Saturday, June 14, 2008

Viper 8757





From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is 2 years, 265 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172495/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Gladiator (2000)


Marcus Aurelius: When was the last time you were home?

Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning.


[ 2 years, 265 days ]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

In Greek mythology, Elysium was a section of the Underworld (the spelling Elysium is a Latinization of the Greek word Elysion). The Elysian fields, or sometimes Elysian plains, were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous. It is associated with the Christian Heaven.





http://www.brmovie.com/Downloads/Docs/BR_Script_1981.txt

BLADE RUNNER


Enjoy the numerous recreation
areas and resorts such as the
famous Elysium Crater Resort!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium_Planitia

Elysium Planitia is the second largest volcanic region on Mars





http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/msss/camera/images/june2000/

Mars Global Surveyor

Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC)


MOC2-245

Elysium Crater










http://www.cswap.com/2000/Mission_to_Mars/cap/en/25fps/a/00_06

Mission to Mars


:06:45
I'm a pretty good stickjockey.
Call me if you want a flight test.

:06:49
- What is a stickjockey ?
- "I'm a pretty good stickjockey."

:06:51
Come on, Mr. Cover
of Time Magazine.

:06:53
- The guy who landed
the crippled Block Il shuttle.
- Yeah.

:06:56
- That's the stickjockey.
- The stickjockey did that.

:06:58
- Yeah, Mr. StickJockey.
- Okay, I made a little noise,

:07:01
but putting the first
footprints on Mars ?

:07:03
That's for guys who wrote their Ph.D.
thesis on how to colonize the place...

:07:09
and for guys who read too much
science fiction as a kid...

:07:12
and still wear these little Flash Gordon
rocket ships around their necks.

:07:16
- Very mature.
- You read every damn
science fiction book I did,

:07:19
and you'rejust not man enough to wear
jewellery, that's all there is to that.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial

Release date(s) June 11, 1982

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a 1982 science fiction film directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Dee Wallace and Peter Coyote. It tells the story of Elliott (Thomas), a lonely boy who befriends a benign alien dubbed E.T., that is stranded on Earth. He forms a mental, physical and emotional connection with E.T. and helps the alien find its way home, keeping it out of the government's sight.










From 1/19/1976 ( congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies ) to 12/9/1982 ( premiere UK movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 3 days, 359 weeks

'33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) to 12/9/1982 ( premiere UK movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 6878 days

6878 = 3439 + 3439

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/14/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 3439 days



From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) to 12/9/1982 ( premiere UK movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 5172 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford includes law degree ) is: 5172 days




From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 12/9/1982 ( premiere UK movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 2202 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) is: 2202 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083866/releaseinfo

Release dates for

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

UK 9 December 1982










From 2/6/1964 ( I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) to 4/5/1983 ( premiere Japan movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 6998 days

6998 = 3499 + 3499

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) is: 3499 days



From 11/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 4/5/1983 ( premiere Japan movie "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" ) is: 4884 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is: 4884 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083866/releaseinfo

Release dates for

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

Japan 5 April 1983










http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1384749312/ch0004437

Title: E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Names: Henry Thomas

Characters: Elliott, E.T.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/silhouette

silhouette

the outline or general shape of something





From 12/25/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 2583 days



http://www.bluetreenyc.com/media/system/logos/bluetree_logo.gif





http://www.bluetreeny.com/

Blue Tree

1283 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10128

212 369 blue (2583)










Battlestar Galactica (New)

58 SCIFIP: Friday, June 13 11:00 PM

Science fiction

Revelations

The rebel Cylons hold President Roslin hostage.

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park

Original Air Date: Jun 13, 2008










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/squelch

squelch

Also called squelch circuit, noise suppressor. Electronics. a circuit in a receiver, as a radio receiver, that automatically reduces or eliminates noise when the receiver is tuned to a frequency at which virtually no carrier wave occurs.


An electric circuit that cuts off a radio receiver when the signal is too weak for reception of anything but noise.


an electric circuit that cuts off a receiver when the signal becomes weaker than the noise [syn: squelch circuit]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal - 2/10/06

Can't remember a single detail about my dreams last night. For the past few hours, I have been feeling drowsy, which seems unusal because I slept til almost 9 this morning. I wonder if they programmed me to start feeling sleepy earlier tonight because they are going to present some new message to me in my sleep tonight.



