Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Queen (2006)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/22/2006 5:11 PM

After I awoke from a nap this afternoon, I felt compelled to write about a dream I had just before I woke up but then did not write about it. I started feeling that need to write about it again but may have forgotten some details by now. I have started thinking that the dreams I have just before waking up mean something in their own right.

In the dream, I was wearing a Navy uniform. I didn’t have anywhere to go though and seemed to be just walking around what I guess was a Navy installation. I decided to go into a building to ask if another Commander was still there even though I knew he wasn’t there. I spoke to a Navy enlisted person who appeared to be an Airman judging by his three green stripes although I couldn’t make out his rating symbol. He asked me a question but I didn’t hear his question and I asked him to repeat it by saying “Sir?” to him with an inquisitive tone. He asked me how I could not know that the other Commander was already deployed and I said something about how I just did not know. I left and walked down and out on some kind of spiral staircase, although that part isn’t that clear and I find myself wondering about that part. There was another spiral staircase ahead of me, there seemed to be dual staircases on either side of the front door to that building, and a Lt. j.g. came down the other side. I want to say he was someone I should know but I can’t picture him as someone I knew. I want to say it was him that spoke something to me at that point but I also want to say the voice came from behind me. He said, or someone else said, something about me being “a little off.” I wondered if he meant that I was wrong about some of these details. Then I wondered if he meant I was a little crazy, but I think I started thinking that last one after I woke up. I think after he or someone said that, it made me start thinking about the uniform I was wearing. I found myself thinking after I awoke that it seemed to be a Marine Corps officers dress uniform. I seemed to be wearing the dark blue Marine uniform with white pants. But I am confused about one detail as it seemed I looked to my left shoulder and saw Navy shoulder boards with Captain stripes. Or was it just an epaulet, I am not sure, but there was a pair of sunglasses clipped under it. I was walking down the sidewalk and there were two people ahead of me. One may have been that Lt. j.g. Another was a female officer, Navy I guess. Somewhere along there I realized I had forgotten to wear the appropriate cover for that uniform and realized that I was still wearing a ball cap, although I had actually taken it off as I went outside. I realized I couldn’t return anyone’s salute. Then I started thinking that the ball cap had USS Wainwright printed on it but I don’t remember actually looking at it and I may remember that detail in the sense that someone was reading details to me, they were telling me what the name was on the cap. I also remember that it had a frayed bill just like the Nike cap I have now. I remember I was walking very slowly. It was hard to walk and I was limping. I have thought several times before that if I do start wearing the uniform again, I should use a cane until I get my leg back in better shape. Then I was in a parking garage and I had to cross a street into a parking lot, I guess to find my car.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 2:08 AM
God what a f---ed up dream. Makes me think of being tortured. They put you into a machine and you have to wriggle your way out, centimeter by centimeter and it is beyond claustrophobic and they look for your worst fears and every day they have a new day to exploit your worst fears and this g--damned doesn't even come close - not even g--damned close - to describing how bad it is.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 2:12 AM
They don't torture you with primarily physical pain, such as beatings, etc. Physical torture is easy to resist. For a while at least. If you are good, you can resist it for a long time. Depends on how far they take it though. But the real bastards look to get in your head and really screw with you. And they have weeks and months and years to just screw with your head and screw with your head because they are lunatics and this doesn't come goddamned close to describing how bad it was.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 8:55 AM
I woke up this time thinking, partially visualizing, flying an F-14 Tomcat over the ocean somewhere. I can almost visualize another F-14 flying on my wing. Suddenly, the other F-14 exploded but I can't actually visualize that part. I think both people parachuted out of that aircraft. Apparently another missile hit my aircraft, blew off the canopy, and knocked me unconscious. Then I can almost see us traveling straight down towards the ocean surface and the RIO in the seat behind me was yelling at me to wake up. I pulled up and engaged the two aircraft that fired at us. One was hit by my Sparrow but the other Sparrow missed. I went in and finished off the other one up close. I returned to the carrier and landed safely, and then passed out from a moderate concussion with blood running out from underneath my cracked helmet.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 9:00 AM
Or the RIO had been knocked out to from the explosion that tore off the canopy. What I was hearing was someone on the carrier yelling at me over the radio to pull up before I crashed into the ocean.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Queen (2006)


HM Queen Elizabeth II: Prime Minister.

