Saturday, December 21, 2013

Rational person(s)




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


KIRK: Let us take you with us to a place of safety.

ATOZ: No, thank you. I plan to join my wife and family when the time comes. Now, don't be concerned about me. Think of yourselves. I warn you most urgently. Make your escape before it's too late. The library is at your complete service. I will gladly supply you with all reference material to help you. History of the planet is available in every detail. Just choose what interests you the most. The millennium, the century, the date, the moment. The library is your key. (puts a disc in a reader) Oh! It's in the wrong file. Make your own selection, but remember, you're very late.

KIRK: We'll choose it as quick as we can. How long till nova?

SPOCK: Three hours, thirteen minutes.

KIRK: This gentleman is not

ATOZ: You, sir. I think you’ll find something interesting over here.

(He leads Kirk to his desk)

ATOZ: Now, if these won't do, I can bring you another file.

(Atoz goes off to a machine, while Kirk puts a disc on the player and sees a town scene with horse-drawn carriages and a sedan chair. Spock goes over to Mister Atoz, leaving McCoy browsing images of a snow-covered waste)

ATOZ: Have you made your selection, sir?

SPOCK: Exactly what is it that I'm expected to select?

ATOZ: I'm sure I was clear. The period in which you're interested.

SPOCK: I see. This is a fascinating machine. What is it?

ATOZ: Ah, this is the atavachron.

SPOCK: Interesting nomenclature. How does it work? May I

ATOZ: Oh, no, sir, no. I must ask you not to touch the controlling mechanism. Return and make your selection. When you have chosen, I will prepare you through the atavachron.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


I am also ruining the future for women that I show an interest in while I am being held hostage. It doesn't matter if I have a relationship with any of them, as long as their is some perception in the future that I was interested in them they are going to be subjected to this same kind of craziness


This is insanity. If anyone has been talking about romantic relationships between me and any woman, I am sorry for just now figuring this out. I certainly wouldn't wish this on anyone except for my worst enemies, such as Bill Gates, but certainly not you.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]





From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 6/12/2006 ( "There must be some reason to these thoughts" ) is 13635 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/3/2003 ( as a time traveler from the future I arrived this date near the town of George in Washington State and the Ancient Lake and then as arranged earlier I resided in Bellevue Washington until my 9 May 2003 departure as a time traveler for another time period ) is 13635 days



From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 8/18/2006 ( "This is insanity." ) is 13702 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time period ) is 13702 days





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, June 12, 2006 1:23:57 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:


Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 June 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Journal June 12, 2006, Supplemental

There must be some reason to these thoughts [ , I think now having just awoken from sleep, ] I was having awhile back about the opening scenes to the upcoming movie HALO. I was thinking of how the story goes behind the military person that inspired Master Chief. It begins with the real MCPO arriving at his post on some planet. It is an isolated post in some kind of wasteland, desert, mountainous region. He arrives, talks with a few people, walks around. The structure is some kind of pre-fab building with a lot of walkways and observation positions, a lot of defensive positions. You can hear the clanking of deckplates and gratings as people walk around.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 June 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Journal June 12, 2006, Supplemental


MCPO finds a place to sit down his gear and look out over the land. He places a photo of an attractive blond woman


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 June 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 8:28 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005


The other dream I had was about fighting some kind of aliens. I'm not sure if this dream happened before the one I wrote about above or if it happened later. In this dream, I am still in the Navy, but I am wearing some kind of camoflauge uniform, maybe army or marines. These aliens have invaded a subway and there are a lot of travelers around in danger. I am about to drop from exhaustion after 36 hours of fighting, we have been retreating and I am separated from the other soldiers. I am carrying two heavy packs, trying to find another unit to group up with, with passengers stream through the facility, they are even getting on the trains as some of them are still coming through. I have lost my rifle somewhere. I still have plenty of ammo, but I can't find a rifle. A woman at a coffee kisok says something to me that I don't remember, she has dried blood on her hands as she is preparing coffee. Then I am outside and I have found an armory where I get another rifle. I start heading back to the subway.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


KIRK: You're a very agile man, Mister Atoz. Just how many of you are there? We came as soon as we knew what was happening.

SPOCK: Forgive me, sir. It is my fault. I must have miscalculated. Our readings indicated that there was no one here at all.

ATOZ: Of course I know. Everyone on this planet was warned of the coming nova long ago. They followed instructions and are now safe. And you had better do the same.

KIRK: Did you say they were safe?

ATOZ: Absolutely. Every single one.

KIRK: Where did they go?

ATOZ: Wherever they wanted to go, of course. It is strictly up to the individual's choice.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


[17th Century]

WENCH: Oh, thank you, man. I thought I'd be limbered sure when that gull caught me cutting his purse.

KIRK: What's that?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


[17th Century]

(Back in the street, at the wall Kirk came through)

JUDGE: This is where it is. I can't remember the exact spot.

