Wednesday, October 07, 2015

"And throw away the key"




http://www.ecy.wa.gov/drought/

DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY

State of Washington


Last revised: October 7, 2015

Historic drought keeps grip on state; preparations begin now for second year of drought as low snowpack is forecast in 2016



































10800_DSC01091.JPG










From 3/1/1973 ( Pink Floyd "The Dark Side of the Moon" ) To 10/7/2015 is 15560 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/9/2008 is 15560 days



From 7/17/1936 ( premiere US film "White Fang" ) To 10/7/2015 is 28936 days

28936 = 14468 + 14468

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/09/08 6:49 AM
This reminds me of something I heard recently, on television I think, I cannot remember where I heard it. Someone said something about how in one perception of the model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points starts by going backwards. Or I think that is what he said. As I was writing it I began to wonder if I remember it correctly. But what I do remember is that I pondered that for a few minutes later as I was walking outside and I thought to myself that it is some kind of reference to your frame of reference. It makes sense that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line and going backwards if you start from the forward point, which ever one that is.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox

Common themes in paradoxes include self-reference, the infinite, circular definitions, and confusion of levels of reasoning. Other paradoxes involve false statements or half-truths and the resulting biased assumptions.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 June 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/09/08 5:28 AM
As I was walking outside a few minute ago, the thought occurred to me that my artificial memory of Racheal Barnett has some kind of bearing, along with many other details, on that notion of the paradox from that series finale episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation.

It is no so much her that is the paradox; it is probably just that I became aware at some point that I have artificial memory. That might be the reason for that plot element. Just something about how I would some day reach the point of realizing that I had artificial memory. I am not certain if it was the drugs the VA was giving me or it was just some external source, something of an alarm clock, that told me I could start coming out of it. Something that I was waiting to hear and that maybe only I knew about but I had created that condition on my own perogative before my memory was suppressed. Because I did it on my own perogative, I told no one how I had designed it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 June 2008 excerpt ends]



































10800_DSC01087.JPG






























10800_DSC01088.JPG






























10800_DSC01089.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028501/releaseinfo

IMDb


White Fang (1936)

Release Info

USA 17 July 1936










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 6:54 PM Saturday, September 03, 2005


Henry laughed defiantly.

Literature Network>Jack London>White Fang>Chapter 2
Henry laughed defiantly. "I ain't been trailed this way by wolves before, but I've gone through a whole lot worse an' kept my health. Takes more'n a handful of them pesky critters to do for yours truly, Bill, my son."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.online-literature.com/london/whitefang/1/

THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » Jack London » White Fang » Chapter 1


Chapter 1

THE TRAIL OF THE MEAT


"What gets me, Henry, is what a chap like this, that's a lord or something in his own country, and that's never had to bother about grub nor blankets; why he comes a-buttin' round the Godforsaken ends of the earth - that's what I can't exactly see."

"He might have lived to a ripe old age if he'd stayed at home," Henry agreed.

Bill opened his mouth to speak, but changed his mind. Instead, he pointed towards the wall of darkness that pressed about them from every side. There was no suggestion of form in the utter blackness; only could be seen a pair of eyes gleaming like live coals. Henry indicated with his head a second pair, and a third. A circle of the gleaming eyes had drawn about their camp. Now and again a pair of eyes moved, or disappeared to appear again a moment later.

The unrest of the dogs had been increasing, and they stampeded, in a surge of sudden fear, to the near side of the fire, cringing and crawling about the legs of the men. In the scramble one of the dogs had been overturned on the edge of the fire, and it had yelped with pain and fright as the smell of its singed coat possessed the air. The commotion caused the circle of eyes to shift restlessly for a moment and even to withdraw a bit, but it settled down again as the dogs became quiet.

"Henry, it's a blame misfortune to be out of ammunition."










http://www.newsweek.com/eclipse-354066

Newsweek


How Pink Floyd Made 'Dark Side of the Moon'

BY NEWSWEEK SPECIAL EDITION 7/19/15 AT 3:57 PM


Released March 1, 1973, to universal acclaim, Dark Side of the Moon was hailed by everyone who heard it as an instant classic.










http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pinkfloyd.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

album: "The Dark Side Of The Moon" (1973)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/time.html

AZ

PINK FLOYD

"Time"

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:16 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 07 October 2015