Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I see myself on the 9th grade bus reading all those Lesa Jewell's handwritten notes to me I enjoyed, Mickey, and I regret I'll never speak to her again.




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/quotes

IMDb



Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Quotes


[last lines]

Marines: [singing] M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. We were sparked from coast to coast and far across the sea. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Forever let us hold our banner high. High. High. High. High. We play fair but we work hard and we're in harmony. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! You're as welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Forever let us hold our banner high. High. High. High. High. Boys and girls from far and near are welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Come along and sing a song you're welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse...










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rollingstones/paintitblack.html


THE ROLLING STONES


"Paint It Black"

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens ev'ry day
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black
No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the settin sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin comes
I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
Hmm, hmm, hmm,...
I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096969/quotes

IMDb


Born on the Fourth of July (1989)

Quotes


Ron Kovic: [to Charlie] I had a mother; I had a father, things - things that made sense. Do you remember things that made sense? Things you could count on?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096969/quotes

IMDb


Born on the Fourth of July (1989)

Quotes


Chaplain - Vietnam: How are you?

Ron Kovic: [weakly] Tell them - they have to operate on me. There's something wrong with me.

Chaplain - Vietnam: The doctors are real busy right now. There's a lot of wounded here today. No time for anything except trying to stay alive, so you got to try and stay alive, okay? You hear me? Try and stay alive.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096969/quotes

IMDb


Born on the Fourth of July (1989)

Quotes


Ron Kovic: We went to Vietnam to stop communism!... We shell women and children!

Mrs. Kovic: You didn't shoot women and children! What are you saying?

Ron Kovic: That was the war, communism, the incidious evil! They told us to go.

Mrs. Kovic: Yes, yes that's what they told us.

Ron Kovic: Thou shalt not kill, Mom. Thou shalt not kill women and children! Thou shalt not kill! Remember? Isn't that what you taught us? Isn't that what they taught us?

Mrs. Kovic: Stop it! Stop it!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:13 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 18 December 2013