These foreign dreams are impossible to ignore. It is almost like watching something on tv. I remember I started feeling something unusal about my dreams back when I lived at Oakwood Apts in Bellevue. That would have been late 1999 I think. I was having vivid dreams about a friend of mine. I would wake up calling out her name. I woke up feeling certain she was there in the room with me. I was being told things. In early 2004 when I decided to leave Microsoft, I wonder if I was following instructions that had been given to me in my sleep. It reminds me of something I read the other day about some preamble Thomas Jefferson had written, something to do with establishing religious freedom, with the similarity being something to do with free will, as in you really don't know why you do the things you do. Anyway, the foreign dreams were especially intense when I was living recently in that apt. in Kent. I remember waking up and I had my arm reaching up the wall towards the ceiling. I had the strongest feeling that I had been instructed to do that in my sleep. Sometimes, things....ideas, just seem to come so easily to me. It is all so much easier right now. But I know it is going to end sometime soon. I don't know what it is, but I think it is some kind of "dimming," like a dimmer switch on a light.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Sleep journal 2/11/06

Nothing spectacular about my dreams last night. I remember two different segments. One had some basic symbolism in it that seemed uninterestingly relevant. The other was more complex and had symbolic elements in it as well. I guess they decided to not screw with my mind as I slept because they read my journal last night that I was expecting it.

After I wrote the first paragraph, I then started typing in the date on the subject line and something struck suddenly about the date. I think it was part of a dream last night that I have forgotten.

I have also been wondering, thinking back to that dream manipulation in 1999, whether my dreams are literal interpretations of what they are suggesting or whether my own mental mechanisms are producing something different from what they want. In other words, when I was waking up calling out my friends name, was it because that is what the dream terrorists wanted me to do? Or were they making indirect suggestions such as "you should talk more to someone you work with that you have a strong connection with." I wonder if they were trying to manipulate me to hooking up with someone I had no interest in and I was interpreting it to represent someone I was close to.


As crazy as this dream terrorism sounds, I have absolutely no doubt it has been happening.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 2/14/06

Funny how I don't remember any dreams last night or this morning. I slept about 3 or 4 hours late in the evening and then a few hours later this morning. I don't remember anything. And then there is the way the few foreign dreams I've had lately seemed to be quieter, as if the manipulators were almost whispering or they were transmitting with a lower power setting. I do remember waking up at one point where it sounded like someone was telling Donald Pleasance that he had a taxi waiting for him downstairs to take him to the airport. Pleasance was the guy who was chasing that guy around in those Halloween movies. He also played a blind guy trying to escape from a WW2 German POW camp.


For the past couple of days I have been meaning to bring up again a dream that happened about two years ago that I believe was a foreign dream. I recorded it in my journal shortly after that but I have lost control of all my personal effects due to this situation. I remember waking up absolutely terrified. There was something terrifying about my digital alarm clock. It seemed that the numbers had stopped, that time itself had stopped. It was probably several minutes before I regained my senses. I don't know why I was so terrified.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


the worst time is seeing the plane flying over and waiting..........










http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Crossroads%2C_Part_II

Crossroads, Part II

US airdate 2007-03-25


The Viper Mk. II piloted by Kara Thrace does not have a nameplate and appears to be brand new, unlike Galactica's battle-worn Mk. IIs.










http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Viper_8757

Viper 8757

Viper 8757NC is the designation of two Vipers, one Mark II and one Mark VII, assigned to Galactica.

The Viper Mark VII version appears in "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I".

A Viper Mark II of the same designation is flown by Kara Thrace during a Combat Air Patrol protecting a Fleet underway replenishment operation. This Viper is the one Thrace is later lost in, crushed by intense atmospheric pressure (Maelstrom). Over two months later, Thrace returns under mysterious circumstances is a remarkably pristine version of this Viper. She claims to have been to Earth and that only a few hours passed for her, but has no recollection of how she got there or how she survived ("Crossroads, Part II", "He That Believeth In Me").





