Thursday, May 13, 2010

Planet of the Apes (1968)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 10, 2006


The "quietness." I think I know what "the quietness" means. I have these memories, with some kind of vague anxiety associated with them from what I remember as being on the Taylor. The was these times that some machinery would stop running and it suddenly got very quiet. You weren't really aware of all the noise until it stopped. And there was a brief period when the noise stopped and you were wondering why it got so quiet and then the alarms started going off. As I remember it, it was the engines stopping that caused the period of quietness.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Planet_of_the_Apes_1968.html

Planet of the Apes


Taylor.
Look at this.
Taylor, look.
They didn't leave much, did they?
- Well, at least they haven't tried to bite us.|- Blessed are the vegetarians.
They look more or less human,|but I think they're mute.
We got off at the wrong stop.
You're supposed to be the optimist, Landon.|Look on the bright side.
If this is the best they've got around here,|in six months we'll be running this planet.










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:02:06


Don: You all right, sweetheart?

Alice: Yeah, I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine. It's all fucked, isn't it? Our children are safe, aren't they?

Don: Totally