Tony Blair: Good morning, Majesty. Sorry to disturb, but I was just wondering whether you'd seen any of today's papers?

HM Queen Elizabeth II: We've managed to look at one or two, yes.

Tony Blair: In which case my... next question would be whether you felt some kind of response...

[Queen Elizabeth puts Blair on speakerphone]

Tony Blair: ...might be necessary?

HM Queen Elizabeth II: No. I believe a few over-eager editors are doing their best to sell newspapers. It would be a mistake to dance to their tune.

Tony Blair: Under normal circumstances I would agree. But... well, my advisors... have been taking the temperature among people on the streets... and, well, the information I'm getting is that the mood is quite delicate.

HM Queen Elizabeth II: So, what would you suggest, Prime Minister - some kind of a statement?

Tony Blair: No, ma'am. I believe the moment for statements has passed.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:51:59 PM

Subject: as of a drama


In regard to his companions his mind wavered between two opinions, according to his mood. Sometimes he inclined to believing them all heroes. In fact, he usually admired in secret the superior development of the higher qualities in others. He could conceive of men going very insignificantly about the world bearing a load of courage unseen, and although he had known many of his comrades through boyhood, he began to fear that his judgment of them had been blind. Then, in other moments, he flouted these theories, and assured him that his fellows were all privately wondering and quaking.

His emotions made him feel strange in the presence of men who talked excitedly of a prospective battle as of a drama they were about to witness, with nothing but eagerness and curiosity apparent in their faces. It was often that he suspected them to be liars.

He did not pass such thoughts without severe condemnation of himself. He dinned reproaches at times. He was convicted by himself of many shameful crimes against the gods of traditions.

In his great anxiety his heart was continually clamoring at what he considered the intolerable slowness of the generals. They seemed content to perch tranquilly on the river bank, and leave him bowed down by the weight of a great problem. He wanted it settled forthwith. He could not long bear such a load, he said. Sometimes his anger at the commanders reached an acute stage, and he grumbled about the camp like a veteran.

http://www.online-literature.com/view.php/redbadge/2

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/12/09 12:12 AM
I missed about the first 7 minutes of this so far.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001789820000&sid=11208&sn=USAP&st=200901120000&cn=12

The Queen (2006)

12 USAP: Monday, January 12 12:00 AM

2006, PG-13, ***1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United Kingdom,

Queen Elizabeth II (Helen Mirren) and Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) try to reach a compromise in determining the royal family's public reaction to Princess Diana's death.

Cast: Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen, James Cromwell, Helen McRory, Alex Jennings, Roger Allam, Sylvia Syms, Mark Bazeley, Earl Cameron, Tim McMullan, Paul Barrett, Gavin Park Director(s): Stephen Frears Producer(s): Andy Harries, Christine Langan, Tracey Seaward Executive Producer(s): Franýois Ivernel, Cameron McCracken, Scott Rudin

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:01/12/09 12:52 AM
The thought occurred to me when I started watching this that it is a script I quickly wrote after Diana was killed.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, February 21, 2010


http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001789820000&sid=31556&sn=AMCP&st=201002211500&cn=67

The Queen (2006)

67 AMCP: Sunday, February 21 3:00 PM

2006, PG-13, ***1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United Kingdom,

Queen Elizabeth II (Helen Mirren) and Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) try to reach a compromise in determining the royal family's public reaction to Princess Diana's death.

Cast: Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen, James Cromwell, Helen McRory, Alex Jennings, Roger Allam, Sylvia Syms, Mark Bazeley, Earl Cameron, Tim McMullan, Paul Barrett, Gavin Park Director(s): Stephen Frears Producer(s): Andy Harries, Christine Langan, Tracey Seaward Executive Producer(s): Franýois Ivernel, Cameron McCracken, Scott Rudin

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Queen (2006)


Italy 2 September 2006 (Venice Film Festival)

UK 15 September 2006

USA 29 September 2006 (New York Film Festival)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 6:01:15 PM

Subject: Right


I wonder if this is where that guy painting the picture was standing?

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.47.619681_-122.348911

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=tc&cbll=47.619176,-122.348985&panoid=-lfueBIXwUv3LKH8_yDIyw&cbp=12,354.84278861856137,,2,3.587035306919222&ll=47.619407,-122.349037&spn=0,359.99794&z=20

156 4th Ave N, Seattle, WA, United States










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


Kerry Burgess wrote:

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]