Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Top Gun




From 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) To 5/12/1986 is 2110 days

2110 = 1055 + 1055

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/22/1968 ( premiere US TV series "Land of the Giants" ) is 1055 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-gun.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/releaseinfo

IMDb


Top Gun (1986)

Release Info

USA 12 May 1986 (New York City, New York) (premiere)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37237

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Swearing-in Ceremony for James C. Fletcher as Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration

May 12, 1986

The President. I very much wanted to be here today because this ceremony marks the dawn of a new beginning for NASA, the United States, and the free world.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Final Countdown (1980)

Release Info

USA 1 August 1980










http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/fogofwar/index/crusade.htm

Washington Post


Crusade

The Untold Story of the Persian Gulf War

By Rick Atkinson

Houghton Mifflin Company, 520pp. $16

Chapter One: First Night


Three helicopters back, in the trail Apache dubbed Rigor Mortis, Lieutenant Colonel Dick Cody knew better. He had clearly seen the first burst of fire from below, followed by a missile streaking just abeam of the line of aircraft. "Jeez, Brian," Cody called to his co-pilot, "did you see that?"










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/quotes

IMDb


Top Gun (1986)

Quotes


Maverick: So you were there?

Viper: I was there. What's on your mind?

Maverick: My options, sir.

Viper: Simple. First you've acquired enough points to show up tomorrow and graduate with your Top Gun class, or you can quit. There'd be no disgrace. That spin was hell, it would've shook me up.










1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" DVD video:

00:09:06


Parker: Three hundred or 500? It makes a difference.

Grafton: I don't know. I'm a little shaken up right now.

Camparelli: You're what?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb


The Hunt for Red October (1990)

Quotes


[Ryan is on board a plane experiencing violent turbulence]

Navigator C-2A: What's the matter Commander? You don't like flying, huh? Aw, this is nothing! You should've been with us five, six months ago! Whoa! You talk about puke! We ran into a hailstorm over the Sea of Japan. Everybody's retching their guts out! The pilot shot his lunch all over the windshield, and I barfed on the radio! Shorted it out completely! And it wasn't that lightweight stuff either, it was that chunky industrial weight puke!

[offers him the candy bar he's been eating]

Navigator C-2A: Hey, you want a bite?

Jack Ryan: Jack, next time you get a bright idea just put it in a memo!























https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1199/5138459904_508804daa4_o.jpg

































http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/7/8/0868872.jpg










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1-08 - Flesh And Bones 12/06/04


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-108.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X08 - FLESH AND BONE

Original Airdate: February 25, 2005 (USA)


Boomer - My co-pilot gave up a seat for you.





http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/1991/October%201991/1091apache.aspx


Air Force Magazine


October 1991

Apache Attack

By Richard Mackenzie

The helicopters would open the war. They had to take out Iraq's early warning net, and they had to get it all.


As he sat in his helicopter talking with his gunner, Colonel Cody saw a dusty rental car speeding over the tarmac. The sedan pulled to a stop. Col. Ben Orrell, Colonel Gray's deputy, yelled from the driver's seat of the car, "I need to talk to you."

Colonel Cody climbed down and ran to the vehicle.





"Space: Above and Beyond"

"Who Monitors the Birds?"

Sunday 7 January 1996

Episode 12 Season 1 DVD video:

00:07:56


US Marine Corps Major Jack Colquitt: I know that a judge sentenced you to the Marines. That is your ticket out. You go on this mission, the old man will sign it. Lieutenant Hawkes, you're the best natural shooter there is aboard Saratoga. Now, normally, a mission of this intensity would require long-term training.





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-101.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X01 - 33

Original Airdate: January 14, 2005 (USA)


Caprica

We see Helo running through the woods from two Cylons. He lures the Cylons into a trap










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 9, 2006


My hunch is that I was taken captive again by natives, where they threw me in to fight a lion. There is this memory I have been thinking about for a while. It was when i was a kid, maybe 7 years old. Mom was married to James Nevell and we lived in De Queen. He had not gone back into the Marines at that time or he had just gotten out. I think it was the former. Anyway, one day, I was rummaging through our storage shed and I found his U.S. Marines-issued saber. Or I found a machete that day. I remember both happening. Anyway, I was playing with the machete or the saber out in the yard and I was chopping away at any threatening blades of grass or tree limbs. At one point, I started to chop a tree limb that was laying on the ground in front of me. After I swung the blade over my head to strike down on the limb, mom's new puppy ran between my legs and run under the blade. I struck the little bastard square on its backbone, but remarkably, I didn't even break the skin. It ran off yelping but wasn't even bleeding. I was very scared because I thought I had just killed it, but it was all right. As I was just writing that memory, I felt a greater association to it and that Costner movie I just wrote about. When I started writing about hitting that dog, I was thinking about something with lions. As in, a lion rushed at me, I leapt into the air, did a something like a somersault, but not the backflip, rather the other....what do you call that? It wouldn't be a backflip....but something like a side-flip....I'll have to look that up. Anyway, as I flipped over the top of the lion, I either punched its backbone or I had some kind of weapon I used to break its back. I have no idea if this is memory or imagination but I think of this many times. I just wish I knew.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 August 2006 excerpt ends]










From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) To 7/13/2000 is 3465 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/29/1975 ( the evacuation of Saigon begins ) is 3465 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 7/13/2000 is 3465 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/29/1975 ( the evacuation of Saigon begins ) is 3465 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 7/13/2000 is 2032 days

2032 = 1016 + 1016

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/14/1968 ( the Disneyland passenger helicopter crash - Los Angeles Airways Flight 417 ) is 1016 days



From 6/8/1874 ( Cochise deceased ) To 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) is 12672 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/13/2000 is 12672 days



From 9/23/1962 ( premiere US TV series "The Jetsons" ) To 7/13/2000 is 13808 days

13808 = 6904 + 6904

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/1984 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "UA from class from 0600-0800" ) is 6904 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=1600

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks on Presenting the Congressional Gold Medal to Father Theodore M. Hesburgh

July 13, 2000

Thank you. Thank you very much, Mr. Speaker; Senator Daschle, Senator Thurmond, Senator Bayh, Senator Lugar, Congressman Roemer. Thank you all for your efforts today. Chaplain Coughlin and distinguished Members of the Congress and, of course, Chaplain Ogilvie. I'd like to say a special word of welcome to the Notre Dame Glee Club, who sang the national anthem without benefit of musical background. Most of us need the music to cover up the mistakes we make



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:20 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 07 October 2015