Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Quiet Earth (1985)




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CsLc-9Ez2w

You Tube


The Quiet Earth.1985.Geoff Murphy










http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NewEraSpeech

tv tropes


Zac Hobson gives a resounding New Era Speech from the balcony of his mansion in The Quiet Earth. :


I have dedicated all my scientific knowledge and skill to projects which I knew could be put to evil purposes... for the common good, they said. How easy to believe in the common good, when that belief is rewarded with status, wealth, AND POWER!!! (Long pause) How hard to believe in the common good, when every fibre of my being tells me that the awesome forces I have helped to create have been put into the hands of MADMEN!!! AND WHAT BECAME- BY THE ACTION OF MY OWN CORRUPTION! Is it not fitting then that I be President... of this... quiet... Earth...? (Even longer pause) I've been condemned to live.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:56 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 12 December 2013