Sunday, January 29, 2012

Unboxed Three (watches television too).




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058824/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Lost in Space" (1965)


Dr. Smith: Oh, the pain, the pain.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-307.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X07 - A MEASURE OF SALVATION (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 10-NOV-2006


Chip Six fugue: on a beach.

Six: Relax. Have a drink.

Baltar: I can't. (He whimpers and gasps.) The pain. The pain.

Six: It's all in your head, Gaius. Pain, pleasure. They're just neural impulses sent to the brain. You decide how to interpret them. They can be pleasant. Or unpleasant.

(Baltar screams in both the projection and the interrogation..)

Baltar, screaming: No! No, please! Please!

(Caprica is visually distressed. Three finally turns down the pain inductor.)

Three: I want it to stop, Gaius. I don't want you to feel this pain. And neither does Caprica, do you?

Caprica, crying: No.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0746830/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

J.K. Rowling

Date of Birth

31 July 1965, Yate, Bristol, England, UK

Birth Name

Joanne Rowling



http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/511134/JK-Rowling

Encyclopædia Britannica


J.K. Rowling

ARTICLE from the Encyclopædia Britannica

J.K. Rowling, in full Joanne Kathleen Rowling (born July 31, 1965, Chipping Sodbury, near Bristol, England), British author, creator of the popular and critically acclaimed Harry Potter series, about a young sorcerer in training.

After graduating from the University of Exeter in 1986, Rowling began working for Amnesty International in London, where she started to write the Harry Potter adventures. In the early 1990s she traveled to Portugal to teach English as a foreign language, but, after a brief marriage and the birth of her daughter, she returned to the United Kingdom, settling in Edinburgh. Living on public assistance ... (100 of 439 words)










http://www.tv.com/shows/gilligans-island/hi-fi-gilligan-10155

tv.com


Gilligan's Island

Season 2, Episode 10

Hi-Fi Gilligan

Air Date

November 25, 1965


Gilligan's mouth becomes a radio after he is accidentally hit on the head. When their regular radio is broken, Gilligan becomes their sole source of information on the approaching typhoon.





http://www.tv.com/shows/gilligans-island/hi-fi-gilligan-10155

tv.com


Gilligan's Island

Season 2, Episode 10

Hi-Fi Gilligan

Air Date

November 25, 1965

Quotes


Skipper: Look, Mr Howell, let's concentrate on the radio.

Thurston: Gilligan broke it. Let him fix it.

Professor: Gilligan is hardly an electronic wizard.

Thurston: Well is that so? Can you turn yourself into a radio?

Professor: Gilligan had nothing to do with it. It's just that two of his teeth jammed against each other. It's as simple as that.

Skipper: And all because I accidently belted him one.

Professor: That's right. And when he hit the table, it jammed it back into its normal position.

Thurston: Well if we his him again, do you think he would turn into a radio?

Skipper: Mr. Howell!

Thurston: Now, wait a minute! It's only a soft rock.

Skipper: You drop that rock.

Thurston: A little mayhem may save us all.

Skipper: Mr. Howell, you can't expect a man to stand still while you belt him with a rock.

Thurston: Well I don't expect him to stand. Certainly not!

Skipper: Well that's better.

Thurston: Of course, what you do it you sneak up on him, then you hit him!










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-307.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X07 - A MEASURE OF SALVATION (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 10-NOV-2006


Basestar: Baltar's interrogation and Chip Six fugue. Baltar shakes as Three turns the pain higher.)

Six, fugue: I can help you. I can guide you through the torment and beyond, but you'll have to do the work.

Baltar, gasping: I'll do anything. (Basestar.) Anything!

Three: Then tell us what we want to know. How was the virus invented? Did they make a cure?

Six: (VO.) Look at me. (Projection.) Look at me. When you make love to me, Gaius, you don't always think about me. Your mind wanders. I know that. You think of equations, puzzles, your laundry.

(Interrogation: Baltar, screaming.)

Six: (VO.) It's the nature of the mind to disconnect from the body, enjoining on its own. (In the projection, climbing onto his body.) Separate your mind from your body. Keep your mind in that room. Use your intellect against her. Reason. Logic. Analysis. Find the holes in her psyche.

Baltar, in the interrogation: I can't … the pain --

Six, in the projection: The pain's only in your body. So keep your body here with me. Don't worry. I'll take care of it.

Three, turning down the machine: You see, Gaius, this is what the absence of pain feels like. It's easy to forget.

Baltar: I had nothing to do with the virus. It was a coincidence.

Three: There's no such thing as coincidence. God wills the universe according to his design.

Six begins to undress: Now. Focus on her. As a Cylon, not a woman. Be a scientist. Examine her faith. What's your analysis, doctor?

Baltar: I'm a scientist. And as a scientist, I believe that if God exists our knowledge of him is imperfect. Why? (Interrogation.) Because the stories and myths we have are the products of men. The passage of time. That religion in practice is based on a theory. Impossible to prove. Yet you bestow it with absolutes like, "There is no such thing as coincidence."

Three: It's called faith.

Baltar: Absolute belief in God's will means there's a reason for everything. Everything! And yet you can't help ask yourself how God can allow death and destruction and then despise yourself for asking. But the truth is, if we knew God's will, we'd all be Gods, wouldn't we? I can see it in your eyes, D'Anna. You're frustrated. You're conflicted. Let me help you. Let me help you change. Find a way to reconcile your faith with fact. Find a way towards a rational universe.

Three: I don't know what your game is, but it's not going to work. (She shows him an electrified prod.) You intentionally led one of our ships to that beacon, didn't you?

(Three sticks the prod in his ear; Baltar screams.)

Six, in the projection, as they make love: Give your body to me. only your mind is there. Feel me. Feel this where she wants you to feel pain. Look at me. Look at me, Gaius. Do you want me to believe you're worth saving? Do you? Do you? Say it.

Baltar, in the interrogation: I want you to believe in me. Don't stop! Don't stop! Please, please don't stop. You have to believe in me. You're all I have left.

(Baltar and six gasp and moan; Three is stricken by his words.)

Six: Now tell me you believe in me. Tell me you believe in my strength. Oh, God, say it!

Baltar, in the interrogation: I believe in you! I believe in you.