not sure how long this has been going on, because I don't think I've written about it for various reasons, but I have been having a lot of thoughts about me on the surface of Mars. But my thoughts have been always about the future, as though it was something I could expect to do in the future.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/13/2006 8:58 AM

The majority of people associated with that Viking 1 project didn’t know there was a human aspect to the mission, and of those that did, the majority of them didn’t know about the trip out to Saturn. We used the Viking craft as a relay station for my transmissions back to Earth while outbound to Saturn. If someone on the Mars manned mission got wise and checked the direction of my signal, it would always appear to be coming from the Viking spacecraft. We probably used solar activity to explain some other anomalies.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/13/2006 10:44 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion

Project Orion was the first serious attempt to design a nuclear pulse rocket. The design effort was carried out at General Atomics in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Orion reacted small directional nuclear explosives against a large steel pusher plate attached to the spacecraft with shock absorbers. Efficient directional explosives maximized the momentum transfer, leading to specific impulses in the range of 6,000 seconds (about twelve times that of the SSME). With refinements a theoretical maximum of 100,000 seconds (1 MN·s/kg) might be possible. Thrusts were in the millions of short tonnes, allowing spacecraft larger than 8×106 short tonnes to be built with 1958 materials.

The reference design was to be constructed of steel using submarine-style construction with a crew of more than 200 and a vehicle takeoff weight of several thousand tonnes. This low-tech single-stage reference design would reach Mars and back in four weeks from the Earth's surface (compare to 12 months for NASA's current chemically-powered reference mission). The same craft could visit Saturn's moons in a seven-month mission (compare to chemically-powered missions of about nine years).





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/17/2006 3:57 PM

The thought occurred to me the other day, yesterday I think, that the primary purpose of the Orion spacecraft was to send me to the outer solar system to destroy or deflect a comet or asteroid that was threatening Earth.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_10


Apollo 10 was the fourth manned mission in the Apollo program. The mission included the second crew to orbit the Moon, and the test of the lunar module in lunar orbit. The module came to within 8.4 nautical miles (15.6 km) of the lunar surface during practice maneuvers. According to the 2001 Guinness World Records Apollo 10 has the record for the highest speed attained by a manned vehicle: 39,897 km/h (11.08 km/s or 24,791 mph). The speed record was set during the return from the Moon on 26 May 1969.

While not included in the official mission logo, due to the use of their names as callsigns, the Peanuts characters Charlie Brown and Snoopy became semi-official mascots for the mission. Peanuts creator Charles Schulz also drew some special mission-related artwork for NASA.


On May 22, 1969 at 20:35:02 UTC, a 27.4 second LM descent propulsion system burn inserted the LM into a descent orbit of 112.8 km by 15.7 km so that the resulting lowest point in the orbit occurred about 15° from lunar landing site 2 (the Apollo 11 landing site). The lowest measured point in the trajectory was 15.6 km above the lunar surface at 21:29:43 UTC.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoopy

Snoopy has been known by fans as a time traveler in which his most famous alter-ego is as the World War I Flying Ace, often seen battling his arch-enemy, Manfred von Richthofen (the Red Baron). For this, he would climb to the top of his doghouse, don goggles and a scarf (trailing behind in the "wind"), and thus fly his Sopwith Camel (the type of plane flown by Arthur "Roy" Brown, who was credited with shooting down the Red Baron in World War I, and whose surname matches that of Snoopy's owner) and travel all the way back to July 27, 1914 the day World War I began. The Red Baron, like other adult figures in Peanuts, was never drawn in a strip; his presence was indicated through the bullet holes that would riddle the doghouse in a dogfight, and Snoopy's angry outbursts in German: (usually accompanied by fist-shaking while his "Sopwith Camel" doghouse plummets to earth trailing smoke).










From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) is: 1134 days

From 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 7/28/1971 ( premiere US movie "The Red Baron" ) is: 1134 days



From 7/28/1971 ( premiere US movie "The Red Baron" ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 1803 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) is 1803 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067658/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Red Baron (1971)

USA 28 July 1971 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067658/

The Red Baron (1971)

Plot Outline: The story of Manfred von Richtofen, the german air ace during the World War I and his truggle with the enemy aces and some jealous german officers.










