Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Walt Freaking Whitman!




http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/all-along-the-watchtower

BOB DYLAN

All Along The Watchtower

“There must be some way out of here,” said the joker to the thief
“There’s too much confusion, I can’t get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth”

“No reason to get excited,” the thief, he kindly spoke
“There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late”

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Marge: So Mother Simpson, where did your newfound sense of irresponsibility take you?

Grandma: I soon found people who shared my views at the state college.

[shot of hippies demonstrating]

Crowd: [chanting] Anthrax, gangrene, swimmer's ear! Get your germ lab out of here!

[Grandma joins the crowd in their chant]

Grandma: [voice over] How could I _not_ become a radical when we were fighting a force of pure evil?

Crowd: Hey, hey, Mr. Burns! Enough already with the germs!

Burns: [in a window above] Ho, their flower power is no match for my glower power! [glowers]

[the crowd disperses]

Wiggum: [below, guarding the doors] Well that's some nice glowering, Mr. B.

-- Some things never change, "Mother Simpson"

Grandma: [voice over] We'd met the enemy and it was Montgomery Burns. Drastic action _had_ to be taken to stop his war machine! [in flashback] I put Homer to bed, Abe, and now I'm going out. It could be a late night -- I'm meeting my destiny.

Abe: [not turning around] So long.

["Along the Watchtower" plays while the hippies set up a bomb inside Burns' lab]

Hippie: When this baby goes off, Burns' lab is going to be history, man -- germ history! [laughs] Oh man, I got the munchies.