(Kirk feels along the wall until his hand disappears into it)

JUDGE: That's it! That is the portal. I cannot wait any longer.

(The judge hurries away, and Kirk slips through the wall back into the library)










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


ATOZ: I don't trust you.

KIRK: Which one are you now, the replica or the real one?

ATOZ: I am the real Atoz. You've done away with my replicas. I regret what I must now do.










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Stephen Crane


The Red Badge of Courage


http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/20/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK

Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 19

Chapter 19


As they halted thus the lieutenant again began to bellow profanely. Regardless of the vindictive threats of the bullets, he went about coaxing, berating, and bedamning. His lips, that were habitually in a soft and childlike curve, were now writhed into unholy contortions. He swore by all possible deities.

Once he grabbed the youth by the arm. "Come on, yeh lunkhead!" he roared. "Come one! We'll all git killed if we stay here. We've on'y got t' go across that lot. An' then"--the remainder of his idea disappeared in a blue haze of curses.

The youth stretched forth his arm. "Cross there?" His mouth was puckered in doubt and awe.

"Certainly. Jest 'cross th' lot! We can't stay here," screamed the lieutenant. He poked his face close to the youth and waved his bandaged hand. "Come on!" Presently he grappled with him as if for a wrestling bout. It was as if he planned to drag the youth by the ear on to the assault.

The private felt a sudden unspeakable indignation against his officer. He wrenched fiercely and shook him off.

"Come on yerself, then," he yelled. There was a bitter challenge in his voice.

They galloped together down the regimental front. The friend scrambled after them. In front of the colors the three men began to bawl: "Come on! come on!" They danced and gyrated like tortured savages.

The flag, obedient to these appeals, bended its glittering form and swept toward them. The men wavered in indecision for a moment, and then with a long, wailful cry the dilapidated regiment surged forward and began its new journey.

Over the field went the scurrying mass. It was a handful of men splattered into the faces of the enemy. Toward it instantly sprang the yellow tongues. A vast quantity of blue smoke hung before them. A mighty banging made ears valueless.

The youth ran like a madman to reach the woods before a bullet could discover him. He ducked his head low, like a football player. In his haste his eyes almost closed, and the scene was a wild blur.










2009 film "The Time Traveler's Wife" DVD video:

00:32:17


Richard DeTamble: Then why don't you keep her from getting into that goddamn car?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


[Cave]

MCCOY: Spock. You've been dishonest with me, Spock, and that is also something new for you.

SPOCK: I've given you the facts, Doctor.

MCCOY: The facts as you know them. Or did you just accept Zarabeth's word because it's what you wanted to believe?

SPOCK: You were told the truth. If Zarabeth is the source, what difference does it make?

MCCOY: Zarabeth is a woman condemned to a terrible life of loneliness. She would do anything to anybody to change that. Wouldn't you, Zarabeth?

ZARABETH: I told you what I know.

MCCOY: Did you? You said we can't get back. The truth is you can't get back.

SPOCK: She would not jeopardise other lives.

MCCOY: She would do anything to prevent that life of loneliness. She would lie. She would cheat. She would even murder me, the captain, the entire crew of the Enterprise to keep you here with her. Go ahead, Zarabeth, tell Spock the truth. Go ahead. Tell Spock you would kill!

SPOCK: What are you doing to her?

(Spock pins McCoy against the cave wall)

MCCOY: Are you trying to kill me, Spock? Is that what you really want? Think. What are you feeling? Rage? Jealousy? Have you ever had those feelings before?

SPOCK: This is impossible. Impossible. I am a Vulcan.

MCCOY: The Vulcan you knew won't exist for another five thousand years. Think, man. What's happening on your planet right now, this very moment?

SPOCK: My ancestors are barbarians. Warlike barbarians.

MCCOY: Who nearly killed themselves off with their own passions. Spock, you're reverting into your ancestors five thousand years before you were born!

SPOCK: I've lost myself. I do not know who I am. Can we go back?

ZARABETH: I don't know. I only know that I can't go back.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/78.htm

All Our Yesterdays

Stardate: 5943.7

Original Airdate: Mar 14, 1969


ATOZ: Ah, this is the atavachron.

SPOCK: Interesting nomenclature. How does it work? May I

ATOZ: Oh, no, sir, no. I must ask you not to touch the controlling mechanism. Return and make your selection. When you have chosen, I will prepare you through the atavachron.

SPOCK: Thank you, Mister Atoz.

(Kirk hears a woman scream from behind a doorway) KIRK: Spock. Bones.

ATOZ: Wait! I haven't prepared you.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217869/quotes

IMDB


Unbreakable (2000)

Quotes


David Dunn: Jesus Christ...

Elijah Price: Now that we know who you are, I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:56 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 21 December 2013