From 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting comet in the outer solar system ) to 10/7/2003 ( premiere US TV movie "Who Killed the Red Baron?" ) is: 9672 days

9672 = 4836 + 4836

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 10/11/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies, approved by President Gerald Ford ) is: 4836 days



From 4/30/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) to 10/7/2003 ( premiere US TV movie "Who Killed the Red Baron?" ) is: 7830 days

7830 = 3915 + 3915

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3915 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395810/

Who Killed the Red Baron? (2003) (TV)

Release Date: 7 October 2003 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395810/#comment

Who Killed the Red Baron? (2003) (TV)


User Comments

For A Brief Shining Moment, 21 February 2004


Though I grew up with a biography in my father's library of the Red Baron, I just merely glanced at the cover, viewing the sly smile of the young bald man, no doubt a pin up of his age. This documentary allowed me to learn what I had missed by not turning the covers of that book. Born into minor Prussian nobility, this hunter born crosses the threshold of the old world into the new mechanized war of a dawning 20th century in which machine was superior to man's prowess. Manfred von Richtoffen managed to briefly live in that twilight between two clashing ideas. This hour film investigates how the most famous aviator of that war died, and the deepening foreboding he felt towards the end of his own existence. Surely he knew evitably the dog fight hunter would become the hunted and breaking the rules of his recorded thoughts on warfare certainly sealed his fate, as the 80 planes he brought down in combat. I applaud the filmmakers for not mentioning that a young Herman Goering served in that same squadron. It could have easily exploited that angle in a tawdry fashion but sticks to the basic premise sequestered in the title. In the end, it really doesn't matter who killed the Red Baron, though the filmmakers really bring forth a strong case. What really matters is that young men die -- and those who serve in air are no immune to the horrific legacy of brutal combat than the infantrymen on the ground.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stephenson

Sir William Samuel Stephenson, CC, MC, DFC, (January 23, 1897 – January 31, 1989) was a Canadian soldier, airman, businessperson, inventor, spymaster, and the senior representative of British intelligence for the entire western hemisphere during World War II. Stephenson is best-known by his wartime intelligence codename of Intrepid. Some consider him to be one of the real-life inspirations for James Bond.

"James Bond is a highly romanticized version of a true spy. The real thing is...William Stephenson." --Ian Fleming, The Times, October 21, 1962.


Stephenson was born on January 11, 1896 in the Point Douglas area of Winnipeg, Manitoba (Other sources say January 23, 1897). He left school at a young age. In 1916 he volunteered for the 101st Battalion (Winnipeg Light Infantry), CEF. He earned a field promotion to Sergeant and a medal for battling in the trenches before he turned 21. While recovering from being gassed in 1916, Stephenson learned to fly and then transferred to the British Royal Flying Corps on August 16, 1917. Posted to 73 Squadron on February 9, 1918, Stephenson flew the British Sopwith Camel fighter biplane and scored twelve victories, among them was Lothar von Richthofen, the younger brother of the famous Red Baron, before he was shot down and captured by the Germans on July 28, 1918.










From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) to 6/12/1995 ( premiere TV episode "Biography, Red Baron: Master of the Air" ) is: 8077 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/14/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 8077 days



From 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted the comet in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) to 6/12/1995 ( premiere TV episode "Biography, Red Baron: Master of the Air" ) is: 6919 days

6919 = 1 + 3459 + 3459

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393021/

"Biography"

Red Baron: Master of the Air (1995)

Original Air Date: 12 June 1995










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/9/1972 ( "The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie, The Red Baron" ) is: 3434 days

3434 = 1717 + 1717

From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) to 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1717 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504355/

"The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie"

The Red Baron (1972)

Original Air Date: 9 December 1972










From 1/29/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) to 11/18/1972 ( "The New Scooby-Doo Movies, The Ghost of the Red Baron" ) is: 3 days, 459 weeks

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )



From 11/18/1972 ( "The New Scooby-Doo Movies, The Ghost of the Red Baron" ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 2436 days

2436 = 1218 + 1218

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 1218 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059014/

"The New Scooby-Doo Movies"

The Ghost of the Red Baron (1972)

Original Air Date: 18 November 1972 (Season 1, Episode 11)










From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) to 12/18/2002 ( "Unsolved History, The Death of the Red Baron" )(Wednesday) is 5 days, 9 weeks, 34 years

'59-34' ( my birth date UK )



From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 12/18/2002 ( "Unsolved History, The Death of the Red Baron" )(Wednesday) is: 5629 days

5629 = 1 + 2814 + 2814

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 2814 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351925/

"Unsolved History"

The Death of the Red Baron (2002)

Original Air Date: 18 December 2002 (Season 1, Episode 9)










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_19

Flight of the Intruder


:19:14
I know a lot about you.

