Friday, May 14, 2010

"Star Trek: The Next Generation" - Phantasms (1993)




http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/nextgeneration/season7/tng-706.txt

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION

"Phantasms"


PICARD
(to Data) Normally, I would wish you pleasant dreams... but in this case, bad dreams would be more helpful.

DATA
I understand. (thinks) I am initializing my dream program. Stand by...

Data closes his eyes. There's a beat, then the Holodeck CHANGES TO --


Picard and Geordi look around. Data is nowhere to be seen.

PICARD
Keep your eyes peeled. Even an apparently insignificant image could be an important symbol.

GEORDI
Right...










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/14/10 4:17 AM
I cannot now remember the precise dialog in a dream just before I awoke again that was between "Captain Picard" and "LaForge." "Picard" was working on something in some kind of machinery room onboard the "Starship Enterprise," I guess, and I did wonder during the dream why he was doing that kind of work. He said something about "Data" to "LaForge" and then "LaForge" responded but I do not now recall that dialog although I do remember at some point I was thinking it over in my mind whether waking or sleeping. What I do recall well enough to describe is that there seemed to be a loud noise at that point, as though from an explosion, although that is never established in the dream, and then "Picard" gets up to walk across the room to, I guess, investigate the sound, with "LaForge" following him, and there is a placard on the bulkhead similar to what you see on US Navy ships that has the frame number and other damage control information and the placard has the number '379' on it and "Picard" asks "LaForge" where the "Lab" is located on the ship, which I think associates with earlier dialog that I cannot now recall, and the response is the "Lab" is 370 frames to the east.

I got up out of bed and I wondered if that translates into a direction

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]