From 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) to 3/5/1989 ( actress Phoebe Cates is legally my wife and I am her husband ) is: 8757 days





From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 7/12/2003 ( USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76 commissioned ) is: 8757 days





http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN76.htm

USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Commission Date: 07/12/2003










http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080614/D919VU880.html

Shuttle Discovery crew glad to be back on ground

Jun 14, 1:22 PM (ET)

By MARCIA DUNN

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - The space shuttle Discovery and its crew of seven returned to Earth on Saturday and capped a successful expansion job at the international space station, more spacious and robust thanks to a new billion-dollar science lab.

The shuttle descended through a few puffy clouds and landed at 11:15 a.m., under the control of commander Mark Kelly.

Two hours later, all the astronauts - including Garrett Reisman, looking remarkably fresh and fit after 95 days in space - walked out, shook hands with NASA's senior managers and admired the ship that safely brought them home.

"It's great to be here on the runway in sunny Florida," Kelly said. "It was really an exciting mission."

Discovery's flight spanned 14 days, 217 orbits and 5.7 million miles, and was described by NASA as being about as smooth as it gets.

Kelly and his crew accomplished everything they set out to do in orbit. They delivered and installed Japan's Kibo lab, now the space station's biggest room and most sophisticated science workshop, and dropped off a new pump that the two Russians on board used to fix their toilet.

The space station also got a new American resident who took Reisman's place.

Reisman's wife, Simone Francis, was waiting for him at the Kennedy Space Center. Over the past week, Reisman had described in quite romantic terms how much he missed her, calling her "my favorite Earthling" and "doll face."

Although the mission itself unfolded almost flawlessly, Discovery left behind a battered launch pad on May 31. Some 5,300 bricks flew off the flame trench when Discovery blasted away, most likely because they were not attached properly to the underlying concrete wall when the pad was built in the 1960s for the Apollo moon shots.

NASA managers are confident the launch pad can be fixed in time for the next shuttle flight in October, by Atlantis to the Hubble Space Telescope.

The next time a shuttle flies to the space station, now three-quarters complete, isn't until November. That's because NASA needs to have a shuttle ready to rush to Atlantis' aid in case of serious damage to its thermal shielding. Atlantis' astronauts will not be able to get from Hubble to the space station for shelter.

NASA had no such rescue plan in place when Columbia took off in 2003 on a solo-flying research mission. In any event, mission managers had no idea Columbia's left wing was severely damaged at liftoff, and the shuttle shattered during re-entry. All seven on board were killed.

Shades of Columbia briefly surfaced Friday when Discovery's astronauts spotted something floating away from their spaceship. It turned out to be a little metal clip that broke off the rudder, and engineers ascertained within just four hours that its absence posed no danger for Discovery's re-entry.

The three space station residents watched Discovery's smooth landing on live TV transmitted from Mission Control. Astronaut Gregory Chamitoff, who's just starting a six-month mission, called it "an awesome sight."

"Before you know it, you'll be catching your own ride home," Mission Control said.

Ten shuttle flights remain before the fleet is retired in 2010, all but one to the space station.










http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080531/D910SOIG0.html

Congresswoman nervous as husband goes to space

May 31, 6:04 PM (ET)

By MARCIA DUNN

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - With her husband in command of space shuttle Discovery and on the verge of launching, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wanted to set the record straight.

She wasn't at the NASA launch site as a member of Congress. She was there "strictly as the spouse" - the new wife of commander Mark Kelly - and just as excited and nervous as any of the other astronauts' family members.

"We've been married six months, and the space program is relatively new to me," she said Saturday. "I mean, I grew up in Arizona, I'm a third-generation Arizonan, have no connections at all to NASA.

"I couldn't be prouder."

Giffords cheered and gripped her mother-in-law's arm and her own mother's hand as Discovery blasted off Saturday. As soon as the shuttle reached orbit, one of Kelly's astronaut friends presented her with red roses and a card - from her husband.

"It was just fantastic. It was really amazing," she said.

A few hours earlier, she had received an e-mail from Kelly - the last one before he suited up for the late afternoon liftoff with six other astronauts.

"I love him so much. He's excited. He said, 'I'll see you in two weeks,'" Giffords told The Associated Press, her voice breaking a little as the countdown entered the final few hours.

Her stress level was way higher Saturday than it was on the day she was elected to Congress in 2006.