:19:15
Well, I'm glad, sir,

:19:17
because I know a lot
about you, too.

:19:20
Everybody in the Navy
knows about you, sir.

:19:22
Yeah?

:19:23
What about me?

:19:26
That you're a legend, sir.

:19:28
Then that makes two of us.

:19:30
And sometimes that can
be a bad influence on others.

:19:33
I'll try and fit in, sir.

:19:36
That's my job.

:19:37
Make sure you do that.

:19:39
Good evening, Mr. Cole.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Baron

Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (2 May 1892 – 21 April 1918) was a German fighter pilot known as "The Red Baron". He was the most successful flying ace of World War I, being officially credited with 80 confirmed air combat victories



On 6 July, during combat with a formation of F.E.2d two seat fighters of No. 20 Squadron RFC, Richthofen sustained a serious head wound that forced him to land near Wervicq and grounded him for several weeks. The air victory was credited to Captain Donald Cunnell of No. 20, who himself was killed a few days later.


Author and hero

It was during his convalescence that Richthofen (probably with the help of a ghostwriter from a German propaganda unit) wrote his "autobiography", Der rote Kampfflieger. A translation by J. Ellis Barker was published in 1918 as The Red Battle Flyer.[10] Although Richthofen died before a revised version could be prepared, he is on record as repudiating the book - stating that it was "too insolent" (or "arrogant") and that he was "no longer that kind of person".[11]

In 1918, Richthofen had become such a legend that it was feared that his death would be a blow to the morale of the German people. Richthofen himself refused to accept a ground job after his wound, stating that if the average German soldier had no choice in his duties, he would therefore continue to fly in combat. Certainly he had become part of a cult of hero-worship, assiduously encouraged by official propaganda. German propaganda circulated various false rumours, including that the British had raised squadrons specially to hunt down Richthofen, and were offering large rewards and an automatic Victoria Cross to any Allied pilot who shot him down. Passages from his correspondence indicate he may have at least half believed some of these stories himself.


Richthofen was killed just after 11 a.m. on 21 April 1918, while flying over Morlancourt Ridge, near the Somme River.

At the time, the Baron had been pursuing (at very low altitude) a Sopwith Camel piloted by a novice Canadian pilot, Lieutenant Wilfrid "Wop" May of No. 209 Squadron, Royal Air Force. In turn, the Baron was spotted and briefly attacked by a Camel piloted by a school friend (and flight Commander) of May, Canadian Captain Arthur "Roy" Brown, who had to dive steeply at very high speed to intervene, and then had to climb steeply to avoid hitting the ground. Richthofen turned to avoid this attack, and then resumed his pursuit of May.

It was almost certainly during this final stage in Richthofen's pursuit of May that he was hit by a single .303 bullet, which caused such severe damage to his heart and lungs that it must have produced a very speedy death.[12] In the last seconds of his life, he managed to make a hasty but controlled landing in a field on a hill near the Bray-Corbie road, just north of the village of Vaux-sur-Somme, in a sector controlled by the Australian Imperial Force (AIF). One witness, Gunner George Ridgway, stated that when he and other Australian soldiers reached the aircraft, Richthofen was still alive but died moments later.[12] Another eye witness, Sgt Ted Smout of the Australian Medical Corps, reported that Richthofen's last word was "kaputt" ("finished") immediately before he died.

His Fokker was not badly damaged by the landing, but it was soon taken apart by souvenir hunters.










From 6/24/1970 ( premiere US movie "Darling Lili" ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 2202 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 2202 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065611/

Darling Lili (1970)

Release Date: 24 June 1970 (USA)

Tagline: For a spy, love is the deadliest enemy.

Plot: Set during WWI, this movie is a cute spin on the Mata Hari legend.


