Saturday, May 29, 2010

Iron Eagle (17 January 1986)




1986 film "Iron Eagle" DVD movie:

00:54:26


US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: A couple of hot-shot pilots thought it was real funny.

Doug Masters: Well, didn't you want to kick their ass?

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: Yeah! As a matter of fact I did. But at that time, your daddy walked out of the simulator module. I had never seen him before. He asked what was happening. When they told him the story, he walks over to me and he looks at me, you know, for about a fast second, steps back and snaps me a salute. He said, "Sorry about this, sir, we'll get things set up for you right away, Colonel." You know, your dad understands a lot about people's dignity. That's the last kind of person in the world I want to see locked up in some stinking cage somewhere.

Doug Masters: He won't have to be anymore. We're going to bust him out of there like a bat out of hell.

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: Hey, hey, hey, all we have got so far is a plan. The only thing that you have proven to me is that you can steal some computer printouts and some pictures.

Doug Masters: Chappy, after tomorrow, he's only got one day left. Now are we going for it or not?

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: We are going when I say we are going. You still got a lot left to prove to me. Now you keep your mouth shut and you listen to what I have to ask you. I still want to test you on some things, I want to make sure that you can deliver... what you say you can deliver.

Doug Masters: Name it.

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: All right. I want a couple of F-16's with full, approved flight plans. Along with the stuff I'm going to give you are the two phony names I'll let you have. And I want a trainer at the same time, on the tarmac tomorrow. I'll let you put your money where your mouth is.

Doug Masters: You still don't believe I can fly, do you?

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: Maybe and maybe not. I want to test you out on some live targets.

Doug Masters: Great. You won't be disappointed.

US Air Force Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair: I hope not. Or else we ain't going nowhere, boy. Understand?


00:57:00

Defense Minister Colonel Nakesh: Enough! You are a very stubborn man, Colonel. It would be easier on you if you would accommodate us with a signed admission of your guilt but no matter we can proceed without it. I must say I admire the way you can handle pain. I'm looking forward to seeing you handle death.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, March 3, 2006 3:22:01 PM

Subject: Rise Above


This was a pleasant surprise. I was disappointed though when I first saw them that they were preparing to leave. I think this is the one at the link below. I love these ships. Who needs a parade when you can watch a U.S. Navy warship getting underway? If I could choose any ship I wanted for a personal yacht, it would be a Burke-class destroyer.

http://www.momsen.navy.mil/

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111281/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Star Trek: The Next Generation"

All Good Things... (1994)


Q: You see this? This is you. I'm serious! Right here, life is about to form on this planet for the very first time. A group of amino acids are about to combine to form the first protein. The building blocks [laughs]

Q: of what you call "life." Strange, isn't it? Everything you know, your entire civilization, it all begins right here in this little pond of goo. Appropriate somehow, isn't it? Too bad you didn't bring your microscope; it's really quite fascinating. Oh, look! There they go. The amino-acids are moving closer, and closer, and closer. Aww, nothing happened.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34289&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Commencement Ceremony

May 16th, 1987

Thank you all very much. And Secretary Weinberger, Chairman Olch, Dean Sanford, members of the graduating class, and ladies and gentlemen, I must tell you before I start how relieved I was when Dean Sanford told me that I was going to walk on after the procession. I thought that I was going to come in with the dean, and with his reputation, I'd been afraid that the good news was that we might perch on the backstage rafters and rappel in— [laughter] —and the bad news, that we'd jump from 10,000 feet. [Laughter] But it's a pleasure to be here to welcome you the graduates of this the West Point and Annapolis and Colorado Springs for physicians into your new profession as military and Public Health Service doctors.


When I hear about the can-do spirit of America's doctors in uniform, it reminds me of a story about a group of marines. I hope those of you in the other services will forgive me for telling this, but the get-it-done spirit applies to all of America's physicians in uniform. These marines had been sent to the Army airborne school for training. And came the day for the first jump, the training officer told them that the planes would come in at 1,500 feet, they would jump from the plane, hit the ground, and move south. The marines seemed a little disturbed by this, and they went into a huddle. Then one of them as a spokesman for the group went to the officer and asked couldn't the plane come in at 500 feet instead of 1,500? And the officer explained that if they took the plane in too low, it wouldn't give them time for the parachutes to open. And he said, "Oh, you mean we're wearing parachutes?" [Laughter]


A quarter century ago, Douglas MacArthur gave his farewell address to the Long Gray Line, the cadets of West Point. He stood in the vast hall of the academy, below the balcony they call the poop deck, and spoke about the soul, not just of the Army but of all the services that you now enter. "The Long Gray Line," he said, "has never failed us. Were you to do so, a million ghosts in olive drab, in brown khaki, in blue and gray would rise from their white crosses thundering those magic words: duty, honor, country."










Excerpt from copy of book, "The Reagan Diaries": 1986 Wednesday, February 19

Watched two short films - one on my unfavorite actor, Quadafy & one on how C.I.A. officers are made. [...]





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reagan_Diaries

The Reagan Diaries

Publication date May 22, 2007

The Reagan Diaries is an edited version of diaries written by President Ronald Reagan while in the White House.










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_35

Flight of the Intruder


:35:46
Sandy Low Lead, Sandy Low Lead,
this is Cole, 5-0-5.

:35:51
Go ahead, 5-0-5.

:35:55
I'm done, Sandy.










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/learningtoflylyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Learning To Fly Lyrics


Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction holding me fast, how
Can I escape this irresistible grasp?
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I
Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
No navigator to guide my way home
Unladened, empty and turned to stone
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nuclear_fireball.jpg

File:Nuclear fireball.jpg










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_El_Dorado_Canyon

Bombing of Libya

The United States bombing of Libya (code-named Operation El Dorado Canyon) comprised the joint United States Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps air-strikes against Libya on April 15, 1986.


Eighteen F-111F strike aircraft of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing, flying from RAF Lakenheath supported by four EF-111A Ravens of the 20th Tactical Fighter Wing, from RAF Upper Heyford in England, in conjunction with twenty-seven A-6, A-7, and F/A-18 attack aircraft from the aircraft carriers USS America and USS Coral Sea on station in the Gulf of Sidra struck five targets at 02:00 on April 15, in the stated objective that their destruction would send a message and reduce Libya's ability to support and train terrorists.