Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Galaxy




After doing some checking around I decided to make this note about a dream I just awoke from. Unlike other times lately, I was clearly aware of a four-digit number that was present in the dream.

This time, as last time, the number was for a combination lock. Also this time, as last time, I was worried about forgetting the number so I was thinking of writing it down on the inside fabric of my shoes and I saw a pair of shoes that had another four-digit number written inside it but I cannot now recall that number. I had a similar dream recently about a combination padlock, as you see in some locker rooms, or that is commonly sold in a lot of stores in the United States, but in that previous dream, for a padlock on a bicycle, I never did know the precise number.

Today the number was '2918.'

I was in some kind of locker room. Things happened before I got to my locker that I cannot now recall. I think the first thing I noted was the combination code for that lock, which now that I think about it is not the standard code for that common kind of combination lock. Then I might have noticed the locker was already opened and the lock wasn't even on my locker. That notion was reinforced after I woke up and sat down at my desk and checked my email and I had an email notifying me that a password I used for a website had been possibly compromised and the website was sending me a new password. I wonder about a phising attempt but it seems legitimate.

Somewhere in my locker, perhaps on top of it, but maybe inside of it, I found a red folder. There was no writing on the outside of the folder and I didn't open it. I folded it in half vertically. I saw the folder in my hands and there was a lot of loose change on top of it and those coins might have been rare coins. I also saw a wristwatch among the coins on top of the folder but the face was obscured.

I walked over to a nearby locker and I was looking for a guy named "Lindsay" because I knew, for some reason, in the dream that folder belonged to him. Another guy walked up and I asked him about "Lindsay" and I don't recall our precise dialog but I might have been trying to establish if that was he locker I was standing in front of. I don't recall what the other guy said to me as he stood at his locker but he told me I was "desperate." I said "What?" and he told me again I was "desperate." I went back over to my locker and I think I left that red folder on the top of the row of lockers that I think was "Lindsay's."

Back at my locker, I saw clothes inside I needed to take with me. Most needed to be washed but I saw a pair of dress slacks hanging up that I wanted to take with me. I saw at least two different pairs of running shoes and that seemed interesting for some reason. I started filling the laundry bag. I heard someone out of sight in the locker room mention the Marines. I spent a lot of time in the dream just trying to tie the drawstring on the seabag but it didn't seem to need to be tied.

I thought more about that dream after waking up and decided specifically to note it here because I clearly was aware of a four-digit code for a combination lock.

I noted some details about that after looking around. One interesting detail is a galaxy named NGC 2918 but I don't know much about it at this point. I first started looking for a star that is 2918 light-years away but I haven't found out yet is such object exists.