Ingo Mogendorf ... Baron Manfred von Richtofen










From 6/19/1968 ( my first Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 3082 days

From 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) to 5/5/1985 ( premiere TV movie "Lace II" starring my wife ) is 3082 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089453/

Lace II (1985) (TV)

Release Date: 5 May 1985 (USA)

Plot Outline: While in the first part, Lili searched for her mother, she now questions her mom on the identity of her father.

Plot Keywords: Astronaut

Phoebe Cates ... Lili










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 607 days

From 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) to 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 607 days





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_12

Launch: November 11, 1966
Landing: November 15, 1966

Gemini 12 (officially Gemini XII) was a 1966 manned spaceflight in NASA's Gemini program.










http://www.cswap.com/1981/Superman_II/cap/en/25fps/a/01_05

Superman II


1:05:33
MUST BE TOUGH BEING
CLARK KENT, ISN'T IT?

1:05:37
NO, I REALLY...

1:05:38
I REALLY LIKE IT
SOMETIMES,


1:05:44
IF IT WEREN'T FOR HIM,
I WOULDN'T HAVE MET YOU.

1:05:51
BUT...

1:05:53
HE IS YOU.

1:05:55
IT'S KIND OF CONFUSING.

1:05:58
NOT TO ME.










From 3/13/1953 ( Deborah Raffin ) to 1/31/1964 ( I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics on this day ) is: 3976 days

3976 = 1988 + 1988

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) is: 1988 days



From 3/13/1953 ( Deborah Raffin ) to 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) is: 4443 days

4443 = 1 + 2221 + 2221

From 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 12/14/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 2221 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0706298/

Deborah Raffin
Date of Birth: 13 March 1953
Lace II (1985) (TV) .... Judy 'Jude' Hale










From 12/11/1953 ( Bess Armstrong ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 8076 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 8076 days



From 12/11/1953 ( Bess Armstrong ) to 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) is: 4170 days

From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 10/11/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies, approved by President Gerald Ford ) is: 4170 days



From 12/11/1953 ( Bess Armstrong ) to 4/30/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 10367 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 10367 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000787/

Bess Armstrong
Date of Birth: 11 December 1953

High Road to China (1983) .... Eve 'Evie' Tozer
Lace (1984) (TV) .... Judy Hale










http://www.cswap.com/2005/Batman_Begins/cap/en/2_Parts/a/01_06

Batman Begins


1:06:28
Sir, the pool is for decoration...

1:06:31
...and your friends
do not have swimwear.

1:06:36
Well, they're European.










From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 2/26/1984 ( premiere TV movie "Lace," starring my wife ) is: 6864 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 6864 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087583/

Lace (1984) (TV)

Release Date: 26 February 1984 (USA)

Runtime: 300 min

Phoebe Cates ... Lili










From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) to 3/18/1983 ( premiere US movie "High Road to China" ) is: 3608 days

3608 = 1804 + 1804

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 2/9/1964 ( I was multiple Olympic gold medalist during Innsbruck Olympics ) is: 1804 days



From 6/19/1968 ( I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 3/18/1983 ( premiere US movie "High Road to China" )(Friday) is: 5385 days

5385 = 1 + 2692 + 2692

From 6/19/1968 ( I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during the Vietnam War ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 2692 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085678/releaseinfo

Release dates for

High Road to China (1983)

USA 18 March 1983 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095897/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Presidio (1988)

Lt. Col. Alan Caldwell: [to Julius] Now why don't you ask him how he won the Medal of Honor?

Sgt. Major Ross Maclure: How old are you, Julius?

Julius: Eight.

Sgt. Major Ross Maclure: You want to live to be nine?

Lt. Col. Alan Caldwell: Obviously he didn't win it for charm.










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 6/25/1986 ( Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week, 1986 ) is: 5373 days

From 6/25/1986 ( Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week, 1986 ) to 3/11/2001 ( premiere TV episode "The Simpsons, Bye Bye Nerdie" ) is: 5373 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701079/

"The Simpsons"

Bye Bye Nerdie (2001)

Original Air Date: 11 March 2001 (Season 12, Episode 16)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054443/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Village of the Damned (1960)


[last lines]

Prof. Gordon Zellaby: [voiceover] A brick wall... a brick wall... I must think of a brick wall... a brick wall... I must think of a brick wall... a brick wall... brick wall... I must think of a brick wall... It's almost half past eight... brick wall... only a few seconds more... brick wall... brick wall... brick wall... nearly over... a brick wall...