"We all deal with stress in our own ways. Yeah, of course, I'm nervous," she said. "It's a risky job. I'm pleased that the vehicle's in good shape. ...

"But you don't really relax until the chute opens (at touchdown), you see the shuttle coming to a stop and everyone gets off safely. At that point, you can sort of exhale and relax and know that your loved one's safe."

This was her third shuttle launch in attendance: She was at Kelly's last liftoff, in 2006, and at her brother-in-law Scott Kelly's launch last August.

Mark and Scott Kelly, by the way, are identical twins. Both are shuttle commanders and Navy officers.

Giffords is making space history in her own way: She's the first member of Congress to be married to an astronaut bound for space. A few members of Congress have rocketed into orbit, and astronauts have gone on to become politicians, most famously John Glenn. But no politician of that stature has watched from the sidelines before with such a vested interest.

She is a member of the House Science and Technology Committee, as well as the Armed Services Committee.

"I guess there's always a first for everything," Giffords, 37, said. "But I'm here strictly as the spouse today. I'm not here as a member of Congress. I'm here to make sure that I'm like heading up the ground support team."

Mark Kelly's two daughters from his first marriage, ages 10 and 13, were on hand for the launch to the international space station, as well as his mother, Giffords' parents and numerous friends, colleagues and acquaintances from Arizona and Washington. His father, who was celebrating his 68th birthday Saturday, remained behind in Houston with Kelly's 91-year-old grandmother; they planned to watch the launch on TV.

The couple met in China in 2003 during a young leaders' forum and married in November after a long-distance romance. Kelly lives in Houston, NASA's astronaut base. Giffords splits her time between Washington and Tucson, Ariz., with frequent visits to Houston.

Kelly, 44, has described their lives as "busy."

"It's all we've ever known," he said.










From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) to 5/31/2008 ( space shuttle Discovery STS-124 launches into Earth orbit ) is: 14477 days

'14 April 1977' ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system )



From 12/7/1998 ( my official United States federal special undercover operation begins the current phase ) to 5/31/2008 ( space shuttle Discovery STS-124 launches into Earth orbit ) is 3 days, 3 weeks, 5 months, 9 years

'33-59' ( my birth date US )


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-124

Mission name STS-124

Space Shuttle Discovery

Launch date May 31, 2008 5:02:12 p.m. EDT

Landing June 14, 2008 11:16:19 a.m. EDT

Mission duration 13 days, 18 hrs, 13 minutes 7 seconds

Number of orbits 217


STS-124 was a Space Shuttle mission, flown by Space Shuttle Discovery to the International Space Station.










From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 10/21/1998 ( announcement about ocean on Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 14477 days

'14 April 1977' ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system )



From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 10/21/1998 ( announcement about ocean on Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 33 years, 5 months, 9 days

'33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 6/7/1976 ( my first landing Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to me ) to 10/21/1998 ( announcement about ocean on Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 8171 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1981 ( my wife ) is: 8171 days


http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/news32.html

October 21, 1998

JUPITER'S MOON CALLISTO MAY HIDE SALTY OCEAN

Jupiter's second largest moon, Callisto, may have a liquid ocean tucked under its icy, cratered crust, according to scientists studying data gathered by NASA's Galileo spacecraft.

The Galileo findings, to be published in the Oct. 22 issue of the journal Nature, reveal similarities between Callisto and another of Jupiter's moons, Europa, which has already displayed strong evidence of a subsurface ocean.

"Until now, we thought Callisto was a dead and boring moon, just a hunk of rock and ice," said Dr. Margaret Kivelson, space physics professor at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and principal investigator for Galileo's magnetometer instrument, which measures magnetic fields around Jupiter and its moons. "The new data certainly suggest that something is hidden below Callisto's surface, and that something may very well be a salty ocean."










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/30/1973 ( Signe Kiesel ) is: 3606 days

3606 = 1803 + 1803

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) is 1803 days



From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/30/1973 ( Signe Kiesel ) is 3 days, 45 weeks, 9 years

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )



From 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 5/21/1969 ( my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) is: 1470 days

From 5/21/1969 ( my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) to 5/30/1973 ( Signe Kiesel ) is: 1470 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0452627/

Signe Kiesel
Date of Birth: 30 May 1973
"From the Earth to the Moon" (1998) (mini) TV mini-series .... Astronaut's Wife