Sunday, January 15, 2012

Earth 2 (1994)




On this snowy afternoon outside my apartment today with bright blankets of snow slowly flashing away from the surface before another burst covers the ground again, I am just now watching for the first time the DVD collection I recently purchased for the racketeering production the 1994 television series "Earth 2." I had to pause it at one scene because of the dialog and make this observation.

Early this morning, I was in the bathroom for the first time after waking up and I glanced in the mirror and I thought to myself about how I had that substance we call "sleep" at the edge of my eyes. I thought specifically about that. I then wondered if what I was thinking was something my girlfriend said to me once. Then just a short while ago I watched the scene I reference below and I had to pause the DVD and make this observation.

After the thought about the sleep I glanced again at the top of my head and I wondered again if I am experience spontaneous hair regrowth. I wrote about that notion recently when I reported on the first time I was the Stephen Kingdom television series "Golden Years" on DVD.

As for hair regrowth, I was thinking again looking in the mirror, which I do more often since that "Golden Years" incident, I couldn't care less about hair regrowth. I find no comfort in the possibility I could be a seventy year old man with a full head of hair. But to consider the possibility that my experience with spontaneous hair regrowth on the top of my head is because I have started to de-age then I would care about that possibility. So then I thought more after walking away from the mirror about how such experience would seem to be necessary, in terms of the future. I still have a duty to perform on the top of the as I stand there and observe what others are doing and that are all completely beyond any form of control I could hope for or even dream of and so I think to myself again about how I do not necessarily have to climb up that hill when the time comes. I have a choice.

So anyway, I paused the DVD for a while to work on this report because I think about those specific thoughts I had this morning and I wonder about why I had for the first time in long-term memory such thoughts and on a day when I only decided to watch that DVD for the first time just a very short time before I started to watch it and then I make this report just after watching the relevant scene. Some of that dialog I had referenced before but I had no active recollection of the scene I reference below about a television series episode I have not watched since it premiered on television.










"Earth 2"

"First Contact"

Sunday 6 November 1994

Episode 1 Season 1

00:19:16


Alonzo Solace: Isn't standard operation to have me verify position so you and I can hop back in a big sack if we're a couple hundred million miles off course?

Dr. Julia Heller: That's right.

Alonzo Solace: Well, you'll be happy to know that my record's intact. I haven't missed yet.

Dr. Julia Heller: Okay.

Alonzo Solace: I could postpone everyone's defrost and celebrate life a little bit. What do you say?

Dr. Julia Heller: Is that the only come-on you sleep jumpers can come up with these days?

Alonzo Solace: You've worked cold-sleep runs?

Dr. Julia Heller: Well, let's just say your reputation precedes you.

Alonzo Solace: I don't have one. I'm not around enough to make one. But you - You have some sleep in your eye.

Dr. Julia Heller: What?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109701/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"Earth 2"

First Contact (1994)

Country Date

USA 6 November 1994



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109701/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Earth 2 (TV series 1994–1995)

First Contact (#1.1)


Debrah Farentino ... Devon Adair


Devon Adair and her crew are searching a new home for the human race. The colonization of "Earth 2" is difficult. Some government forces want to destroy the ship of the colonists. But they manage to escape and arrive in orbit around "Earth 2". There the crew has to face some technical problems and they crash land on the planet. Soon they find out that the Earth like planet is inhabited by intelligent humanoid life forms


Release Date: 6 November 1994 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000387/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Robert Englund

Date of Birth

6 June 1947, Glendale, California, USA

Birth Name

Robert Barton Englund










http://www.fjc.gov/servlet/nGetInfo?jid=1727&cid=999&ctype=na&instate=na


FEDERAL JUDICIAL CENTER


Biographical Directory of Federal Judges

Murrah, Alfred Paul

Born October 27, 1904, in Tishomingo, OK

Died October 30, 1975, in Oklahoma City, OK










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087800/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Country Date

USA 9 November 1984 (limited)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0654546/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"My Favorite Martian"

TV or Not TV (1966)

Country Date

USA 23 January 1966



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0654546/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

My Favorite Martian (TV series 1963–1966)

TV or Not TV (#3.19)


Ray Walston ... Uncle Martin


Martin's internal transmitter is short circuiting. Intermittently, he becomes 'the' television transmitter worldwide, overtaking all regular television programming. His eyes are the camera. In the meantime, he has a special pair of sunglasses to wear that will block the transmitter.


Release Date: 23 January 1966 (USA)










http://www.siouxlandchamber.com/flight-232-memorial.html


Siouxland Chamber of Commerce


Things To Do & See > Local Attractions > Flight 232 Memorial


Flight 232 Memorial

Commemorating the heroic rescue efforts shown by the Sioux City community after the crash of United Flight 232 in 1989, this statue depicts Colonel Dennis Nielsen carrying a young child to safety. The memorial is part of Sioux City's riverfront development located near the Anderson Dance Pavilion.

The memorial features contemplative areas and a tree-lined approach with plaques narrating the tragic event.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087800/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)


Nancy: Whatever you do don't fall asleep.